DONT GET IT DONE!! Experience from us!

I am 35 I had my first procedure after an ex convinced me to get a "fill in", not realizing fully that it meant a life committment to procedures and a huge scar on the back of my head.

When I went in there, I didnt know they slice open your head, I thought it was more like an individual extraction...but after they shaved the strip, I thought I was beyond the point of no return so I did it.

I didnt realize that I could never have a short or buzz cut ever again.

A few years later I broke up with her and for an added ego "boost" (I THought) I got 900+ grafts @ bosely. I was VERY dissapointed with the results, the doctor missed spots and I have what looked like circles of skin in the hair area and he had lowered my hair line (I thought that would be a good thing) but it wasnt as thick as the rest of the area and it looked very awkward.

So because of that, 10 months later I opted to get another procedure to cover up their mistakes.

Now Im almost 4 months out, waiting for regrowth, praying that it will grow in properly, evenly and more natural.

Oh I didnt mention that when they puncture your skin for each new graft you have a slight impression scar which looks terrible in the light! And the "feathering" of the hair line consists of single hairs that are much thicker than most people's natural hairlines, a dead give away.

So now, Im madly and deelply depressed...Ive even had suicidal thoughts. I Feel like Im trapped in my bad decision. I would do almost anything to be able to remove my scars, start over and just shave my head.

Now Im uncomfortable when women touch my hair, afraid they'll feel the bumpy scar or see it. When my hair is pulled back or wet, you can see the less than natural looking hairline. And I can never cut my hair short ever again for the rest of my life

Now I wish I just accepted aging gracefully, because a lot of women love shaved heads and like to touch them, instead of me bing afraid to get touched.

If anyone is reading this and considering doing it...PLEASE for the love of GOD, listen to me...just shave your head..it may be a shock or a big change, but its better to be proud of who you are and have people accept you, then cover it up in a less than natural way with life scarring.

I am 35 I had my first procedure after an ex convinced me to get a "fill in", not realizing fully that it meant a life committment to procedures and a huge scar on the back of my head.

When I went in there, I didnt know they slice open your head, I thought it was more like an individual extraction...but after they shaved the strip, I thought I was beyond the point of no return so I did it.

I didnt realize that I could never have a short or buzz cut ever again.

A few years later I broke up with her and for an added ego "boost" (I THought) I got 900+ grafts @ bosely. I was VERY dissapointed with the results, the doctor missed spots and I have what looked like circles of skin in the hair area and he had lowered my hair line (I thought that would be a good thing) but it wasnt as thick as the rest of the area and it looked very awkward.

So because of that, 10 months later I opted to get another procedure to cover up their mistakes.

Now Im almost 4 months out, waiting for regrowth, praying that it will grow in properly, evenly and more natural.

Oh I didnt mention that when they puncture your skin for each new graft you have a slight impression scar which looks terrible in the light! And the "feathering" of the hair line consists of single hairs that are much thicker than most people's natural hairlines, a dead give away.

So now, Im madly and deelply depressed...Ive even had suicidal thoughts. I Feel like Im trapped in my bad decision. I would do almost anything to be able to remove my scars, start over and just shave my head.

Now Im uncomfortable when women touch my hair, afraid they'll feel the bumpy scar or see it. When my hair is pulled back or wet, you can see the less than natural looking hairline. And I can never cut my hair short ever again for the rest of my life

Now I wish I just accepted aging gracefully, because a lot of women love shaved heads and like to touch them, instead of me bing afraid to get touched.

If anyone is reading this and considering doing it...PLEASE for the love of GOD, listen to me...just shave your head..it may be a shock or a big change, but its better to be proud of who you are and have people accept you, then cover it up in a less than natural way with life scarring.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. If the work is done by a "top-doc", you don't have the problems you have experienced. I don't have any impression scars in my recipient area, you can't tell anything has been done even under bright light under the closest inspection. I have a scar at the back, but it's impossible to feel, although it would be visible with very short hair. Excellent results are possible, just not with the likes of Bosley. Who did your last HT?

PB

Just-a-guy,

It pains me, as I'm sure it does all of us here, to hear of your very unfortunate experience. Unfortunately, Bosely has delievered some very, very poor and inconsistent results over the years. If you'd have ended up with a quality surgeon I'm sure you'd have had a totally different experience.

Hang in there. At 4 months post-op while you should have a little growth you're still a few months away from seeing a dramatic change. If you don't mind sharing, who did the second HT?

Be patient and see how things turn out. Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised. If, by chance, things are now how you want them to be, there are several here that have undergone poor HT procedures...........go to a quality Doc and end up looking great. Check out the Coalition Surgeons at the top of this page and view some of their work. Each of them is in a league of their own when it comes to hair transplants.

Take care and good luck to you!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Just A Guy,

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with your hair transplant at Bosley. Given your description of the pitting and poor density in your recipient area it is clear that this procedure was a long way from state of the art ultra refined dense packing.

I hope that the surgeon who did your second procedure four months ago did a much better job. If he did then I think your outlook may improve considerably as your new hair starts to come in the over next few months.

I'd imagine that waiting over the past few months with nothing yet to show for your second procedure has been tough. This waiting period is often tough on patients.

But hang in there and let your second session grow in. I think you will be feeling much better about things in the coming weeks.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Just- aguy

I also feel for you. However you will be all to do things in the future to correct some of the issues that you now feel so strongly about. For example you could have FUE undertaken where you literally punched out individual follicular units from the scalp and these can be inserted into your donor scar in the back of your head. This could represent a good way to camouflage the scar. If the scar is particularly bad you can have it revised and at the same time request this new tricophytic/or ledge closure technique where hair actually appears to grow out of the scar thus providing maximum camouflage. As for the top of your head then even if things do not pan out after this second transplantation if you choose your surgeon correctly any previous poor work can be camouflaged relatively easy with, as Pat indicates, Ultra refined FU grafting.

Finally you notice things that others simply do not you have extreme anxiety about things that others simply do not observe. This is a common characteristic and will eventually lead to quite a depressive state. Bottom line is your level of anxiety I am sure is really not warranted, although I respect very much your feelings.

Youy will be able to improve things, but also realise that potentially you may be overcritical of the work that has been done.

my best wishes

It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience. The key issue here, however, is that you did not spend the necessary time researching. Showing up for surgery without knowing what they were going to do only demonstrates that you went for all the wrong reasons.

I wish you best wishes for your future efforts to correct any damage you have. Make sure you spend the time researching it better next time.

PerfectFew

PerfectFew

I kind of felt that way after trying a hairpiece.

What a mistake that was. Actually hair transplants are the absolute best way to achieve the best and most natural looking head of hair. When I first took the plunge for a hair transplant in the early eighties, the state of the art looked

similar to a doll head with large round multi hair plugs. Now this looked unnatural. Luckily, I ignored the advice of the Doctor and decided not to start with the hairline. Also, picking the right Doctor was a crapshoot, because

there was virtually no information readily available to evaluate a doctors work other then the pictures in his provided portfolio ( which by the way looked unnatural due to the older technology). Anyway, I have had three subsequent transplants since and am waiting for my latest (and likely best) to grow into place using the latest ultra packed graft technology. Frankly, I envy those of you who are

younger and considering hair transplants for the very first time. You have the advantage of new state of the art methods, an incredible amount of

research and information from fellow transplant patients (thanks to the invention of the internet), and a virgin head of donor hair. What more can you ask for?

Hi

Sorry about your experience.. I had 2 Ht's and very happy with the results and looking forward to the final result ( last surgery 3 months ago)

Docs today can fix bad HT's exceptionally well

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Placing of the grafts is a skill and a very important part of the procedure. Placed too deep and you'll get impressions. Placed not deep enough and you'll get bumps. Only the top HT doctors along with a skilled staff consistenly perform it correcty.

I can tell you from my experience with a top HT doctor, that I literally cannot tell the difference now between my transplanted hair and the original hair. Believe me, I inspect it very closely with magnifying glasses and bright lights. There are no bumps, impressions, scars or any other abnormality that would indicate that it is a transplanted follicle.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

That may be true Gorpy, but your surgeon places most of the grafts and for the most part never leaves the room. So that point may further fuel the debate. AndI'm looking forward to sharing your same results!!!!

• 1 month later...

I went to Dr. Keene in Tucson. I don't know if pitting can be repaired. You might shoot off an email to Dr. Keene with that question. Her web site is www.hairrestore.com.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I have to agree with the original poster. I had a transplant done when I was very young and it's ruined my life. I've had so much work done (none of it satisfactory), and at this point I'd rather be bald. This has caused problems in my social, work and romantic life. These guys promise you the world and usually don't deliver. Save your money for more important things.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a mistake with bosley too when i was young but the pictures that i see here and the ones i saw when i consulted the drs have made me decide to get another procedure done which hopefully corrects bosley's mistakes.. Only if i had done this much research 6 yrs ago...

Just a guy you should try using dermmatch or toppik while you are waiting for regrowth. Those are the only things that have allowed me not to quit work tomm and get the surgery done. Hopefully i can get this done as soon as i get some time off.. STILL CANT DECIDE THE DR (stuck btw two very good drs)

Hi

Again , don't let a bad doctor ruin the potential positive life changing experience for people looking for an answer to MPB.. I've had 2 procedures with a great doctor ( Dr. True) and awesome results. Unfortunately, There are many bad docs out there doing horrible work and the technology 10 years ago was not very advanced.

If you take any expensive service and look at bad experiences it will turn you off. This is why this forum and RESEARCH is imperitive to avoid horrible results.. Anyone not researching any type of surgery ( or expensive investment) is putting themselves at risk

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Worried

I do not as I am a pretty private guy.. Dumb me didn't take any prior pics to surgery plus I have used cosmetics to cover it ( as I do now). I need to get Dr. True to forward me pics taken in the office but I don't think they are on CPU ?? Not sure if I would post them anyway as nobody knows I had a procedure.

Sorry

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi Worried

I do not as I am a pretty private guy.. Dumb me didn't take any prior pics to surgery plus I have used cosmetics to cover it ( as I do now). I need to get Dr. True to forward me pics taken in the office but I don't think they are on CPU ?? Not sure if I would post them anyway as nobody knows I had a procedure.

Sorry

MRJB - You can easily crop the photo so that only your forehead and hair is showing. That way, nobody will know it is you.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Hi

Indeed I could. we will see when my 2nd procedure "bloom's"

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!