bald AND hairy?...

Poll:

out of curiosity, how many of you balding bloggers are pretty hairy?

when I went to a consultation (years ago) with Dr. Sword the consultant said that ALL the men who end up bald in his office are more than average hairy (body hair of course)...

this sounds stupid, but just wondering if it is possible that there is a causal relationship or merely a correlation?...

I don't think there's any correlation between the two. Balding is genetic. I have a thick beard, but, the thing with balding is it's caused by an overproduction of DHT, not testosterone in general. I think body hair/beard hair is genetic and so is balding, but they're genetic for different reasons.

It's not like your hormones put hair on your body or face that's supposed to go on your head.

Guest wanthairs

well lets see.....

i have enough hair on my body to start a friggin carpet factory. My father who is a NWD7 has no body hair at all

My teenage kids told me I have a "summer sweater". Now I know what they were talking about. icon_redface.gificon_mad.gif

NG2GB - I think it is somewhat true, more prominent for balding guys to have more body hair and thicker beards. Hope for BHT right?

NoBuzz

Not hairy at all

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've seen "sweaters" on many patients, but the hairy sweaters are not worn by all bald men. To me it seems it depends more on ethnicity than how bald you are.

i have enough hair on my body to start a friggin carpet factory. My father who is a NWD7 has no body hair at all

Perhaps we should have a body hair sweater contest. I'm definitely on the hairy side, though I tend to shave it in the summer, yeah that's right! TMI probably icon_biggrin.gif

I notice that Janna didn't comment on whether or not she has a body hair problem icon_razz.gif

Bill

Perhaps we should have a body hair sweater contest. I'm definitely on the hairy side, though I tend to shave it in the summer, yeah that's right! TMI probably

Most definately TMI!!

I probably shave my legs like twice a year. No body hair problem at all -- this is also TMI.

Say it with me -- BHT, BHT....BHT, BHT... BHT, BHT...

Frankly, bht being "perfected", at least to the extent of becoming a worthwhile option, would be the ultimate pat on the back, as opposed to an injury-to-insult slap on the face for many a balding brethren.

Personally, I gotta think I have a solid, viable 5k+ bht between my forearms, legs, and chest....densepack into the crown/vertex....BAM!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Balody,

Never heard of that acronym before (somehow), but my guess is "too much information".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Too Much Info is it exactly, Thana!

Aren't glad to know Bill shaves his back in the summers and I don't have much body hairs? Lol, yea, too much info.

Ouch. I am one of the ones with almost no body hair. I think I might have 7 or 8 chest hairs and I can't even think about growing a beard. I have like 30 whiskers total on my cheeks. I can do a half ass goatee but even that is thin and funky looking. The advantage is my wife happens to love it that way, smooth "cheeks" and all. icon_biggrin.gif

For the record....I don't shave my back because I don't have to icon_wink.gif.

I shave my chest in the summer lol.

Funny how there is some hair we'd like to get rid of while we are trying to restore hair on our scalp.

Come on body hair transplant consistency! I'd be able to restore a full head of hair and then some!

Bill