Fue and a shaved head

I was just wondering if anyone here has had fue and then just shaved their head to a #1 or #2. I was thinking that if people looked good with the shaved look, but wanted not to appear as if they were balding, that this might be a good option. I am only speculating but it may prevent the see-through look which many complain of when the hair is longer, as it would be difficult to tell that the hair was numerous than that of the rest of the head when it is that short.

I've done it recently.

Grade 2 all over. Donor was fine despite 6 FUE surgeries and the recipient looked good too initially.

However I must say that as it started to grow out (1 week) then the transplanted grafts became more obvious. They were darker and thicker and so they did start to stand out.

For me anyway, I'd have to keep it very short for it to look right.

Thanks shanti, this is just one option I am currently weighing up and with my terrible scalp/hair contrast it would need to be definitely shaved at least weekly. Does it in any way look like you suffer from mpb with the freshly shaved look? I would love to see some pics. Cheers

Ths is a great topic because some people are thinking about a buzz cut with fue as a way out of being bald. Not that they are wrong, however, the contrast between HT hair, donated from the rump in the NW 7 zone, buzzed down, on a shiny scalp with minaturized hair behind is a challenge for some . I think it boils down to two things, anglulation and color contrast. having said that I think sometime the texture contrast is too striking. I think it might also be worth asking the doc about planting the hair super-flat if the buzz is intended, becauase the coarseness of HT hair is magnified when buzzzd.

I think your FUE HT would need to be near on perfect in order to pull this off with complete confidence. I am not saying it isn't possible but there are many factors you need to have just right:

1: Matching density

2: Matching angulation

3: The caliber of hair must match

4: White dot scarring

5: If you continue to recede behind your HT then it is impossible to hide when you buzz it down

I know I can't get away with the buzzed down look but I did have a bad HT.

To conclude, I wouldn't count on it.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

• 10 months later...