Things to buy

I'm trying to make a list of things to buy Pre-HT. Any suggestions you vets could make would be helpful. So far, this is what I've got:

1.) Travel pillow

2.) 6 or 7 fluffy pillows (so I cal sleep sitting up)

3.) Mederma

4.) 2 loose, new hats

5.) Aloe Vera Gel

6.) Emu Oil

7.) Witch Hazel

8.) MSM

9.) Vit E oil

Can anyone else think of anything else to add to the list?

Thanks =)

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

I'm trying to make a list of things to buy Pre-HT. Any suggestions you vets could make would be helpful. So far, this is what I've got:

1.) Travel pillow

3.) Mederma

4.) 2 loose, new hats

5.) Aloe Vera Gel

6.) Emu Oil

7.) Witch Hazel

8.) MSM

9.) Vit E oil

Can anyone else think of anything else to add to the list?

Thanks =)

-Steve

As a substitute for #4 I thought maybe a doo-rag.......beret or something very loose-fitting. I considered this if I ever go back for a 3rd HT with temple-work.

Who's doing your work, Steve? Where you traveling to?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Your in great hands with Dr. Shapiro. I look forward to seeing your results.

Steve Gabel, M.D.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Emu thats a pretty solid list. If a travel pillow is that pillow that is a "u" shape that fits around your neck, then you have a complete list, if not pick one up. I would also suggest to stay at the hotel where they offer you free shuttle from the airport and to the clinic. I think its the comfort in on American Blvd, I think. I am a former pt two months post op pm me anytime i would be glad to help.

You only live once...

Steve,

Your list looks great. I don't know that you need 2 hats but there is no harm.

I personally liked the bandana that Hasson and Wong gave me in addition that the hat. Much less restrictive in my opinion. Something to consider.

I know your surgery is coming up...when is the date again?

Bill

Steve,

You need a camera to send immediate post op photos to us. Some of his staff are pretty hot so the full journey might want to be documented. We could do with out the mug shots of Bspot though. icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Dammitt NN! Not funny!!!! icon_razz.gif

ANYWAY Steve, make sure you bring some button-up shirts for the first week or so--- I know

T-shirts are comfy--- but you want to avoid having to pull them over your newly transplanted little fella's!!!!

Talk to you soon!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Emu,

I second baldeagles idea of bringing someone. I brought my x girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) and she took care of me and was really awesome. I know were men, but it is kind of an emotional experience so it really did help. I'm not saying you'll cry like a baby, but its an insecurity that we all are overcoming, having someone you care about with you help... Ok ok I will stop with the emotional preaching... icon_cool.gif

You only live once...

10) chocolate for the techs

11) flowers for the techs

12) diamonds for....you get the idea icon_smile.gif

We have plenty of bandanas for you, but your loose fitting ball caps are great too. Your list looks more than complete. The button shirts are important though.

Originally posted by Janna:

10) chocolate for the techs

11) flowers for the techs

12) diamonds for....you get the idea icon_smile.gif

Janna,

Your post cracked me up! So if I go to SMG I see I really need to let my gentlemanly skills shine through, eh? icon_wink.gif

Now, I'm not laughing at the suggestion, mind you, and will write it down in case I get another HT...............I'll label it HT'tech-etiquette, K? icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

6 or 7 pillows would be a bit excessive, plus how are you going to carry all the chocolates and flowers? An extra pillow is sufficent. All you need to do is keep your head allevated above the level of your heart while sleeping. You won't need to sleep sitting up.

Anyway, about me adding a few things to the list. I'm having a little fun with an extremely sweet guy who is very nervous about his upcoming procedure.

Hairbank and Bill,

Don't worry about flowers, etc.. I have other things for your list.icon_wink.gif You both are veterans to this, right? I think I'd have to make the list tougher.

Janna,

Hairbank and Bill,

Don't worry about flowers, etc.. I have other things for your list. You both are veterans to this, right? I think I'd have to make the list tougher.

Hit me with your best shot icon_wink.gif. I'm sure you could make the list ultra-tough. I'm still going to come visit you sometime. You wait and see icon_biggrin.gif.

Bill

promises, promises!!

I'll believe it when you're actually here, Bill.

You should have come up with Pat last month. He get up this way quite a bit in the HairForce One. I won't hold my breath, but will look forward to meeting you sometime in the near future.

Ha ha Janna. =) I was thinking 6 or 7 pillows for when I get home... hope no one had mental images of me lugging those things onto the plane.

"What do you mean I can't check 7 pillows for this flight?!?" =)

And I know you are joking about the chocolates. =) With as nice as you are, I'm sure you have guys showering you with chocolates, flowers, and diamonds already anyway! =)

By the way, thanks again for setting it up so I can come in Saturday morning. You've been nothing but great so far.

See you guys in a few weeks!

-Steve

Ha, ha, ha--Steve, that's exactly how I pictured you loaded down with pillows and bags full of witch hazel and your other must have items. But not at the airport...thanks for the visual, I had a nice laugh.

Yeah, I have flowers and chocolate coming out of my ears. Are you kidding me? I guess you didn't spend enough time here during your consult. In all seriousness, we have really nice patients who are so appreciative it's only fitting to give them your best.

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

Janna,

Hairbank and Bill,

Don't worry about flowers, etc.. I have other things for your list. You both are veterans to this, right? I think I'd have to make the list tougher.

Hit me with your best shot icon_wink.gif. I'm sure you could make the list ultra-tough. I'm still going to come visit you sometime. You wait and see icon_biggrin.gif.

Bill

Okay Bill............I'd say it's manditory that we road trip to SMG, pronto, eh? Oh, and since B-spot is quasi-affiliated with them now, and has stayed in a Holiday Inn 2 times, he can come, too! icon_biggrin.gif

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I would love to do a little road trip sometime in the near future. I'm not sure how soon it will be possible however!

I still have it in my mind to try to organize something for members of our community to meet if they are willing and able. This would include Janna of course icon_wink.gif.

I'm sure we'll all work something out eventually icon_smile.gif

Bill

I don't know Hairbank, I think someone is back peddling about coming up to see me. What do you think? Maybe he's really afraid of the ultra tough list. We'll see if he's all talk.

Now I gotta get back to thinking about your list...hmmm this could be fun.

Originally posted by Janna:

I don't know Hairbank, I think someone is back peddling about coming up to see me. What do you think? Maybe he's really afraid of the ultra tough list. We'll see if he's all talk.

Now I gotta get back to thinking about your list...hmmm this could be fun.

I have to agree, Janna!

Master Bill............what gives bro? Janna won't be that tough on us with this list thing.....will she? icon_confused.gif!! We can do it...........then again it could be getting kinda hairy (pun intended) icon_biggrin.gif!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog