Jagdish Pictures - first HT Feb 15 2006

jagdish

Jagdish -

Thanks for the video. Hang in there for atleast 3-4 more months before going in for 2nd procedure. I think 2000 grafts will be plenty. Front area that needs to be covered is about 65 cm2, and 30 grafts/cm2 will give you strong frontal 1/3 with very strong hairline.

KG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGLY MAN 4 LIFE, Thanks for your comments. I am surprised too. I never thought I can get this much of coverage. After applying dermmatch no one can tell that I was bald or I have a balding problem. It looks very natural. I just want to avoid dermmatch after my next session.

kg007, I am now at 6 months post op and I think for me the process went very fast. The healing, the donor area recovery and the growth. I have been doing scalp exercises to improve the laxity. I think I am the right candidate for a second session within 7 months time. It is not like I can not wait. But I don't think there will be any more improvement in coming months except little thickening of already grown transplanted hairs.

Ravi Vide

Originally posted by Eman:

again, like everyone said and I concur...i think the transplant has turned out really well all considered.

What doctor are you thinking/planning on going to for the second session?

After doing lot of research, my carefully taken decision is... I am going to Dr.Aravind for the surgery. Somewhere in next 4 months I will fix the date.

Ravi Vide

jagdish,

I have to agree. You have been on this forum for a long time and have gone through a lot with your first HT, why would you risk another bad HT? If its cost, a lot of doctors will give you a reduced price if you have to travel overseas. There is so much risk with a HT to not go with the best, i.e. best use of limited donor supply, size of donor scar, naturalness, yield, transection, shockloss, etc.

Remember you only have one head and a limited donor supply. IMHO if you cannot afford a good HT, you cannot afford to have a HT.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

There are 2 reasons.

1. I have not seen any bad transplantation from this Doctor yet.

2. The cost is affordable to me.

I have got a chance to meet one of his patients and his results are shockingly impressive. I don't see any reason why I should not go to him. If you talk about ethics and fake posts etc.. I don't care.

- Jagdish

Ravi Vide

If you're only going on seeing one patient in person, you can hardly say that you've not seen any bad transplantations from this doctor. You don't have a representative set of results to go by. So if you're basing your estimation on pictures, then how can you say that you "don't care" about faked results? That is a totally cavalier approach to getting surgery...

Cost, as you should have learned already on this board, should not be the deciding factor. I don't think you realize how pained other posters on this board can get seeing you post for months, get as much excellent advice as you have, and then watch you disregard all logic and just go ahead with another decision that's based not on all the time and concern others have shown for you but on some flimsy set of criteria that undermine what you're trying to achieve in the long-term. So in another 6 months to a year, it'll be, "Sorry, I am looking fatty, but is it OK now with Dermatch after HT#2, I need to marry in 4 days...." all over again.

Originally posted by nikkop23:

If you're only going on seeing one patient in person, you can hardly say that you've not seen any bad transplantations from this doctor. You don't have a representative set of results to go by. So if you're basing your estimation on pictures, then how can you say that you "don't care" about faked results? That is a totally cavalier approach to getting surgery...

Cost, as you should have learned already on this board, should not be the deciding factor. I don't think you realize how pained other posters on this board can get seeing you post for months, get as much excellent advice as you have, and then watch you disregard all logic and just go ahead with another decision that's based not on all the time and concern others have shown for you but on some flimsy set of criteria that undermine what you're trying to achieve in the long-term. So in another 6 months to a year, it'll be, "Sorry, I am looking fatty, but is it OK now with Dermatch after HT#2, I need to marry in 4 days...." all over again.

Thanks, Let us see what happens. I don't want to argue anymore because it will go to an infinite loop of messages and 10 pages of a thread and without any conclusion. So, let us break it here.

Ravi Vide

Originally posted by jagdish:

Thanks, Let us see what happens. I don't want to argue anymore because it will go to an infinite loop of messages and 10 pages of a thread and without any conclusion. So, let us break it here.

Hmmm. Dr. Arvind is a bit of a mystery. On this particular forum he is villified but on other forums a lot of people have a lot of praise for him. I would say you're in "good" hands with him, and you don't have that much to worry about. I do suggest you look at Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand, assuming you could reasonably travel there.

To everyone who is going to shake their head at this decision, I'm no expert on world affairs but I took a look at the exchange rate for Indian currency vs. US currency and it's easy to say "cost shouldn't be a factor" but let's face it, when you're at a 40 to 1 disadvantage on currency exchange, cost is definitely going to be a factor. There are a lot worse choices than Dr. A in spite of everything that's been said about him.

Jagdish,

Good luck with your next procedure. I wish you the best. We don't really receive much feedback about Dr. A and we have no pictures to go by ;-). Please keep us up to date on your experience.

BTW - I really liked your video. That was cool!

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Spoon, Gorpy, I thank you very much for your support.

My deepest apologies to all those who gave me good advises all this time and gave me great support when I was down after my first HT and I disappointed them with my decision. But this is not a decision taken in one day or not just by looking at one person's results. There is a big research behind this and there are lot of online and direct consultations with many doctors in India before taking this decision. I spent lot of money for these consultations.

Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand is one of the doctors I considered and consulted. I still think he is one of the best doctors in Asia, but finally I have chosen Dr.A. because of various reasons. I can prove my decision is correct only after an year. So, I request you to please wait for my updates which will start coming after 4 months from now.

- Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Alright Jagdish, it seems that you have made up your mind and have settled on the best transplant that your circumstances will allow for, we all here hope it turns out for the best. I have also run a search on google for "bad hair transplant Dr Arvind" and like you mentioned I could not find any results connecting Dr Arvind to a bad HT. Which is I guess your number one objective to avoid.

Although for the best possible outcome I would suggest that you mention to Dr A that you are a regular poster on a very highly trafficked and highly regarded forum with exposure to many people anxiously awaithing your results. A good result will spread a lot of good will which will be beneficial to his practice. It may just get him to spend a little more time and concentration on you icon_smile.gif.

Either way, good luck for the future.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• 1 month later...

I must say Jagdish, the results so far look a lot better than the cornrow beginnings that your post op pictures implied. I don't know if its the photography, or what, but even if what you got wasn't state of the art, it seems to have provided some good improvement.

It strikes me that you look good enough that you can wait some months and decide if you want to find another doctor and augment what you've begun.

You may well have fallen into the privvy and come out with a new suit.

Good Luck,

mark h

Yes, his photo look is appreciably better than I imagined. However, what does Jagdish look like in person? I would have to imagine that some of these larger grafts are noticeable, PLUS he probable retained some existing hair that is helping disguise the larger grafts.

I am glad that your hair looks as good as it does, Jagdish, but PLEASE don't make the same mistake twice!!!!

Come to the US for #2, and save yourself the headache!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 3 weeks later...

8 Months Update :

I got all thin spots filled in. Hair is growing curly. But I hope it will become straight soon. Finasteride completely stopped my hairloss. Overall the result is very much satisfactory.

Those having good bandwidth can download my recent video here.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Yes. We have Indian Idol.

Basically this is how Indian film songs are made. Looks funny ofcourse. But I got good feedback from Indian viewers.icon_smile.gif

Next time I will make a video keeping in mind american viewers.

Ravi Vide