Jagdish Pictures - first HT Feb 15 2006

jagdish

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bill:

When was this done? This looks pretty old school to me, and the punch holes look huge compared to the latest surgery techniques.

Feb 15, 2006!! icon_eek.gif By Dr. Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad, India. I thought they stopped doing M&M HT's decades ago - looks like "Dr." Ashok Reddy is a bit behind the times...

I have been thinking of shooting the doctor everyday when I see myself in the mirror with those huge holes. I do not understand why he had to create those huge holes. Even for M&M technique he does not require to make those huge incisions like punch grafts. I am lucky enough that he did use only micro and mini grafts not the punch grafts.

You know.. Like Bosley in US, Dr. Ashok is in Hyderabad(India). He is all over on TV, News Papers and wall posters. Per day 2 persons are becoming his victims. I can not see this. icon_frown.gif

Ravi Vide

Sorry that you had to find out the hard way icon_frown.gif

Didn't you research his results before you went for the surgery?? Can you afford to get repair work done (with a real HT surgeon)? I think your hair is going to be very sparse and dolls head-looking once that grows icon_frown.gif

Jagdish - this is not a good situation but all is not lost.

1. It seems as though they did not mess up your donor area. In one pic you said it healed well - this is important for future surgeries.

2. At least your hairline wasn't placed too low, or at least it seems that way to me. If it's placed too low then you either have to remove grafts and recycle them (expensive, time consuming, overall waste and generally undesirable because it can also leave scarring where the grafts are removed), or you fill in around them and this wastes a lot of new grafts.

3. You do seem to have native hair left (one pic it looks like your native hair is buzzed down). The native hair will help disguise these minigrafts.

Here is my advice. In a previous post I think you said your wedding is coming up. Get on finasteride 1mg per day and hang onto that native hair as best you can. Also start to get good at applying concealers (toppik, dermatch, prothik, whatever). I have never used them but lots of guys on here can help you with that. You will hopefully salvage a normal look for your wedding with a combination of concealers and hairspray. Practice with those things as soon as possible because it requires skill to apply them. The concealers will hopefully work well for you because you have native hair and these new transplants. Finally save up your money for a good transplant later on. Dr. Wong is probably the finest repair surgeon there is. There are other excellent choices also, all of whom will give you a state of the art transplant. Good luck.

Jagdish,

Don't despair. Spoon has some good advice for you. Start with finasteride if you haven't already, blend your HT hair in with what native hair you can and use a concealer for the rest.

You may want some repair work in the future for added density in the front and maybe to even things out all over the top but you won't know until you see the final results.

Best thing to do is wait and see how it turns out. Who knows..............you're coverage may be a lot better than you think.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hello Jag, this is a terrible injustice to you, all is not lost just try to move forward and get this thing fixed, many patients have faced your situation and have been able to get repaired and have a normal look again, do a google search on "hairsite" go to the forums there and look for Dr. "A" i think its Dr Arvind, he is in India, he is suppose to do repair and things, i dont know a great deal about this Dr. but do some research starting in your own backyard, my suggestion would be Hasson & Wong but maybe you could talk to Dr A, good luck, hope you find your answers

Hi All, Thanks for your support.

Spoon, you figured out exactly what I am required and what I am concerned about. I am really worried about my wedding and already ordered dermimatch and toppik 3 weeks ago. May be I will receive them in next week. It takes almost 4 weeks for ordinary delivery to India.

The good things about my HT are that, surprisingly they did good work at donor area. I never felt any pain or any feeling like I had a cut there. Also the hairline was not placed too low. I posted a new pic with the hairline which was taken 12 days post op. I am sorry for the unclear picture. It was taken in shadow.

I have native hair still growing in the mid of scalp. I hope it grows enough to cover those ugly holes and the mini grafts. I am taking finasteride 1mg daily and applying minoxidile every night 1 hour before going to bed.

Also, will I get doll head look? The grafts placed at hairline have 1 to 2 hairs only. The grafts behind the hairline have 2 to 4 hairs. My friends found some 5 hairs grafts and very few 6 hair grafts in the middle. There was one graft with 8 hairs icon_frown.gif

It is really exciting to wait for a good result and it is really irritating to wait for a bad result.

Ravi Vide

jagdish,

When is your wedding? While the work you got was not state of the art, you might be able to conceal it pretty good when your hair grows out. As mentioned earlier, if you use concealers I'm sure you'll be looking fine on the big day. Then you can worry about a repair procedure later.

Originally posted by ts808:

jagdish,

When is your wedding? While the work you got was not state of the art, you might be able to conceal it pretty good when your hair grows out. As mentioned earlier, if you use concealers I'm sure you'll be looking fine on the big day. Then you can worry about a repair procedure later.

Thanks ts808, My wedding will be in September. I think I have enough time to practice with the concealers.

Ravi Vide

• 1 month later...

Friends, Now I reached 3 Months Mark. HT hairs have started sprouting. Not much improvement. But finasteride is working well. There are many hairs sprouted all over my head including hairline and they have grown very little length. These are not HT hairs. I am not sure whether these hairs grow more or not, but they are covering the see through look for now. My native hair started growing as well. Luckily the mixture of native and finasteride hairs are hiding many of those huge holes. But you can still see those holes in close-up view.

What do you guys think about my progress?

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Looks like very good progress, especially at 3 months. The photo's look great, a lot better than I would have thought from the earlier pics....at this rate, you should have an afro at 6 months!

I think the finax is working well for you Jagdish. If you grow it a little longer you will look OK for your wedding. It looks better than I would have thought .

What about minoxidil? Are you using it?

It will strengthen the finax and natural hairs.

Give it until the end of the year and see how it goes.

Might not be as bad as first thought.

Originally posted by sarge:

The photo's look great, a lot better than I would have thought from the earlier pics....

I agree. Jagdish, thanks for sharing your progress and photos. I'm always meaning to post my photos! I will, hopefully soon!

Hi All, Thanks for your comments. I am happy with my progress and your feedback.

Brainf, yes finax is working well for me with no side effects. I stopped using minoxidile. I was getting too many pimples and dandruf with minoxidile. Earlier also I had the same problem with it. I got pimples on forehead which are disappeared after discontinueing it.

Ravi Vide

I am also surprised at how good your hair looks! At 3 months, it can only be mostly your native hair that has regrown. Perhaps it's with it being shorter than in your pre-op pics that it looks better. It looks like you have enough native hair to cover the plugs for now so you should look pretty good once the transplanted hair comes through. I think you are going to be OK for your wedding.

PB

Jag-

Congrats on your progress. Judging from your early results at 3 months, I think your HT is going to turn out better than you originally thought. Your hair being dark, and the type that clings closely to the scalp, seems to help provide the appearance of good coverage. Just think, you're only now really starting to experience growth. Keep posting the updates and good luck to you.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 5 weeks later...

How's it going Jagdish? Any updates?

At 3 months I was surprised at how good you looked. The fiasteride seemed to be working well for you.

How's the wedding plans?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I updated pics of 5 Months and 18 days post operation. Actually today I completed 6 months. I took this video few days ago. These pics are extracted from the video. You can download my video update here.

www.reviewthemovie.com/videos/Hair.wmv

As expected, I did not get much density. I can see all the transplanted hairs grown fully. I don't think I can expect any more growth in coming months.

Finasteride is working great. It stopped my hairloss completely.

I am planning for second round of HT may be in coming 2 or 3 months. How many grafts do you think that I will require to get a decent coverage?

- Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Originally posted by jagdish:

Hi All,

I updated pics of 5 Months and 18 days post operation. Actually today I completed 6 months. I took this video few days ago. These pics are extracted from the video. You can download my video update here.

www.reviewthemovie.com/videos/Hair.wmv

As expected, I did not get much density. I can see all the transplanted hairs grown fully. I don't think I can expect any more growth in coming months.

Finasteride is working great. It stopped my hairloss completely.

I am planning for second round of HT may be in coming 2 or 3 months. How many grafts do you think that I will require to get a decent coverage?

- Jagdish

Great video! I'm surprised at how good you look given the post-op photos. You are very lucky to have excellent donour hair. I'd say another 2000-2500 to get rid of the thinning when dry. Maybe 3000 depending on how it looks in the sun.

If you can, I'd go to a doctor overseas somewhere.