Early Growth?

uncjim

I'm 5 1/2weeks post op and, I don't think that this is my imagination, appear to be getting some new growth. In certain areas, like along the hairline, it can actually be seen with the naked eye! Has anyone had a similar experence or am I hallucinating?

[This message was edited by uncjim on December 27, 2002 at 07:21 AM.]

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I'm 5 1/2weeks post op and, I don't think that this is my imagination, appear to be getting some new growth. In certain areas, like along the hairline, it can actually be seen with the naked eye! Has anyone had a similar experence or am I hallucinating?

[This message was edited by uncjim on December 27, 2002 at 07:21 AM.]

Jim,

Yeah, I had new growth just like you at six weeks post-op. It was very noticeable here in my eight week photos...

http://www.jotowen.com/Pagefivea7.html

It will be slow going for the next couple of weeks but after that then get ready to be a Chia pet cause it's going to explode on your head. Get ready for fun with ingrown hairs:)

Peace,

Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I just thought I'd share this. Here I am, ten months post op and I just got ANOTHER ingrown hair on the top of my head just before my crown. The same type that I got several months ago when my hair was finally coming in. How's THAT for a delayed reaction?!?

Peace,

Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Uncjim --

With all due respect to you and my fellow posters, I wouldn't rule out the hallucination angle. Can you describe for us your college experiences.

Seriously though, what's the deal with ingrown hairs. Is this a common occurence and, if so, how bad is it and how is it best dealt with?

Hi All,

I've also had ingrown hairs. I've been using the BACTROBAN ointment that was given to me by

Dr.Wong for the donor area. I was told that the little inflammations occur because dirt and bacteria can find their way into the graft incisions. It works like a charm. After a day or two, the areas are back to normal.

Jim

Mark,

Yeah, college life in the 60s could be a little taxing !

I'm week 7 now, and about 3 days ago I noticed the same thing happening on my head, too. Nothing major, for sure, but definately the beginnings of some growth - even along the hairline on the right side (but not the left side yet)!

ChiaPet-in-Waiting,

Harry

uncjim:

Thanks for the info on Bactroban.

I'm seeing my dermatologist on Monday to get my stitches removed (finally!). I'll ask if he will prescribe me some Bactroban for those ingrown hairs in my future.

On another note, I'm glad to hear that you got regrowth so quickly. That is very encouraging news indeed!

Things been going well for me. No bleeding. Tightness in suture line is gone now. Ready to remove the stitches, be sure. Scabs still coming off with a little coaxing. Healing going well so far. Take care.

vocor1