The HT: The Ultimate Secret??

With a hairline that is receding slowly, and no real "thinning" as far as I can see, hairline or in the back, it is possible to have an HT in the sly?? In my own case, I have shaggier hair all around, and I have always worn in it covering most of my forehead (with the part just about in the middle). If I wanted to very slightly lower my hairline in the front, and then cover in the temple areas, could I potentially have a HT wihtout anyone knowing (besides those I tell)?? I am just one of those guys who would rather keep this all to myself, and the secrecy of it all would be quite important to me, as vain as that may be!! All thoughs/experiences are appreciated.

With a hairline that is receding slowly, and no real "thinning" as far as I can see, hairline or in the back, it is possible to have an HT in the sly?? In my own case, I have shaggier hair all around, and I have always worn in it covering most of my forehead (with the part just about in the middle). If I wanted to very slightly lower my hairline in the front, and then cover in the temple areas, could I potentially have a HT wihtout anyone knowing (besides those I tell)?? I am just one of those guys who would rather keep this all to myself, and the secrecy of it all would be quite important to me, as vain as that may be!! All thoughs/experiences are appreciated.

pardon my ADD (you may have mentioned this in your blog), but when exactly was this 2nd HT? And do you have any pics of a "couple days" after this second one? Thanks man.

That stitch job in the back looked brutal!? No pain there? I mean brutal in a pain way, not that the doc did a bad job of course

DD,

Check my photo album

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=155247

The last 4 pics show me less than 48 hrs later. You can see that I only need to let my hair fall on my forehead to hide the HT completely. You won't find pics of people hiding the HT here because we always want to show the quality of the HT work which means revealing the recipient areas for the pictures.

My second HT was just over 2 weeks ago, I had no pain in the closure of the donor site, never even needed to take one Tylenol.

Read my Hair blog for all the details, my HT was completely invisible from day one, no one knows I had one to this day ... icon_cool.gif

Delawaredude,

Just a few comments:

Though a quality doc COULD pull off an HT that would be virtually undetectable, consider your age and family history of hairloss. If you are still very young, there is a chance you'll lose a lot more hair and then have a very unnatural looking young hairline with empty spots behind it. I encourage you not to take an HT lightly (not saying you are, just a general precaution)...if you get an HT now, and lose more hair, in order for your hair to stay natural looking, you will need continual follow up HTs. If you lose a LOT of hair, eventually you will run out of donor hair trying to keep up with coverage and density. Consider how you look now...would you simply just prefer a lower hairline or are you REALLY unhappy with the way you look?

There is always an awkard stage in any hair transplant. You could probably get away with covering it with your hair, like you said, if you comb it forward, that should cover the grafts. Though I think it would be more difficult to cover the temple areas, so there is a chance that people will suspect something has been done.

Bill

Bill makes some good points about age and an appropriate hairline so I won't duplicate. As for pics of what you're thinking about doing, see these from a poster by the name of Hairworthy. Look at the most recent HT toward the bottom and see what you think.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 month later...

Hairbank,

Thanks for that link. I think I would be pretty much in the same situation as Hairworthy's most recent HT.

I think I am going to move forward with Rahal in July. Everyone on here has been so helpful that I'll be sure to post pics and stay in the loop so I can hopefully be helpful to someone else.

Hi

I had 2 ( just had my third) and keep it undetecable .. Use cover up and wait about a week to 10 days before returning to work

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

HK500,

Are you happy with Dr. Siporin's work so far? Are the transplanted hairs coming in nicely at this stage? How much did Dr. Siporin charge for your procedure? Also, did he personally perform it or some other doctor in the office?

Thanks!

Frontalretreat,

I am quite happy with Dr. Siporin's work, he definitely used ultra refined techniques. At my stage it is still way too early to see results yet but everything is as it should be and the donor area closure is quite impressive. His prices are the same as most doctors, he likes to give you a package price rather than charge per FU count, you definitely would not waste your time consulting with him.

I took off a week of work. Because of Dr. Cooley's skill, there was nothing after a week for anyone to notice, no scabbing, no redness and almost all of the new graft hairs had fallen out. also no shaving of the recipient area. No one noticed, no "wandering eyes" while having conversations, etc... No one suspected ht once my new hairs grew in, just compliments on my new haircut.

I had the same concerns Delaware.

I had a procedure done by Dr. Epstein (Miami) March 12. I went ahead and took off two weeks just cause I felt I might need to. In truth, it wasn't necessary but the extra few days made me feel good as I experimented with Toppik and Dermatch for cover. This had nothing to do with redness as the redness was gone in 8 days (actually about 6-7) days. And this included temple areas. For me , the only obvious difference were the new little hairs that were transplanted. I have blond hair up top (which had a darker base in back), and thus the new hairs from the back stood out a bit more than my frontal native blonder hair. So, I experimented. Putting a little lite colored Dermatch (or even a little makeup powder) on the base of the hairs made a HUGE difference. I then put a little darker Dermatch on top to shade in with the blonde (to give it a blended look) and used some of that self tanning stuff on my face and neck. Let me tell you what - Invisible! I was in front of a large group of people today (including high level execs who will notice EVERYTHING) and, other than some compliments on my tan and glasses (which I've actually had for a few months) nobody could tell a thing. As was mentioned, having a small session (2,100) and going to a doctor like Dr. Epstein (who is known for minimal redness soon after the procedure) and I was very satisfied. I'll try to post a pic of me in the next few days with my current look and I hope that helps.

So the answer at least for me was yes, you can hide the results with the right doc and the right approach, at least after one week.