Before/After Picture

Hello everyone, I thought I'd post this on a new thread so you get an idea where I was comparing 9/2004 before any surgery to where I am now on 3/4/2006. 1 year and a half later and I have more hair. I apologize in advance for the difference in lighting, but this is the best before picture I have that shows my full front face...whereas, I had to work with a different camera in my house for the second pic. Either way, I think it's pretty clear that something is different about me. I've had some people ask me, did your hair get lighter? At least they notice "something" is different.

What do you think?

Bill

compare.jpg

Hello everyone, I thought I'd post this on a new thread so you get an idea where I was comparing 9/2004 before any surgery to where I am now on 3/4/2006. 1 year and a half later and I have more hair. I apologize in advance for the difference in lighting, but this is the best before picture I have that shows my full front face...whereas, I had to work with a different camera in my house for the second pic. Either way, I think it's pretty clear that something is different about me. I've had some people ask me, did your hair get lighter? At least they notice "something" is different.

What do you think?

Bill

Bill,

I think it looks great! The difference of the pics is night and day- I'd be very pleased if I were you. Also, I think your hairline looks natural and you cannot tell you've had any loss at all.

Congrats to you!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey guys...thanks for the compliments. I look the best from the front for sure...looking at those pics, it looks like I haven't had any loss and i'm not thinning...but top pictures show otherwise...I have one more surgery to go...hopefully before I'm ready to stop I think. I just cut the top of my hair down to a 7 clip, and to some degree, Im' sorry I did...because when I compare now my 7 month pics to my 5.5 month pics, I look about the same. I think, however, that most of the hair on top at this point is grafted hair...which is kind of crazy if you think about it...I think growing my hair out a little bit is the best look for me for now.

Bill

Guest bro66

Thanks for sharing your pics, your loss was very similar to mine, I hope my results are as nice as yours. I am 3 months past my HT, 1500 graphs.

Thanks guys...I appreciate the feedback. I'm definately excited...I have more hair than I have since 2002, maybe even 2001. I still plan on getting one more done, since the front looks pretty good, I want to focus more on the top and back to get a more dense look. Thanks for all your support.

• Administrators

Bill,

I agree with the previous commments. Your hairline looks excellent.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Bill,

I have to chime in with my own thoughts.

Wow. You are truly styling now, my man. I've followed your progress literally from the beginning of your journey and I am stoked at how far you have come.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Bill,

I think it looks really natural and very good. I would highly recommend you take a few years off to see what it looks like after a few hair cycles. I believe you will see an increase in the caliper of the hair and your density will significantly improve.

best wishes.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

As I have told you before Bill, I think your hairline looks dang good. Congrats. I know it has been a long road for you. I think Hairhope has a good point. After a few cycles, it will get even better.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Wow...thanks guys. I appreciate all the feedback and support I've gotten from you all. I hope I can be as much of a support to all of you as you have been to all of me.

I am happy with the hairline for sure, and have been feeling more confident to go around without a hat. The responses I've gotten from people if anything has been, did you lighten your hair? Which obviously...I did not...but I just kind of smile and say...nah, I just got it cut icon_wink.gif.

I agree...I plan on taking some time off, maybe another year...I figured more time off can't hurt anything than jumping into something. I'll wait for a few reasons...obviously, to see what my hair looks like after a few cycles as you've all suggested, AND, to build up the funds for my hopefully the last surgery. I don't plan on getting anymore hairline work done...though I admit, I'll get some grafts toward the front to dense up behind the hairline and further back to the crown.

Thanks again all of your for your support.

Bill

• 3 months later...

I just noticed there were a few new posts on this...so I thought I'd reply.

Thanks L'Anonyme....I was impressed with Dr. Trues work. Have you gotten your HT yet? If so, how far along are you? I am excited (yet a little anxious as normal...though I'm not a veteran at this point) about meeting Dr. Hasson and getting a third surgery done. I'm actually more anxious about flights than I am about the surgery icon_wink.gif. Either way...I know Dr. Hasson's work has been astounding, so I feel comfortable in that.

Busy, Thanks for the encouragement.

Bill

Bill, yes I had it on May 25, 2006. Everything went exceptionally well and I'm hoping the results turn out as beautifully. You can find my pictures if you search "Dr. True/1150 grafts" or just search my posts. I'm only about 2 months out; my hairloss wasn't as extensive as yours and I just had frontal hairline work done. I'm on Propecia for everything else....

Hi Bill

Funny, I think I am very similar to your hairloss as well. As u know I'm 61/2 months into my 2nd and the front looks good ( A great hairline compliments of Dr. True ). At 2900 or so grafts I think I'll need another HT to fill in the balance of the crown and frontal area to complete the restoration.. I think my magic number is about 4500 -5000 for a complete head of hair..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!