bauman HTs

k10

I am updating this thread to reflect my current thoughts. I spoke to Dr. Bauman today and he offered to do another FUE Neograft procedure for free to fill in the scars. He assured me that 900-1200 grafts could easily be obtained from my donor area. I am hesitant to do another procedure with him at this time since I do not know the results of my 4th HT. I will continue to document my growth with the last procedure.

What I do know is the last 3 HTs I have had with Dr. Bauman. I will document the facts as I know them. Also Dr. Bauman gave me a more accurate account of grafts taken so I want to pass that along in fairness to him. I wanted to pass along photos he took of me throughout the years, I emailed him on 1-19-2010 about my photos and my concerns and he didn't respond so I posted the pics I have. After speaking with him today 2-3-2010 he apologized and said he was out of town but he would get me the pics I requested.

Here are the facts as I know them. The 1st procedure was on 11-1-2005, I had 1800 grafts according to Dr. Bauman, and he said that I had from 500-800 grafts put in my crown. The cost was $10,300 according to my invoice. The first procedure he did not use a tricophidic closure.

My 2nd HT I received 2000 grafts according to Dr. Bauman on 05-8-2007. The cost $9,900 according to my invoice. I did 2 hyperbaric chambers costing a total $400.

My 3rd HT I received 1600 grafts according to Dr. Bauman on 12-15-2008. The cost was $8700 according to my invoice. I did 4 hyperbaric chambers which cost $900, I purchased an X5 Hair Laser for $299, and one shampoo $16, one conditioner $16, 60 tablets of Viviscal $75 and 84 tablets of Appearex Biotin $32. The total for that invoice was $10,112 according to my invoice.

My 4th HT I received 1500 grafts for $20,000 and 751 single grafts for $7,510 on 11-18-2009 according to my invoice, I did 4 hyperbaric chambers and the total cost of my invoice was $28,530.62. As stated previously I do not know the full results of my 4th HT because I am 11 weeks into it. In total I have had 4 Hair Transplant surgeries by Dr. Alan Bauman, according to the graft numbers he gave me today I have had 7651 grafts and have spent $58,842.62.

I have attached all my pics from the 1st HT to the 4th HT. The pics are not great; I don't really have too many pics after the 3rd procedure. I will just show you what I have and you can form your own opinions. I thank you for your time and support.

2__wks.JPG.24d3949c358101e10b6aace84e38c50c.JPG

A friend of mine had a similar experience with him except from fue

He had fue where a he uses some sort of drill/vacuum device to extract the grafts.

I believe its called neograft.

He has horrible growth at 11 or so .

He said the doctor said some guys just dont grow.

Sounds like a shady guy to me.

Your going to probably have to go the fue route for the higher scars.

Good luck and Im sorry this has happened

Yea, I am trying to stay positive, I don't exactly know what are my best options at this point. looking for advice here. just to give you an idea what i looked like before all this. here is me before my 1st procedure.

before_1.JPG.1334c91b48916a8f8bb171a4c65cba80.JPG

Originally posted by k10:

I am really upset with myself for letting him do this to me. here is me now. someone show me where 7500 grafts went.

Ouch! I am really sorry you went through this. I would have guessed 2500-3000 grafts from H&W would finish you off.

On the bright side, it does not look like your loss is that extensive, and your hair quality appears good. It may be that H&W could extract another 2500 grafts and finish your front. If you keep the back at 1.5" or longer, that should probably hide the scars. Once everything grows out, keep your fingers crossed that the loss stabilizes, and chalk it up to an expensive learning experience.

I dont think your situation is hopeless.

Wow, I have never seen three strip scars stacked that way, and so high up. I would want to punch Bauman in the face for doing this to me (not suggesting you do so!). My main concern with another strip procedure would be scar stretching. I would definitely contact Dr. Feller and H&W, and weigh all your options before moving on. Best of luck.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by Slaps:

OMG!!! This has to be malpractice, You must be able to sue here, surely?

Nah. These guys are locked up pretty tight. I doubt you can expect a judge or jury to find in your favor, it's still caveat emptor.

You would definitely need testimonial from a HT doctor. It's very tough to get one to appear in court though so it will likely have to be written or perhaps you could do a video testimonial of yourself getting an exam and the doc explaining what Bauman did wrong.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com