Domies Log - 1 YEAR update!

domie

hello all, as you may have noticed i've started updating every couple months now. the reason being, i thought the process was kinda slowing down a bit but after comparing the 6 and 8 month milestones, wow what a difference!? (where have i been!?) life has put far too much on the table for me of late to be overly concerned with the progress of my HT... and i tell ya, its a great feeling to have that once nagging aspect of my life (hairloss) behind me.

its amazing what some length can do for the overall look of the do. i've always enjoyed a little longer, stylized messiness to my do and it seems to be working just fine. hey, im stoked! icon_smile.gif

all, thanks for you compliments.

troy, thanks as always. how has this process affected me? jeez... to put as simply as i can, my confidence has shot thru the roof in social situations. and i give all credit to the styling cream... i dont know what they put in that stuff, but WOW! icon_wink.gif (i kid)

eman, your gonna be so siked pal. having this done was one of the best things ive ever done for myself. its changed my life for the better and i have ZERO regret.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Domie!!

Welcome back and great to see your update. I thought you may have forgot about us back here, but you actually just forgot about your hair because you have so much of it now!!

Thanks for the update and like that stupid Sprint commercial where the guy spins the wheel of adjectives....your hair looks "PHENOMENAL"

Congrats again

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 4 weeks later...

talk about fun... im in the market for a hair dryer. A HAIR DRYER! who would have thought purchasing styling cream, shampoo/conditioner, brushes, etc would be SO darn fun and exciting!

w00t! my friends... w00t!!

ps. ill post a 10 month update the end of january.

domie-

Hey.......that really looks great, my friend. I can tell you this, you got one of the best HT's based on 3500 grafts and the area you covered that I've ever seen. Looks like your density is pretty good as well. You've gotta be thrilled. Thanks for posting the pics!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Wow your hair looks great!

I noticed you dye your hair, do you think it makes a big difference to reduce the contrast between you hair and scalp? Also your praise your stylist does it really make that big of a difference? The reason I'm asking is because I'm 7 months post-op and my wife has been bugging me to go and see a good stylist and to perhaps have my hair lightened up.

I have pasty white skin and very dark brown hair so lightening things up a little would in my mind only enhance the illusion of density. Thanks.

With all the results posted on this site yours ranks right up there with some of the best. I'm happy for you that it has changed your life. Keep us posted.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Ditto what NN said.

Occasionally you run across a progression of pre & post HT photos and say "WOW".

This is one of those...very impressive domie. I also really enjoyed reading your running commentary, which was both informative and entertaining.

Best Wishes!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

hello again everyone, its been 10 months (wow, already!?) so time to update you all. as you can see (from the latest pics) im letting the new hair grow out a bit, just to see what happens. ;-) so yes, its looking kinda "scruffy" in this phase.

these pics were taken just after a shower, no product. basically, letting the new hair "lie where it falls" on a lazy sunday afternoon cooped up at home.

everyone, thanks for your comments. i hope my endeavor will help lead you all to making the right decision(s) for yourself!

tumbleweed, from my experience less contrast between hair and skin can help reduce the appearance of thinning. as for a good hairstylist, it makes a difference in that your getting a more creative/stylish cut. it has nothing to do with having a hair transplant... just getting a better, more unique haircut. but i will say this, a very good hair stylist has great abilities to work with what you have, accentutate the positives and make the most of it. give it a go, theres nothing to lose and it would make your wife happy!

next photo-sesh at the 1 year mark! take care all! :-)

Hey Domie--- I am very happy for you my friend!!!!!

I know that your feeling great and your overall change is dramatic to say the least.

Anyway, I think all would agree that it could not have happened for a better guy.

Thanks for keeping us updated!!!!!!!!

Viva la HAIR!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Awesome!!

Looks like a different person ( a much younger one)

Good luck and congrats

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...

Domie,

My long lost friend. Well it has officially been one year...did you celebrate the anniversary of the day your hair life changed? From your ten month update, which I was amazed, to now, how are things going?

Do you have some updated pictures and a little summary about how you feel overall in regards to the HT and any other thoughts on the year gone by now having hair.

Like I have told you before I really appreciate you keeping us updated and I look forward to at least one more set of pictures and dialogue from you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

EMAN

My initial HT thread:

Guest youngguy24

Does anyone know Domie's age? I can't seem to locate it in any of the post. I'm curious because we have very similiar hair loss pattern.

Awesome. Truly awesome. 10 years off of his appearance just like that

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

For the number of grafts transplanted this is one of the nicest HT's I've seen. You've got to be thrilled, Domie! I especially like the temple work..........came in great and adds so much. Thanks for the update.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 4 weeks later...

hello again friends! 1000 apologies for my tardiness on the... 1 year anniversary! i still cant believe that much time has passed. as you all can see, theres only reason to be VERY happy with the results. i think the current haircut is a great representation of how wonderful everything has turned out and gives any skepticism a real challenge to defy the results.

thank you all for your kind words and support, you have all been awesome!

Hey Domie,

Your results after one year confirm the incredible results you have from your surgery with Dr. Wong.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for allowing us to follow your progress over the course of a full year. I really appreciate it as I am sure others do as well.

You have allowed us (especially me) to follow you for a full year and ask tons of questions and you have been gracious enough to answer them. Thank you again.

Take care and enjoy your hair (I am sooooo jealous)!!

EMAN

My initial HT thread:

Domie, really nice results! It does help those of us who are still skeptical. We really appreciate you sharing your results.

One step closer!