NY Doctors Who Do Best Hairlines?

NickD

Good day everyone,

I've posted a couple of times before. I'm a 38 yo Caucasian male, living in the Boston area, with temple-area hair loss and receding hairline. I've been on Propecia since this past March and it's arrested my hair loss. I've even noticed slight regrowth of some fine-looking hairs in the temporal area and my "widow's peak" is filling in a bit. I find that I can camouflage this pretty effectively with hairstyle. However, I'm looking to fill in that hairline.

With so many good, recommended h/t doctors "close by" in New York City or close to it (dr's like Feller, True/Dorin, Bernstein and Jeffrey Epstein), I think that when I'm ready I'll be consulting with a few or even all of the above. I've heard great things about other h/t dr's in other parts of the country, plus Hasson/Wong in Vancouver, but since so many people speak so highly of these NY doctors, I think I'll stick there and do my consulting amongst them.

What I'd like to know specifically is, does anyone on this forum have an opinion, or experience, in which of the above-mentioned NY doctors does the best hairline work? Of course if you know of a dr. that's not among those five (four if you count True/Dorin as one), please let me know. I'm not losing hair anywhere else, even on my crown, my focus will be my hairline and filling in that temporal area.

As always, thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

Nick

Spex, thanks for taking the time to post those links, and photos of Dr. Feller's hairlines. To my eye, looking at them on here, it seems like Dr. Feller's work lives up to its (excellent) reputation.

It's interesting to see the photo of the gent who had the older "plug" style grafts, and how Dr. Feller fixed that. Wow, hair transplantation has come a long way! From a "doll's head" look, to a hairline that looks like no work had been done---which after all, is my goal and any h/t patient's goal. No one wants to walk into a room and have people go, "nice hair transplant there"!

Again, thank you.

Dear Nick-

I take offense at the aggressive selling techniques utilized on this site by Spex, who is a paid consultant of Dr. Feller's, and therefore I assume may be done with his approval. It is my belief that the purpose of this website is not to "sell" specific doctors when there is a financial incentive for the poster.

I will be notifying Bill re: this problem, and I do hope that it does not become more endemic than it seems to have.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS

Miami and NYC

www.foundhair.com

Dr. Epstein,

I fully agree with you on the topic of being overly aggressive with the promoting of one doctor. The problem I see however is how one might define promotion or marketing? By you being on this site posting with a direct link to your website might also be construed as advertising or self-promotion and some might look at it as aggressive given that some docs don't post.

I by no means am trying to be a smartass by my comments or show any disrespect, but you would have to understand my contention. Typically Spex has been more unbiased in his posts and has been one of the best at educating and informing potential HT clients.

I believe that it is going to be very challenging for Pat or Bill to totally limit any promotion of offices but agree with you that it should be kept in check.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Keeping a well balanced forum sometimes can be very difficult.

Whereas Spex is perfectly within his rights to post on our forum, I agree that his post on this thread creates an unbalance and bias toward a particular hair restoration physician.

One thing we have to remember is that this is a patient driven community dominated mostly by hair transplant patients and fellow hair loss sufferers seeking hair restoration treatments.

Therefore I think it is best that the "which doctor" questions be answered by hair loss sufferers and patients rather than hair restoration physicians and consultants.

My suggestion to hair restoration physicians and consultants is to spend your time on our hair restoration discussion forum posting photo albums to display your clinic's work in a more general way and answering general questions by sharing your expertise.

I hope this helps,

Bill

Nick,

To get things back on track in regards to your original question, the choices that you mentioned are good one. I personally have liked the work of Dr. Feller, Dr. Epstein and Dr. True. I haven' t really seen a lot of work displayed by Dr. Dorin or Dr. Bernstein.

If you are willing to travel, you could do no wrong with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa Canada or H&W in Vancouver.

Hope this helps.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Spex,

Don't take this personally.

In all honesty, Dr. Epstein makes a valid point.

You are welcome to post photo albums to display Dr. Feller's work and answer questions generally speaking on our discussion forum however replying to a post like this simply knocks objectivity out of the ball park.

It would be different if this was strictly a "Dr. Feller" thread.

I would compare this to a automotive forum where a newbie has narrowed down his choices to a few high quality automobiles and is looking for objective information on which is better. What value is there for the potential consumer if this question is answered by car dealerships?

I value your contributions on our hair restoration discussion forum, but please adhere to my above suggestions in the future.

Thank you,

Bill

Bill.

As i have had transplants with both Dr E and DrF i feel i am in a good position to post on this trend. I see no problem with Spex posting these pictures as he did, ok he works for Dr Feller but he has never pushed this Doc on anyone, he simply gives great advice and help to everyone who needs it. Pictures speak volumes when concidering choosing a Doc.

If Spex posted pictures of poor quality work from Dr Feller ( if such a thing exists ) then the work would be talked to death here and he would be thanked by all and their mother for the post, the fact that he provided excelent photos of great HT's should also be a cause for thanking Spex.

I along with hundreds of others owe the man more then a few drinks for his unbiased help.

If these pictures break the rules or are unfair in any way then why not remove them?

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

irish,

I appreciate your opinion but I disagree.

I do not believe Spex is attempting to give biased advice - but you have to understand that balance needs to be maintained.

"Which doctor" type threads better answered by hair restoration patients like yourself.

This is not personal and I would have addressed this no matter which hair restoration clinic responded.

My decision is final.

It is now time to move on.

Let's get back to helping Nick.

Bill

Bill,

I also agree that doctors and reps should stay off "which doctor..." threads. If specific information is asked for that's one thing; if general information is asked for, that's also one thing; but if a COMPARISON question is asked then the parties (and their agents) being compared should remain silent. Clearly there is bias, and while it may be useful, it just get's in the way of truly unbiased material.

Dr. Feller

P.S. Dr. Epstein, I sent a private email to the address on your website. I don't know how to initiate a private email on this site.

NickD,

I am sure you have checked out the patient web blogs as well as each MDs website's photo gallery. After looking at many hairlines, you can usually gain an overall appreciation and understanding of their style. There definitely are differences in hairlines amongst HT surgeons. Sometimes it is quite apparent; for example compare Armani & Bernstein. Both have different styles. Does that determine "who does the best hairlines"? Absolutely not.

You are the final arbiter of which style fits your individual needs. In my opinion, a good surgeon will have the versatility in meeting your needs. From what I have observed, Dr.s Feller, Epstein and True all perform consistently quality surgery. The hairlines all look great.

Your style may differ as may numerous members of this forum.

Why not visit NY and consult with them and go with what works for you?

Good luck.

KulMD; with a balanced opinion icon_biggrin.gif

Dr. Feller,

Thank you for understanding!

To send a private message to someone on this forum, you can use the "New PM" option above, click "New" and then "Private Message", or as a third option, click on a members name that has recently posted and click "Invite (Member) to a private topic".

I hope this helps.

Bill

Coalition Doctor and Forum for Coalition Doctor results.

I do not feel Spex stepped over the line.

HOWEVER, I can certainly understand Dr. Epstein being a bit perturbed with what could be an unfair tactic.

But where do we draw the line?

This site is a vehicle for both the PATIENT and DOCTOR--- and it provides a GREAT service to both.

I am sure the other members here who happen to be employed can attest to this: We operate outside the normal business hours of an office, to be sure.

Speaking from a patient standpoint-- it took HOURS of researching individual results. Certainly one post of 5-6 hairlines is not going to sway a logical posters decision!

Anyway, I agree with Dr. Feller in the end.... I think it is best to stay away from doctor comparision threads, unless information is incorrect or a technical question needs to be answered. I will do my best to adhere.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks to all who have posted with their views and guidance, particularly to these two very fine doctors, Dr. Feller and Dr. Epstein. I'm not yet ready to decide on a hair transplant, but should I decide that it's for me I'll definitely be consulting with you both, as you both have such great reputations!

Thank you again, Nick

>> NY Doctors Who Do Best Hairlines?

I think Dr Epstein made a good point, so there is no need to be harsh on him. By Spex posting it, it is the same as Dr Fellers saying: "I do! Look at these 5-6 best-of hairlines."

Sure other doctors can hire someone to post too, but what would the forum be like if for every thread each doctor had some of their best 10 pictures posted?

John,

Anyone who asks a question in the way Nick did can only expect a biased answer, no matter who it comes from. Are there really any truly "objective" people on the internet to whom we can all honestly defer? Really, who can honestly say one hairline is better than another? The question is way too subjective. In the end the ONLY truly unbiased person who can answer Nicks question is Nick himself.

In order for him to answer that question he needs information. This site excels in giving the very information he sought. To me it is clear that he was asking to see the hairline results from the doctors he listed in the question, that included me. In offering that information Spex posted a few of my hairlines making sure that there was a wide variation from patient to patient. This has been the traditional response to such questions over the years and does not represent any departure from the norm as far as I can tell.

Had Spex actually claimed that my hairlines in particular were "the best", then I would have had him delete the post myself. But he didn't. He merely posted a few of my hairlines fully expecting the other mentioned doctors to do so as well. Had they, then it would have been easier for Nick to form his OWN opinion.

Remember, just because Spex posted photos of my patient's results doesn't necessarily mean Nick liked them. Posting photos can be a double edged sword, but consistent and frequent posting shows the patient community that a particular doctor's work is regularly top-notch and consistent.

Personally, I don't think it matters whether Nick goes to me, or Epstein, or Cooley, or Alexander, or whomever. His hairline is going to be fine no matter who he picks in the group. Did you all see Steve Gable's latest posting? His patient has one of the best results I've seen posted all week. Hairline included.

We are not competing against each other on this site. Instead we are competing together against the large chains and all the inexperienced doctors who regularly perform sub-par work- but get away with it because the public just doesn't know better. The more we ALL post our work on sites like HTN, the better we all make out-the patients most of all.

Dr. Feller,

We are not competing against each other on this site. Instead we are competing together against the large chains and all the inexperienced doctors who regularly perform sub-par work- but get away with it because the public just doesn't know better. The more we ALL post our work on sites like HTN, the better we all make out-the patients most of all.

Well said and I agree.

To everyone...

People have shared their opinions and I have made my decision on this matter as I've stated above.

It seems that Nick has received the information he needs from this thread at this point and I think this thread has run its course. Therefore I am locking this thread.

Nick, you are welcome to continue asking any question you would like by starting a new thread.

Best wishes,

Bill