Dr. Paul Rose

tam

It is my understanding from the advertisements I havee seen in San Francisco, that Dr. Paul Rose has now joined up with Dr. Peter Panagotacos in San Francisco. From the pictures I have seen it looks like the same Dr. Rose who worked at Shapiro Medical Group. Does anyone know if this is the case. Thanks

It is my understanding from the advertisements I havee seen in San Francisco, that Dr. Paul Rose has now joined up with Dr. Peter Panagotacos in San Francisco. From the pictures I have seen it looks like the same Dr. Rose who worked at Shapiro Medical Group. Does anyone know if this is the case. Thanks

Well, I saw your post and called Dr. Rose's clinic in Tampa to get the dirt. He's at lunch so I was not able to get the scoop. Where's Hairlosscure when you need him?

Ha,ha...well, I wouldn't exactly call it getting dirty. I spoke with Dr. Rose today and he did say he's planning on doing some work with Dr. Panagotacos. How much he'll be working in SF is up in the air at this point. It was nice "catching up" with Dr. Rose.

Guest wanthairs

byehair....

your ecorrect. I wanted to get a procedure done with Dr. Rose but went to Epstien instead because of the lack of pics on his wiebsite....

So this guy is a recommended Doc on this site without and photo documentation of his work?

These doc's make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and they can't even build a decent website with some photo documentation?

Pretty scary if a doc can't even show a few results.

Byehair, I totally agree with you about some doctors' websites lacking more detailed before and after pictures/video. Wanthairs said plainly that he went to another doctor because Dr. Rose's website didn't display more B&A photos. It's definitely key to have a great website when you're a great doctor.

You can check out patient blogs and photos here in Dr. Rose's Coalition profile:

http://hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/doctors.asp?DrID=19

Additionally, you will find photos here on the website:

http://thehairlosscure.com/hair-loss-restoration-procedures.php

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

While Dr. Rose's B&As look pretty good, what concerns me are the graft counts. It looks like anything over 2k takes the doc multiple sessions to get. even one of his sessions under 2k took 2 surgeries. i still think there are very few docs doing megasessions, and that's why i contend there are only a handful of top docs worth going to. perhaps the hairlosscure can correct me if i'm wrong about dr. rose's ability to perform megasessions.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Guest wanthairs

hey hairloss....

yes..please fill u sin on all the info....I live 30 minutes away from your office and drove 7 hours away instead because of lack of results or large enough sessions....please prove me wrong....i need a few more procedures....

Sorry but I am not too impressed by what was presented.

And why does Dr. Rose make it so difficult to find any photos on his site.

Shouldn't there be a link that say's

Patient Photos/Results?

Just like about every other Hair Transplant site has.

Hairthere ??“ On megasessions, it depends on your definition, I suppose. Dr. Rose did a repair case last week and harvested 3,200 grafts in one day. I suspect that, had there been no prior donor scarring, a few hundred more grafts would have been harvested. It should be noted that the patient had better than average donor density. Anyway, it sounds similar to your case, judging by your signature.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hairthere and wanthairs ??“ You are correct that many of the photos online of Dr. Rose's work show 2,000-2,400 graft cases. These are, in fact, pretty typical sessions. But remember, this has nothing to do with a technical inability to cut more grafts (not by any means!). The crew does 3,000 graft cases given the right laxity, density, and hair loss pattern.

Dr. Rose, as you may know, developed the ledge closure technique. The goals is to get a pencil line scar with hair growing through it. By closing the donor area without tension, you increase the chances of a very faint scar. In some cases, if the strip is too wide, the scar can be less than perfect. Dr. Rose likes to maintain a balance between the donor and recipient area. That is, he always tries to remove enough tissue for the balding zone while at the same time creating a very manageable wound in the donor zone. If patient wishes to be more aggressive in a single session, there are certainly benefits and risks. Dr. Rose is very candid during consultations, either way.

Byehair ??“ Yes, I think it could be more intuitive. I'll see if we can change that.