supplement?

MULTIVITAMIN & MULTI MINERAL. Go to a vitamin shop or find a trustworthy brand. Anything geared towrds hair loss is BS. Also you might want to try a good protein supplement. I am going to try that myself, it can't hurt!

Shiny Side Up!!

tkerr22,

Many veterans have utilized the supplement MSM to help speed hair restoration surgery growth. I have found that it makes my hair and nails grow a little faster and my nails seem healthier. As far as any further benefits being stated, I can't back up those claims. What I said earlier are the only benefits I have recieved. It's very cheap though, so I stay on it. I take 3,000 mg per day.

I also utilized minoxidil on the recipient site. This is also felt to be beneficial.

As far as other vitamins, I imagine that biotin MAY be of help, but not too much. A good multi-vitamin is always recommended.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Robert and others...

What is MSM, what are the claims, benefits and where do I get it, any side effects?

Also, of course we know, for some, minoxidil has benefits to hair threatened by nature. However, my Doc believed minoxidil didn't add any benefit to the recipient hair. And if it does (big if,) one would have had to be using it in the site both pre and post op, and that actual benefits if any, would be cancelled-out/equalled by natural growth anyway. In otherwords, in a years time ones hair will be the same length.

This I felt was good news because I hate minoxidil! It's messy, leaves my hair oily, flat, unmanageable and dull. I have used it in the past with no results- but being coureous, I did try it again for two days post op in the recipient area plus the recommended areas with the same results; plus my scalp, ears, neck and face itched like crazy.

Any thoughts to why? Is it too soon at just one month post op? Does anyone believe, from experience, that the benefits out way the inconveinances that I suffer from by using it.

-comments and advice, of any, appreciated. ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

zerro,

Minoxidil isn't imperative. It is believed that it can help to create a more optimal growth environment and spur earlier growth but it certainly is not necessary.

If you are getting by without minoxidil and you have the adverse reactions that you described in your post all the time, then the inconvenience to you does not seem to be negated by any benefits you would recieve. It isn't for everyone; it can be a harsh substance. You will probably be better off without it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I would suggest instead of going for multivitamin pills, it would be better to substitute with that particular food. Like for e.g. if you are lacking in iron so might as well eat a diet rich in spinach and green vegetables rather that eat vitamin capsules and make your body use to them.

Sashi

Hi guys

there is no documented vitamin that speeds hair growth.. People mention MSM but my doctor was doubtful..

Eat right, and exercise and be healthy and your hair will reflect this as far as growth

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

A balanced diet is very important for generally maintaining a good hair.

A diet is supposed to be bad for hair.

So if in your diet you include a balance of all the vitamins, I see no reason for you to take supplements. Well, I'm of the opinion to use as much natural products and foods as possible for any kind of problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dreamcatcher:

quote "A balanced diet is very important for generally maintaining a good hair."

It's really important because when i beginning to take "vitamins for hair loss", Several buttons appeared on my face cause of excess of vitamins.

icon_razz.gif Buttons on your face? I've had buttons on my underwear, but never on my face. Did you try turning them to see if lights went off or the garage door went up and down. Man that would be convenient!