H&W WTF

I'm sure based on the title of my post I'm going to stir a pot or two. And honestly, I'm hesitant to post this, because I believe H&W to be among the best in the world, but in my short time in this forum, I'm relying on YOU GUYS, because you can relate like no one else can.

I scheduled a consult for today to see what my options were. Mind you, I'm ready to drop 20 to 25k in cash if I qualify for what I think I need (5-7k grafts). I've been waiting all week to see if I'm a candidate, picked the dr.s I believe to be the best for my situation, took a day off of work, traveled for the consult, and got cancelled on upon arrival. No consult. No warning.

I got told by the receptionist (after sitting for 20 minutes) that my consult would have to be rescheduled. An emergency, that wasn't explained to me, caused the delay in my consult. This is after I took the day off of work, paid for parking and a ferry (two hours roundtrip wasted), all for nought, and found out 10 minutes after my scheduled consult that I wasn't going to be seen. Also told that an alternative would be to send in pictures. Uhm... I was ready to pay the 100$ consult fee so I can ask questions directly. That's why I scheduled the consult and didn't send in pictures in the first place.

Anyways... now I'm sitting on the ferry going back home with nothing accomplished. I'd understand if there was a true emergency that happened which caused this... but NOTHING has been explained to me as to what it is, now 3 1/2 hours later. Like I said, I'm ready to drop serious cash, and never in my life in business have I been ready to drop this much money for a product and been blown off this hard with no warning. I feel hurt and want an explanation.

To make it all worse, I've been growing my hair out WAY longer than I normally would to get properly evaluated, and with functions coming up this week, I don't know if I should buzz my head as I normally would or keep the horseshoe in hopes of a reschedule this week. Frustrating!

rant off.

I'm sure based on the title of my post I'm going to stir a pot or two. And honestly, I'm hesitant to post this, because I believe H&W to be among the best in the world, but in my short time in this forum, I'm relying on YOU GUYS, because you can relate like no one else can.

I scheduled a consult for today to see what my options were. Mind you, I'm ready to drop 20 to 25k in cash if I qualify for what I think I need (5-7k grafts). I've been waiting all week to see if I'm a candidate, picked the dr.s I believe to be the best for my situation, took a day off of work, traveled for the consult, and got cancelled on upon arrival. No consult. No warning.

I got told by the receptionist (after sitting for 20 minutes) that my consult would have to be rescheduled. An emergency, that wasn't explained to me, caused the delay in my consult. This is after I took the day off of work, paid for parking and a ferry (two hours roundtrip wasted), all for nought, and found out 10 minutes after my scheduled consult that I wasn't going to be seen. Also told that an alternative would be to send in pictures. Uhm... I was ready to pay the 100$ consult fee so I can ask questions directly. That's why I scheduled the consult and didn't send in pictures in the first place.

Anyways... now I'm sitting on the ferry going back home with nothing accomplished. I'd understand if there was a true emergency that happened which caused this... but NOTHING has been explained to me as to what it is, now 3 1/2 hours later. Like I said, I'm ready to drop serious cash, and never in my life in business have I been ready to drop this much money for a product and been blown off this hard with no warning. I feel hurt and want an explanation.

To make it all worse, I've been growing my hair out WAY longer than I normally would to get properly evaluated, and with functions coming up this week, I don't know if I should buzz my head as I normally would or keep the horseshoe in hopes of a reschedule this week. Frustrating!

rant off.

They have two doctors there. Was the other guy there.

They will take care of you Im sure of it .

Just talked to Joe about it .

I heard the emergency was because Jotronics latest surgery was a failure .

He accidently walked into the womans bathroon ,saw Farrel peeing sitting down , and smacked the shiznit out of him. icon_wink.gif

as you know h&w are excellent surgeons. i'd give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to get an explanation. i'm sure they'l compensate you for your troubles should you have surgery with them.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hasson and Wong have been written about on the internet for around 8 years now, this is the first time I have heard of a consultation being cancelled because of any reason. Hasson and Wong have many patients and experience written on the internet plus the many patients that I have met. Emergencies happen I hope that it is nothing serious but somethings in life you have no control over. I am sorry for you Treehugger it is always not a good feeling when that happens. The consultation was done in Seattle and not at the Vancouver location. I am sure you will get an explanation soon. I was raised on the island so I know taking the ferry is not fun at all.

Florida Engineer; You comments show a lack of knowledge. I think that you need to research this website more before you make this crazy comments. Imagine if there was a more serious problems later on??? Hasson and Wongs reputation speaks for themselve your comments don't.

Please grow please; LOL!!! Personally after speaking to Joe I like the blind Joe better. Now that he can see himself in the mirror and likes what he sees his confidence is bordering on arrogance. icon_biggrin.gif

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

UPDATE.

Both Joe and Mike have called me, and it's been resolved. The reason for my cancellation is completely understandable, just wish I would have been notified beforehand. Life sometimes does not work like that.

I still don't know if I'm even a good candidate for what I want, but if I am, I still feel like I'm in excellent hands. Wish me luck on Wednesday... that's my reschedule.

Thanks for being my sounding board

Tree Hugger,

I can certainly understand your frustration. However, sometimes emergencies or other unfortunate incidents happen that though they can highly inconvenience us, are uncontrollable and can be even more catastrophic than our inconveniences.

I've emailed Joe to notify him of this thread and I trust he'll offer a reply.

In the meantime, communicate your concerns with the clinic and I trust they'll do whatever they can to take care of you.

Best wishes,

Bill

As I said to Tree Hugger earlier this evening we are deeply sorry for the obvious inconvenience that we caused. The good thing is that he understands that sometimes life happens and situations can arise that can cause disruptions to our plans.

Both sides are moving forward and leaving this incident behind us. Good luck with your consultation in Seattle on Wednesday Tree Hugger and I hope to see you in Vancouver soon.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Emergencies happen . I'm sure they will take care of you. They are top notch.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!