Travel Question??

I'm preparing to head to H&W tomorrow for HT #3 with Dr. Wong this Thursday. I travel occasionally but am far from an expert. Are there any issues traveling with a Laptop? I mean like security issues - will it slow me down? I'd like to take mine because I know I'll have an internet link at my Hotel and would like to post pics after.

Also - will it hurt a laptop to go through an airport scanner? I absolutely can't lose the hard-drive!!!

Any thoughts on this? I'm a little tight on time at the airport and don't want to miss the flight :-)

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I'm preparing to head to H&W tomorrow for HT #3 with Dr. Wong this Thursday. I travel occasionally but am far from an expert. Are there any issues traveling with a Laptop? I mean like security issues - will it slow me down? I'd like to take mine because I know I'll have an internet link at my Hotel and would like to post pics after.

Also - will it hurt a laptop to go through an airport scanner? I absolutely can't lose the hard-drive!!!

Any thoughts on this? I'm a little tight on time at the airport and don't want to miss the flight :-)

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I travel quite a bit and always take a laptop.

No real issues concerning traveling with laptops. You will be asked to remove it from its case as you run it through the scanner. No worries about damage from the scanner. I've done it dozens of times and never any damage.

Some times, you might be asked to turn on the computer but going into Canada I doubt this will happen.

I've traveled for the last 6 or 7 years with my laptop, No problems and no delays, just make sure you can remove it quickly from it's case at the security desk.

All the best Bank, hope you get all you want, you deserve it.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

I can confirm the excellent advice the two posters above have given, as I routinely travel with my trusty Toshiba.....

However, I sure as heck wasn't in the mood to surf the net that night. For me, I should have taken a cd player and some Zepplin or something as I was feelin pretty doped up.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thanks guys!

I'll probably end up taking it but am not sure. It seems of all the HT's I've had this one is last minute and has snuck up on me. If I make it to the airport tomorrow remembering button-up shirts for the surgery I'll be lucky!

A couple of caveats for this trip..........I think I'm hooking up w/ Jotronic for dinner when I arrive (if we have time), AND LaGrange has graciously moved up his staple removal by one day so we can chat that day.

I ended up clipping down to 1/2" on the sides and 3/4" on top for work today and had a couple comments about the summer haircut! Hope they like it because I'll be sporting an even shorter version when I return in 15 days icon_wink.gif! Planted the seed for short hair anyway.

I'm getting more psyched by the minute!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog