Recipient raising

Has anyone else noticed the recipient area becomes slightly raised after an HT? It isn't too noticeable visually ( but sort of ) unless you know it is there but if you run your fingers lightly over the area you can really feel it is raised where the hairs were implanted. Does anyone know what and why this is?

Has anyone else noticed the recipient area becomes slightly raised after an HT? It isn't too noticeable visually ( but sort of ) unless you know it is there but if you run your fingers lightly over the area you can really feel it is raised where the hairs were implanted. Does anyone know what and why this is?

Rambler

I'm now at 2 weeks post op, and i found that i had what you describe week one, but mine has now gone down.

I put this down to the ammount of fluid injected into the scalp during the op, and the fact that this how now dissipated.

Clive.

Ramber,

Do you have any photos you can post? I see that you haven't updated your blog in awhile.

Recipient area "bumps" can be an indication of cobblestoning, but given that your surgeon is Dr. Hasson, I can't see this being the case.

Have you contacted Dr. Hasson about this?

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

No, it's not cobblestoning or bumps. The skin is just fine, it's the entire area under the area grafted. It's raised. I can't get a camera to show it at the moment but along the hairline and especially the temporal areas if I run my fingers across the area where the transplants were placed, this area is raised up a bit. If I press harder on it, it feels sort of hard as if it were the bone that swelled or something.

It's probably the entire recipient area but one can only compare the raised portion to an area that has had no transplants so therefore only apparent at the hairline. The temporal areas, transplanted in a vertical patch, can easily be felt because there is area in front and behind them that have no transplants so it's like a mound that runs vertically there.

I'll try with the camera later to see if I can get a shot of it.

• 6 months later...

I'm two weeks post op (mid Dec 08 had transplant) and my entire recipient area is also raised. I underwent FUT 1150 grafts with Dr. Garbutt in San Diego. Being two weeks post op I'm trying not to freak out, but I'm Af-Am with short hair and its very noticable in any lighted area. Raised area isn't painful though it is still slightly numb and there are small white pigmentless spots. You really can't feel the raised area because the elevation is slight though in lighting there is a distinct line created by the elevation induced by the recipient site transplants.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Does it subside on its own or should I be looking for fixes? Please advise. Thanks.

• 2 months later...