Anyone ever hear of this company?

Man have we talked about Alvi over the years!! Just run a search on "Alvi" or "Armani" and you will find plenty of topics. I recently started a discussion on Alvi here.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by Kansas:

I noticed they even have their own forum for discussions.

Yeah right. Have a look at the number of members and topics. This is just another marketing tool.

I am one of those that I would love to have my temples closed. Most of the time that I see pictures of a hair transplant, I notice that they pay little or no attention to this area. Is there anyone on this forum that has been to his clinic and visited with them or better yet, gone through a procedure and can give us actual results?

While I have read on these boards about several different doctors, I have narrowed my search to two clinics that have a good reputation. Shapiro and Wong & Hasson. Does anyone know if they do good temple work? While I would love to undergo a procedure now, I have to first pay off my first HT gone bad with Medical Hair Restoration. I wish I would have known about this forum earlier, but what can I do now. Thanks for everyone's advice and helpful information!

I searched on this site, but didn't find that much information about his work. All I could find was info about his temple procedure...nothing really bad about the quality of his work or ethics. Can anyone chime in?? icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Kansas:

I am one of those that I would love to have my temples closed. Most of the time that I see pictures of a hair transplant, I notice that they pay little or no attention to this area. Is there anyone on this forum that has been to his clinic and visited with them or better yet, gone through a procedure and can give us actual results?

While I have read on these boards about several different doctors, I have narrowed my search to two clinics that have a good reputation. Shapiro and Wong & Hasson. Does anyone know if they do good temple work? While I would love to undergo a procedure now, I have to first pay off my first HT gone bad with Medical Hair Restoration. I wish I would have known about this forum earlier, but what can I do now. Thanks for everyone's advice and helpful information!

How's this for temple areas?

DSC00330.jpg

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

While I would love to undergo a procedure now, I have to first pay off my first HT gone bad with Medical Hair Restoration.

From what I understand, Armani charges significantly more for a repair job where as most other top docs just charge you for the additional amount of grafts you're getting. I don't know the accuracy of this, but I have heard that Armani charges as much as 50% more if you are a repair patient.

Really? Have you used his services? Please tell me more. See the reason I ask is that out of all the web sites I have seen, his result are the most dense and look to be what I am looking for. I am highly skeptical, so I want to hear what ex-clients have to say about their experiences and results. Thanks!

No. I have not had a procedure with him, but from what I hear from lot of other patients is that all the pictures on his website are real. He is very aggresive at putting grafts, and he can give you upto 100 grafts/cm2 in just one session. Like I said if you're someone older with very limited hairloss, then he might be an excellent choice. But nowdays even Dr H & W can do 70-80 grafts/cm2 if you desire. check out the other forums to find out more about Alvi. Also have consultation with other docs to see if they can give you what you desire.

Originally posted by kg007:

Also have consultation with other docs to see if they can give you what you desire.

Yes, you do that. And if they can't, ask yourself why. That is the difference between Alvi and the others: Alvi will give you what you want, the Coalition docs (and any doc with a bit of ethics) will give you what they think is best in your case, taking into account your personal history, future hairloss and so on.

Thanks for the info guys! Now I hope to hear from someone that got work done from their office. I love the results, but thanks to MHR, I won't consider an office until I talk to past customers. Seems his results are better than normal. I wonder why no one on these forums have used him. Does that in itself speak volume or has no one been to his office just by chance? Anyone had at least a consultation with this company?

Thanks again guys!

Kansas,

Good to see you're doing your research. One thing that I ask that you keep in consideration when searching for a physician to conduct temple work on you, is your donor area availability. Some clinics such as Alvi Armani are heavily scrutinized for packing lots of grafts in a single area and not conserving donor hair for the possibility of future loss. To me, the jury is still out on that aggressive hairline packing. I guess I'll have my answer when 5, 10, 15 year or more vets of Armani are posting about how they feel about their thick hairline when they are in their 40's and older.

Check out my new photos of hair line work performed by Dr. Cooley here.

While it may not be as aggressive as what you want, it's certainly not too conservative either. I have had extensive hairloss in my early 20's so I HAD to be careful about hair line placement and conservation. Dr. Cooley was able to give me a hair line that looks great without depleting all of my donor area to do it.

Good luck in your decision. Remember, I am not trying to sway you one way or another. All I am asking is that you research, read, and make sure your decision is made objectively and not emotionally. This can be extremely difficult to do, but you will thank yourself for it in the end.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I am not jumping on the Alvi Armani band wagon but from those pics on his website his results are outstanding. Most of his patients look really young, mostly in their twenties and although he has closed their temples and added alot of density to the hairline , I think the majority of patients that are that young will eventually see hair loss in the crown area and if that is the case they possibly could run into a problem down the road.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

Kansas,

One needs to consider the FACT that adult men, save for a rare few, simply do not have aggressive temple closure. Aggressive temple closure is only found, for the most part, in juvenile males and females of all ages. Mature adult male hairlines are those that are about a NW2. The Norwood scale starts with 2 as being the basis from which one starts to gauge hairloss. It denotes mature adult temporal recession which is normal and does not necessarily indicate hairloss. This is where one hopes to get with hair restoration without looking like a kid. If you are one that has any thinning whatsoever behind the hairline then aggressively closed temple angles will not look appropriate.

It is one thing to be able to dense pack. I see it everyday but it is another in knowing good judgment in the placement. This is not to say that NO patient should have aggressive temple angle closure but as candidates they are few and far inbetween.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Kansas, to take this a little further, why would anyone even want 100cm/2 as a result of surgery? Anyone who has done homework knows that anything truly upwards of 60 to 75 could be considered a waste! Some of these claims are ridiculous in nature and are nothing more than marketing techniques. Joe will have to answer this, but I think H&W does 70 to 80, but only in carefully selected zones that provides density in the proper places. Alvi Armani is noted for doing some top work, but also is just as well known for closing the temples of young men, without any ability to forecast future hairloss. Calling Mrs. Cleo doesn't help either. I have read his material and pored over his website as well. I really have no issue with him as a surgeon, other than his approach to placing "too youthful" hairlines on young men who 15 years down the road are going to be completely screwed due to lack of donor hair. I say this not to cast dispersion, but in response to the reality that everytime the Armani clinic comes up, we revisit this same topic. Of course, as a someone just starting to look, you are doing the right thing by looking around and asking questions.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I am not looking to get quite that perfect of a hairline, though I would like a more youthful appearance, so closing the temples is exactly what I would like. I am 26, but feel older, not because my face or body looks it, but because my head does. I guess my observation on all the other websites I have visited do not touch the temples much. I am just in my research stage. I just want to hear about the quality of the work. Anyone know of anyone who has visited the clinic or better yet, had work done?

Hey guys, what are the qualifications needed to be named on the IAHRS list? I noticed this particular Dr. is on this list. I really appreciate all of your input and support. This is the best way one can make up his/her decision. I am so glad I stumbled upon this web site! icon_smile.gif

• Administrators

Kansas,

As BSpot, Jotronic, Robert, Beefy and Hairworthy have pointed out very thoughtfully and wisely - many top surgeons have the capability to dense pack grafts. But they choose not to pander to young and impulsive 20 year old patients who are focused on the hairline they had at age 17 rather than planning for the hairline that would be smart at age 20, 30, 40, 50 and beyond.

Yes, some will claim to provide the density of a werewolf during a full moon and perhaps even the same full coverage - including the temples, neck and palms.

But technical ability should be guided by ethics. And an ethical physician in my opinion doesn't dense pack temples on twenty year olds so that when they are forty years old and now bald behind their inch and a half dense packed hairline they don't dare let anyone see them from the sides.

No doubt a surgeon who is willing to dense pack temples on young patients who have been told to wait by dozens of ethical and capable surgeons will probally do a booming business. But their not going to be recommended on this community.

What a shame that we can't flash forward into the future in twenty years to see how thankful these young patients are with the benefit of hindsight.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

..adult men, save for a rare few, simply do not have aggressive temple closure...

In my opinion, those adult men that do have aggressive temple closure usually look really good! As long as someone is an older adult (maybe 30's and up) and the hair loss is under control, I can't blame them for wanting temple closure. I know some older guys with hairlines like this and they're always the ones having the women tell them what gorgeous hair they have.

---------------------------------------

..mature adult temporal recession..

Personally, I get tired of hearing about doctors telling patients that they need a "mature" hairline. I agree that the doctor should inform the patient. However, as I stated earlier, if the hair loss is under control, give the patient what they want. If the patient has done the necessary research and decides that this is what is wanted, don't deny him/her. If they have a certain look in mind and don't get it, they're going to be unhappy.

All this is just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by kamin:

As long as someone is an older adult (maybe 30's and up) and the hair loss is under control, I can't blame them for wanting temple closure.

1. How can you tell that your hair loss is "under control"? If you have a miracle way of knowing, please share it with us!!!

2. The problem with Alvi is that he tends to close your temples and give you a low hairline REGARDLESS of your age. And we're not talking "30s and up" but lower 20s. As long as that's what you want, that's what he'll get you.

Personally, I get tired of hearing about doctors telling patients that they need a "mature" hairline.

Nobody forces you to listen to anybody. You want to hear something you like? Go to the hairmills. And live to regret it.

if the hair loss is under control, give the patient what they want.

Same question as above.

No doctor with a bit of ethics will give their patient "what they want", unless they agree it is for the best. When you become a doctor, you should have your patient's BEST INTEREST constantly in mind. Surgery's not some shopping mall where the "customer's always right".

If they have a certain look in mind and don't get it, they're going to be unhappy.

If they have an UNREALISTIC look in mind, they are indeed going to be unhappy. But that also means they haven't done their research properly.