Harley Street Hair Clinic

Can anyone please help. I have a consultation with the above this Friday in London and I havent seen any posts criticising or praising any work they do.. It says on their front page they have been asked to do a channel 4 programme on hair loss, so i'm thinking they must be half decent.

Does anyone know anything bout this company at all? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

I've never heard of them either, which is somewhat suspect in and of itself, especially considering you couldn't find objective information on them either. Looking at their website, it seems they center on FUE, and are promoting a lot of hype about it (scar-free...."Follicular Transfer" tecnique....; with FUE in general, you need to be extremely cautious as so much deceit surrounds it.

Are you intent on doing FUE (as opposed to FUT) in England? I don't believe they do FUE, but Farjo's are considered by many to be the best HT clinic in the UK. I would look in that direction, and also consult w/ some Canadian or U.S. clinics, especially with such a favorable exchange rate and the good deals that can be had.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

This clinic is FUE only. the quality of the work looks decent, however they don't show any fully grown patients in their gallery. i'd say consult with them as well as a bunch of other TOP docs i.e. feller, rahal, h&w, etc....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thank you for your help, I might just cancel the consultation. I have changed my mind so many times on what people say about different surgeons.. As I am based in the UK My choice went to Farjo but then i heard not so many good things about him and now I've heard Dr Rogers is the man... However I have not heard any bad things about DR Feller or Hasson & Wong.. Dr Feller would be alot closer New York for me but how Good is he?? I want someone to do it right..

Do a consult with the docs you have mentioned, and ask as many questions as you can think of -- then compare and contrast their respective thoughts, and see which fits the best for you.

You could also post some pics on the forum afterwards and can get various viewpoints on graft estimates and the like. But, first and foremost, I would start doing the consults -- Feller and H&W are very experienced at online consults, so don't worry about only being able to do a good (live) consult w/ the local clinic(s).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Greatguy - you should also do a quick search on this forum for Feller, H&W, etc. and see their photos pre/post-op. I think you'll be impressed and from everything I've seen and anyone I've heard feedback from, their satisfaction rating appears to be about 99.9%!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

great guy,i advise you not to listen to hearsay on dr farjo and rogers,as spex said do your own research on ACTUAL patient results not second hand info from other posters.

i will say farjo and rogers are the only results ive seen posted on the various forums so imo the only two worth considering in the uk.unfortunatly dr rogers isnt a recommended dr on this sites coalition,take a look at pat the publishers visits to both these clinics in the "visits" section.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

GreatGuy - why not attempt to meet up with Spex so that you can see patients of Dr. Feller?

More info here:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=256...581099473#5581099473

Balody brings up a good point to do your own careful research. The only caution I would say is to be careful when you speak to some patients. There's almost nothing more dangerous than an uninformed patient. As an example, shortly before finding this site, I thought that any hair transplant that didn't leave you with a 'dolls head' of plugs and actually grew was successful, so I was happy with my results and still recommended Bosley. (Thankfully I didn't tell anyone I had work done and therefore never actually did guide anyone to Bosley). Shortly after visiting this site and seeing the quality of work being done, I quickly found out that Bosley was horribly outdated. A quality hair transplant is 'literally' unnoticeable.

Good luck!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

i will say farjo and rogers are the only results ive seen posted on the various forums so imo the only two worth considering in the uk.unfortunatly dr rogers isnt a recommended dr on this sites coalition,take a look at pat the publishers visits to both these clinics in the "visits" section.

Balody,

Just so you are aware, At the time of Pat's visit with Dr. Rogers, he was not using microscopes to dissect follicular unit grafts. This is why we could not recommend him. By his words, he has started to adopt the use of microscopes into his practice, so I hope to talk to him in the near future to learn how microscopes has helped evolve his practice. The Farjo clinic however, had adopted all the latest technologies, including the microscope and was found to be performing state of the art ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation and was found to be worthy of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

See:

Pat's Visitation and Review of Dr. Rogers

Pat's Visitation and Review of Dr. Farjo

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 years later...

I was recently speaking with a friend who has done a procedure at Harley Street hair clinic and he was very unpleased with the results - he asked for a specific hairline and it was not delivered. The medical team offered to correct it if he would be willing to pay again to perform the surgery, which he has declined.

I will look into the names mentioned in this forum for FUE (Rahal, Bijan...)

Well, I know for a fact that the doctor and sales person at Harley St Clinic worked for DHI Medical Group in the past which is not a good thing. I had a consultation with Laykur Rahman and Nadeem Udin at DHI Medical Group and met the doctor - a Slovakian woman, then they all left and started up on their own. So as DHI have poor doctors, no doubt this clinic's not up to par. They don't even publish their doctor's name which is strange and worrying. Not a great way to start.

Apparently they have another Slovakian doctor working for them who is registered in the UK just for a year or so .... Andrea Chalakov who was also trained by DHI Medical Group which is no great thing going by their reputation. Strange the clinic don't put out the names of the doctors though, why hide behind a company name - maybe they change doctors often - who knows.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...