tips on getting back into the gym

petesman

im not giving them, i need them!!! help please.. i was going 4 days a week for a few years but havnt got in since before christmas and im mad lazy! any inspirational tips very welcome! thanx in advance

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

It is a clear day, with but a few, bulbous clouds floating in the sky; there is a very mild, albeit very comforting breeze. The sand is warm, and the heat of the sun strokes your skin. Up ahead, a fair maiden, with a chest that would make Xerxes himself bow down and call her master, approaches. Now, do you wish you had been hitting up the gym in the weeks, months, leading up to this moment?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Glad to be of service. icon_smile.gif We all need goals, and what better goal than ensnaring mystical, buxom babe in the not-so-distant future!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

A good motivational tool for me has been registering for an event. I'm talking about getting a buddy and you both signing up for a 10k race, or a Triathlon, whatever.

10k's are the cheapest, as all you need is a pair of shoes basically. Set your sites about 3 - 4 months out, because even though you might be able to gain the endurance quicker, you certainly don't want to stop afterwards. Plus, try getting up to 6+ miles too quickly and you'll injure yourself if you're >35.

Stopping after that first race will be the tough part. So, immediately before the big race you should sign up and pay for another one. This time the goal is to do better than this run by say, 10% faster.

At the point of the next race, move up to a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). Sign up, pay, etc. and train. Remember, all you want to do is finish it. It won't matter if you take a few walking breaks, just finish it.

By then, you'll most likely be hooked and amazed at how easy it is to run 4 - 5 miles, 4x a week. Now, plan to crosstrain with weights 2 days a week and you'll be gold!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

motivations:

turkey-neck (double chin) + receding hair line= Rosy Odonell dates.

--man-boobs.

--fat AND bald=loser/lazy/pathetic image; george costanza.

---having the ability to look down and see your "golf club" (no buzz ref.) in the morning.

having a double chin/fat face REALLY exemplifies a receding hair line...

having a double chin/fat face REALLY exemplifies a receding hair line...

classic, ill be goin every day now!

i actually got back into the gym yesterday thanx to t. awry. my tip is pack ur gym bag the night before, then on ur way home from work make a deal with youself that ul just go in for 15 mins, have a shower and home!! when ur in there and the 15 mins are up ur into it by then and dont wanna leave!

please keep these tips coming, there great icon_biggrin.gif

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Originally posted by petesman:

i actually got back into the gym yesterday thanx to t. awry. my tip is pack ur gym bag the night before, then on ur way home from work make a deal with youself that ul just go in for 15 mins, have a shower and home!! when ur in there and the 15 mins are up ur into it by then and dont wanna leave!

please keep these tips coming, there great icon_biggrin.gif

Thats a great idea. Scheduling your gym time and doing whatever is possible to make yourself go is the best motivation. The rumor is that 19-21 times without skipping an "appointment" makes this a habit.

I wouldnt recommend everyday, though, or you run the risk of another long layoff after burning out on going. So pace yourself, the trick is to make it regular, scheduled visits.

Every other day works good. You can take your off day and do something different. (Riding your bike, running, whatever)

I'm working on making it into 19-21 times every other day. I'll start today. icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Besides the fact that you'll be healthier and look good to the women, you also won't have worry about falling over when you're trying to put your shoes on, and you'll also be able to walk up the stairs without it seeming like you just went through a marathon.

Seriously though, working out and staying in shape definitely makes you feel better about yourself. I always get a great sense of accomplishment after I finish my work out. You'll also have alot more energy for various activities, like ones that might involve you and a woman. Last but not least, you'll keep yourself looking younger.

• 3 months later...

Hey If you're thinking gym routine as a schedule a "to do list, maybe that's why it's harder for you to get back on track....Well Sweetie I would like to suggest you to get a personal trainer....stick to a good diet not a diet... but just eat healthier .....and you should be able to slim up in no time...Good Luck!!!

--------------------------

Health & Fitness, Fitness Blog Directory, Health Directory

Dear usually, stress takes an impact on the way your body works.Take brisk 30 minute walks after work, and slowly work your way up to jogging, then when you're motivated enough, go to the gym. It's hard to get back to your original routine instantly, so start a foundation and improve from there. Good Luck!!!!

-----------

Fitness Training, Muscle Training Directory, Fitness Directory

• 3 months later...

When I have had a long lay off this is what I do. ( Three times a week) I start by first going to gym and only doing a sauna and wirlpool bath for first week. This gets me in habit of going.

Second week I exercise about 15 minutes then sauna and wirlpool bath.

Each succeeding week, I increase exercise time by 15 minutes until my desire workout time is reached. Then, I continue as usual.

Hopes this helps you.

Frank

icon_smile.gif