Anyone been to PAI Medical Group?

fishman35

I went to see them and it looks like they do great work. Their record is squeaky clean with the BBB and the internet, unlike some companies. I am scheduled to get a 4000 hair transplant. I am a type 4a, but still have a lot of hair still there.

Has anyone experienced them? Thanks!

Place seems pretty shady to me; not the least of which is their ubiquitous sh*tting on "follicular units". Maybe I'm totally misreading their site, but the place doesn't look kosher.

Looks like objective, patient feedback is pretty horrid for them, also.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Looks like a late night infomercial. Do your research. I've never heard of them and it's safe to say that if the guys on this network havent heard of them or had any experiences w/ them they propably arent any good. Did you put a deposit down?

Yeah, I put a deposit down. They have 10 centers in the US and 4 in Canada. They have been featured on local TV here and they are an accredited business with the Better Business Beurau. No complaints. Member here in Nashville for 10 years.

Ya, and so is Bosley and MHR. Just ask anyone on here what they think about these 2 companies. The real BBB's are the HT patients themselves. Just wait for replies to this thread. Im sure i wont be the only negative nancy. I made the mistake of going to Bosley and regret it everyday. Just trying to look out for you bro.

Fishman,

PLEASE, for your own good, do much more research. This site will be blunt and tell you the truth, not what you want to hear. Don't convince yourself that because you've made a deposit and this place has no complaints with the BBB that they are worthy of your trust!

These kinds of places prey on the uninformed/uneducated (as it pertains to this subject). My advice is that you have consultationS with the Doctors recommended by this site- NO if, ands or buts.

I did not do my homework 9 years ago and went to the chop-shop (a.k.a. Medical Hair Restoration), huge mistake and it has plagued me since. If not for this site I likely would have lived with this mistake for far too long. I have since realized that HT's have come so far along and the Doctors in the Coalition have YOUR best interests at heart.

Good Luck, bud.

Check out the place listed below where I had my first tp. They've been in business since about 1975 or so. As far as I know, they are good, fine folks as well. Only problem is they make hair that looks like shit!

I don't think they intentionally set out to make people look terrible, they just don't have the talent, are lazy, or just a very below average clinic.

But, I'm sure they've paid their chamber dues and kept up requirements for BBB. I doubt many people would report them to the BBB for making them look like a doll head; especially in such a mostly unregulated industry.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I appreciate everyone who has responded. What I asked for was anyone who has actually experienced PAI. I know Please Grow Hair stated "PAI sucks in Illinois", but why? First of all, I surf the net for a living. I do not buy a toothbrush without researching it first. I have dug, and dug, and dug, on Dr Bolton and many others. I pulled educations, years experience, where the surgeries are performed, and price (yes, that is important to me). I do this for any procedure.

I am sure that all of the doctors who are listed on this site. I even called the one listed for Tennessee. It appears that Dr Fisher and Dr Bolton have been doing this about the same amount of years. One thing that I have learned in working in the computer industry is that if someone does not provide good service, product, or procedure, there WILL be a complaint about them somewhere on the internet. There are no complaints for Dr Bolton, but bunches about other doctors. One of you said "yeah, they pay their BBB fees, but what if these "recommeded surgeons on this site are paying for recommendation? Prove it to me.

I am not trying to convince people of anything. I was looking for actual experience. I am not made of money, and since the credit crunch, I cannot finance. Some of these doctors charge $$$$$$$$$$, and believe me, I understand that you get what you pay for. I am far from naive.

fishman, firstly, no one is accussing you of being naive. you simply have not done your due diligence.

i have not been to this clinic, but i did go to a clinic for my first ht that uses multi or "mixed" grafts. now, that's really just a euphamism for minigrafts or micros, which is an outdated technology. it means they use larger grafts that consist of multiple hairs. the reason they do this, as they admit, is that there is less of a chance of transecting the follicle. it also will give greater coverage, as common sense dictates. the problem with using these grafts as oppossed to FUs is that they create a "pluggy" look especially when used in the hairline. now it might look acceptable from far away or in a picture, but believe me, up close it is not flattering.

top modern ht surgeons ALL use TRUE FUs. it is cosmetically superior. now, if you are okay with having a pluggy looking hairline, then by all means go to this place. but if it will bother you then you should look elsewhere. i HIGHLY reccomend you see patients of theirs in person. just ask them for refferals.

also, if you are concerned about cost, believe me it is much more expensive to fix a bad ht than it is to do it right the first time.

best of luck to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Fishman35,

I know this inst exactly what you want to hear, but you've got alot of experience speaking to you right now. There is no one on here trying to push a certain doc, just lots of people who have had both good and bad experiences. Please if you decide to go thru with the HT w/ this company, remember what is said to you here, and furthermore IF it turns out great DEFINATLY come back and rub it our face. We'd like to think that everyone has your best interest in mind, but in fact thats not always true.

Fishman,

I certainly am not generally a smart- a_ _, but may have sounded like one. But, if you'll research the clinic right under this text - the folks who did my procedure 17 years ago; you'll probably just find one negative remark. Mine.

But, you can check my pics and if that's what you want, great. They didn't butcher me up, but I've been ducking and weaving for the past 15 years trying to avoid being noticed. The job was no where near what is available today. And you know what? I called (just mostly for curiousity) and did a consult with them and they still do it exactly the same way as in 1991!

They told me, and I quote; "We don't use microscopes to cut grafts because they just get in the way", and "Hairs don't grow in 1's and 2's, they grow in 3's so all of our hairs are 3's and 4's." You can get a mega session of 800 minigrafts for about $5,500. That's "over 2400 hairs."

That's in 2008, and you still won't find many complaints. I suspect the majority of people they treat don't really know what a world-class hair transplant really looks like, or they'd be some complaints.

I think it'd be better for you to get some small sessions over a few years than to take that kind of chance personally.

Gosh, if want some proof check out some pics of real patients on here. Some are amazing! These are just guys in the bathroom with a regular camera, not some big corporation using various lighting techniques to make before / afters look better.

And, there's a guy going around visiting these places checking them out as well.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

fishman,

Welcome to our forum community.

If you have truly done your research and are confident in your decision, of course, we wish you much success during your procedure.

Just be sure that you are not judging success as a surgeon solely based on experience, number of years performing surgery and credentials. Look for consistent patient results, not just in one patient, but in many. Talk to, view photos of, and meet with real patients of any surgeon you are considering. Compare these results with those produced by members of the Coalition who are proven to be some of the best in the industry.

If you haven't done the above, I'd strongly encourage you to do this before undergoing the knife.

Nobody here is trying to offend you - but many patients have been through bad situations and just want to be sure you've done all your homework.

If there is anything I can do for you, feel free to email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

Fishman,

You might've been 'digging' and 'digging' for research but you have not been doing it in the right places.

Now that you've stumbled on what I believe to be the best of the best HT websites, you'll become much more educated. Guys on here will not lead you any other way than in the right direction. You've heard from a couple of guys that have lived with a bad HT, we too were sold before hand we were in the right place and with the right doctor- turned out the contrary. They talk a real good game, show you real nice results and leave you with your tail between your legs. And listen to me, it is much more humiliating walking around with the pluggy look vs. the balding one.

And if money is truly an issue W-A-I-T and do it when you can afford the Doctors who perform FUT/FUE.

You should be able to but if you can't get your deposit back, take the hickey and blow it off. If you can't get it back, that should tell you a bit about the establishment as well.

Also, I've despised and been angry with MHR for years but never actually made a complaint. Just because you can't find what you are looking for does not mean what you hope to be is true.

I just want to re-iterate what meblindmelon is saying. I never filed a complaint w/ bosley either. Mainly because from what i understand there is'nt much i can do about it. I did however do a follow up appt w/ the doc and he became very offensive. As to say "how dare you not be happy w/ your results" which were clearly not satisfactory to me.

it's true what mbm and dakota are saying: i never filed an official complaint. the only thing you might get if you google my doc would be negative posts i made on these forums. and after awhile those posts get buried in the google search.

a lot of guys don't want to admit they got an ht let alone got a bad one....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well, here is an update for you guys. I got a referral list of former patients of PAI in my area. I talked to 3 of them this morning. All had nothing but awesome things to say about Dr Bolton.

Here is the kicker. I KNOW ONE OF THESE GUYS FROM HIGH SCHOOL! No BS here!He said the same thing the others did and they said they would all do it again in a heartbeat, if it were necessary.

I will post before and after photos. Thanks for everything.

I spoke to referals too who all had good things to say about my lousy HT doc. Some guys just don't know better. heck, i didn't, then i educated myself here and learned what a good ht is suppossed to look like. fishman, you have to SEE results from these guys in person. i think you are about to make a rookie mistake man...

• Like 1

Originally posted by fishman35:

Well, here is an update for you guys. I got a referral list of former patients of PAI in my area. I talked to 3 of them this morning. All had nothing but awesome things to say about Dr Bolton.

Here is the kicker. I KNOW ONE OF THESE GUYS FROM HIGH SCHOOL! No BS here!He said the same thing the others did and they said they would all do it again in a heartbeat, if it were necessary.

I will post before and after photos. Thanks for everything.

I'm telling you man, I didn't realize there was a better way for about 15 years. I would've recommended the one who did it for me because I didn't realize there were any other options.

And you know, you feel sort of happy because even though you've got a C- or so transplant, you think it's better than the alternative.

And then boom!, you see results from a Feller, Cooley, Wong, Lindsey, etc..... I have no interest financially or otherwise in this site, and probably won't be here at all in 9 months when I'm not bald anymore.... icon_cool.gif, but like the others said, good luck.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Guys,

If fishman has already made up his mind, let's respect his decision. We all certainly wish him the best hair transplant possible and hopefully he'll receive it.

But though it's good to direct and steer people toward physicians we know are proven, I certainly don't want him to feel that we are bullying him.

Hopefully he will share his experience and pictures with us, whomever he chooses.

Best wishes,

Bill

All i will say now is ask the guys "especially the 1 you know from highscool" to meet w/ them in person. After that if your still satisfied im on board w/ you! Also MIXED GRAFTS!!!! What???? That should throw up a big red flag. I wish you the best of luck!!

Bill,

how can you say he'll hopefully get a good result when the clinic admittedly uses mini and micro grafts? true his appearance might improve because he'll have hair where there wasn't any, but there is no way the quality will be as good as if he had FUs grafted. i think it's irresponsible of us to not give him full warning and try and educate him a little bit. isn't that what this forum is for?

i honestly don't care what doc he uses (coalition or not) but i just hope he understands what he'll be getting for his money.