Anyone been to PAI Medical Group?

fishman35

• 1 year later...

you are doing the right thing....research, research and ask questions. ask for a client referral sheet. this helped me a ton! PAI was awesome to work with. The Indy clinic is fantastic. The staff is great and the Doctor is a master! I had my PAI procedure done 1.5 years ago and I am thrilled with the results. my only regret is not doing my crown at the same time (Yes, I am going back)

I chose PAI because of their results and the clients I spoke with. I also chose them because of the technology they utilize. There is a lot of talk on here about Micro and Follicular Unit grafting. PAI used SOME of this small fine grafting on me but only in areas like the frontal hair line where I wanted it to be thinner and natural looking. Behind that they used their Mutliple unit grafts that gave me more density and coverage. My results are GREAT! The lady that cuts my hair is absolutely amazed!

I am sorry that some people get burnt on hair restoration. but my opinion is, it is due to a lack of research. I researched for a good 6 months on Indy clinics. met with the reputable ones and went with the one I felt comfortable with and could show me results. A good clinic will tell you if you are a good candidate or not....keep that in mind. they want you to be happy with the results!

If your not happy with what you learn...come to Indy! they are awesome.

take it from a man that has been there and done that! hope this helps!

you are doing the right thing....research, research and ask questions. ask for a client referral sheet. this helped me a ton! PAI was awesome to work with. The Indy clinic is fantastic. The staff is great and the Doctor is a master! I had my PAI procedure done 1.5 years ago and I am thrilled with the results. my only regret is not doing my crown at the same time (Yes, I am going back)

I chose PAI because of their results and the clients I spoke with. I also chose them because of the technology they utilize. There is a lot of talk on here about Micro and Follicular Unit grafting. PAI used SOME of this small fine grafting on me but only in areas like the frontal hair line where I wanted it to be thinner and natural looking. Behind that they used their Mutliple unit grafts that gave me more density and coverage. My results are GREAT! The lady that cuts my hair is absolutely amazed!

I am sorry that some people get burnt on hair restoration. but my opinion is, it is due to a lack of research. I researched for a good 6 months on Indy clinics. met with the reputable ones and went with the one I felt comfortable with and could show me results. A good clinic will tell you if you are a good candidate or not....keep that in mind. they want you to be happy with the results!

If your not happy with what you learn...come to Indy! they are awesome.

take it from a man that has been there and done that! hope this helps!

Quality!

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread and need to give people a wake up call.

First off, the patient who started it was given excellent advice, which he ignored based on his own research, which contradicted conventional wisdom of more informed posters. Like a game of Russian Roulette, it appears he got lucky.

But for those who don't get so lucky, you can be disfigured for life by fly by night doctors who work for fly by night clinics. One of the biggest red flag with going to hair mills like PAI is some of these patients/victims don't even meet with their doctor until the day of surgery (more on this later)

Here is the deal: If you visit a doctor who is not "vetted", like those who are members of this sites coalition of recommended surgeons, you are taking a risk. While there are competent doctors who are not recommended doing quality work, finding the right one with a track record to match your expectations is a serious gamble that you take, and it can go either way.

The real question one should ask: Is this gamble worth it? It never is, even if you don't get butchered chances are you could of gotten a better result elsewhere, and if you do get butchered, your quality of life will decrease in ways you never imagined.

Now look at what happened to this patient and decide for yourself if you feel like gambling:

Page 2

I went to see them and it looks like they do great work. Their record is squeaky clean with the BBB and the internet, unlike some companies. I am scheduled to get a 4000 hair transplant. I am a type 4a, but still have a lot of hair still there.

Has anyone experienced them? Thanks!

Hey Fishman,

I'd ignore all these bashers and trust your reserach. Ask to see untouched before/after photos. Ask to speak to some of their patients. If they are reputable, they can provide actual photos and put you in touch with patinets who have had the procedure there. If you like what you hear, then go for it. If not, then not. It's no big secret that most of the posters here are shills for the doctors who pay to get listed on this site. Most will hack on Bosley, the former MHR and Hair Club as big advertisers. But at least they are upfront about their marketing activities. The doctors on this site are hiding behind a veil of "unbiased" marketing. They make their living by peddling fear. You're smart, so make your own decisions. Best of luck.

trimgoose,

You are a brand new poster and clearly have biases against this patient community and our high standards for recommending physicians. Thus, I can only assume that you're not a genuine patient poster but rather a representative of a physician or clinic that's not currently recommended by our community.

Only a select few posters on this website represent clinics and they are required to disclose their affiliation with their clinic in their forum signature. If you represent a hair transplant clinic, you too are required to do the same. But the vast majority of our members are patients sharing their genuine experiences and opinions.

Unlike some hair restoration websites that take advertising money from any physician who wants to buy a listing, only physicians who meet our high standards for recommendation are invited to become a recommended sponsor. While our recommendations aren't an exhaustive list of all the best hair transplant surgeons in the world, just like a top university who only admits the brightest students, only physicians with a proven record of producing excellent results consistently are approved for recommendation. The fact that physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network pay a sponsorship fee to support our patient based community in the same way a student pays tuition money to attend a top university is also no secret. All of this information is clearly laid out on our selection standards page. To see how we recommend physicians, click here.

Physicians and clinics are welcome to respond to any and all topics that concern them. But we will not tolerate members posting knowingly false information about our community which is in violation of our terms of service.

Best Regards,

Bill

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I found this forum searching for a place in or near Nashville to arrest and replace what hair lose I currently have before it gets worse.

One of the last posts about PAI was SERIOUSLY scary, and that's the place that up until yesterday I had an appointment with for a consultation. I cancelled when I found out that, "Dr. Botta is gone for the week, but you can come in for a consultation and we'll take care of you." No way in hell am I going to go in for anything like this and not see the doctor, but instead some technician that I know nothing about.

The last post with a link and pictures of a treatment at a PAI center, but in a different city, put the nail in that coffin, so now I'm looking, researching and thinking, and discovering that when it comes to hair transplants, that the information on the internet is as one of my political science professors put it years ago, "the misinformation highway." Lots of information and each source conflicts with another, but I am leaning toward what's called FU or FUE (I think that that I have those names right) and found a doctor named Dr. Fisher in Nashville that seems to do just what I'm looking for.

Any first hand experience on here with him???

My avatar is my actual hairline, though it's about 2 years old, it hasn't changed much since then, and I've been on Finesteride for the last 6 months or thereabouts, for the purpose of stopping, not growing more hair. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. Hopefully this thread isn't so old that no one responds to it.

Thanks,

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

I had a "not so good" experience with PAI Nashville last year (2012). The guy that does the consultation (Michael) is very friendly and professional. He does a great job in that role. However, I definitely would not recommend the surgeon (Dr. Samuel Botta). I woke up 3/4 through my surgery with Dr. Botta stabbing my head VERY fast. I immediately thought that there is no way that he is missing the existing transplanted follicles... moving at that speed in such a random fashion. I asked one of the techs. They laughed and said it was like chopping carrots. I ended up having a lot of swelling and shock loss (donor and recipient areas) from the procedure. If you are considering PAI Nashville, I STRONGLY recommend meeting the surgeon up front. Had I met him up front, I would not have let him do the procedure. If you meet with him and have a discussion, you will understand. If I have any more work done, I will travel out of state to one of the well known surgeons. On a side note, I'm pretty sure that the Nashville PAI office had a different surgeon when Fishman (original poster) had the procedure done.

• 6 months later...

I have not gotten a transplant from PAI, but I agree with the above poster that Michael is a great advisor if you are considering a transplant. I cannot speak to the surgeon as I did not end up getting the procedure but I learned a lot from Michael. I think they have one of the worlds largest databases of before & after photos on their website which was very comforting to me. To me it was worth consulting there for the information I learned.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed.

I have not gotten a transplant from PAI, but I agree with the above poster that Michael is a great advisor if you are considering a transplant. I cannot speak to the surgeon as I did not end up getting the procedure but I learned a lot from Michael. I think they have one of the worlds largest databases of before & after photos on their website which was very comforting to me. To me it was worth consulting there for the information I learned.

Ask how many of those pictures were done by their current surgeon...Samuel Botta. Ask to meet with Samuel Botta before getting a procedure done and you will likely get excuses...like he is out of town or something. If you meet with Samuel Botta...as I did...unfortunately on the day of my procedure, your confidence will go down the drain.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I had really bad experience about PAI Ottawa They don't do what ever they say once they have your money they are done with you. They don't have even nurses form Ottawa they come form Halifax and surgeon come form Montreal they like to go back same day after do two surgery in 6-7 hours so they rush on you. you pay for 5000 to 7000 hair but you end up 1000 hair max which will fall off with in month and they will tell you their little bit pain but trust me their a lot of pain I mean A LOT OFF PAIN. You cant sleep for week you have to be in 45 angel, you eyes will swallow for weeks cant laugh cant speak loud cant do a lot of thing end up taking pain killer few week have to take weeks off form work they don't tell you this thing up front as you done your transplant then they give you long list what you can do what you cant do. So I am STRONGLY RECMEND DONT GO PAI OTTAWA YOU JUST END UP A LOT OFF PAIN AND LOSE YOUR MONEY. I did It and regret on my decision. So like to save other money and form pain .:confused:

• 1 month later...

Hi had the same experience with Dr. Botta. Can anyone say if the fast stabbing hole punching technique is safe? I've had other transplants and they didn't do it that way. Would the fast stabbing technique ruin existing transplants? My hair is much thinner after my surgery....I'm hoping that it's only shock loss and it will grow back. I'm feeling pretty anxious and upset right now.

Plus, with the fast stabbing technique, how does he keep count of the number of grafts? I questioned whether or not I got what I paid for. If you just sit there and stab like a machine gun how can that be accurate with placement and count?

Yes I have and I am sorry for my self lost 13000 & and all I got 500 hair they change me for 5000 to 7000 That don't tell truth it's lot pain full they they say you will end up regret as I do so ples don't wast your money to get pain rest is your choice

• 2 months later...

I just had my one year post op and my results are great! I didnt really think I needed the surgery before, but now that its done Im very satisfied and so glad I did it. PAI is thee place to go for 100% perfect results. Very professional and get the job done correctly. Id recommend them to anyone.

• 3 years later...
Hi, I had really bad experience about PAI Ottawa They don't do what ever they say once they have your money they are done with you. They don't have even nurses form Ottawa they come form Halifax and surgeon come form Montreal they like to go back same day after do two surgery in 6-7 hours so they rush on you. you pay for 5000 to 7000 hair but you end up 1000 hair max which will fall off with in month and they will tell you their little bit pain but trust me their a lot of pain I mean A LOT OFF PAIN. You cant sleep for week you have to be in 45 angel, you eyes will swallow for weeks cant laugh cant speak loud cant do a lot of thing end up taking pain killer few week have to take weeks off form work they don't tell you this thing up front as you done your transplant then they give you long list what you can do what you cant do. So I am STRONGLY RECMEND DONT GO PAI OTTAWA YOU JUST END UP A LOT OFF PAIN AND LOSE YOUR MONEY. I did It and regret on my decision. So like to save other money and form pain .:confused:

My story exactly-just different city. Nashville!

Edited by Researchinghelp

• 1 year later...

Did this guy ever post his results? It would seem he did at one time but I don't see them now, nor remember if he did. All I see is a picture of him right after his surgery, which does not look like it's gonna lead to a favorable result.

Edited by wylie