kkkkkkkk

Mp96

We have been in communication with Mp96 and are still trying to figure out the main reason for his unhappiness. We have offered to meet him and examine his hairline and go from there with whatever option possible.

We are hoping that he will come in and see us.

The hairline drawn on the day of surgery is agreed on by both Dr. Rahal and the patient prior to proceeding. This hairline is decided on after listening to what the patient wants. We do not force any specific design on any of our patients.

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Maybe you just need some time to get used to the new look? Sometimes I look at people, especially newscasters, and think "God, his hair is too thick!" But, I'm sure "normal" people probably don't think that and he's probably not too sad he's got thick hair.

When I tried a system from Hair Club, I only lasted a few days because of the sudden thickness of my hair. Hopefully you are just going through some of that as I agree with the others in that it looks pretty damn good.

And, no offense intended, but according to your weblog pictures you look 100x better at the 7 and 10 month time than you did pre-op. I mean, there's no comparison in my opinion.

Mp96,

Given the pictures of your hairline, I find it hard to believe that Dr. Rahal used any doubles in the hairline let alone ALL doubles. I also think the transplanted hair blends in nicely with the native hair according to the pictures.

Are you sure you are just not letting your emotions get the better of you and are making things sound worse than it is so people will agree with you?

I'm not trying to make you feel worse than you already are, but Dr. Rahal already offered to evaluate you in person and work with you on what you are unhappy about. You are welcome to continue to share your upset here on our open discussion forum - but other than the emotional dilemma and different expectations, nothing appears to be wrong with your hairline from a 3rd party perspective, which is really all we can offer you.

I do feel for you, but quite frankly, I wish I had the amount of density in my hairline as you do in yours.

In my opinon, contact Adrian or Dr. Rahal to get the help you need.

Best wishes,

Bill

I dont get it.

I can understand wanting exactly what you pay for, but you got exactly what 99.99% of people are wanting.

I have a good friend who is also never happy with anything, no matter how perfect. Perhaps this is a personality/expectation thing.

Like another said, I would give a finger for the hair you started with before the transplant.

anyway, not trying to pass judgement, but I think you are being a little picky considering the goal of a hair transplant in its basic sense is to provide more coverage of your scalp, which is achieved through thickening of the hair by transplanting hairs in the thin areas.

No offence, but I almost find it offensive that you are not happy...it looks amazing.

MP,

Although pics never tell the full story, from what it looks like your hair blends perfectly. However a HT is only successful if the patient is happy! I would get w/ Adrian and DR. Rahal and see how they can alleviate this issue. Like another poster said, maybe you're just not used to it being that thick! Maybe it'll take a while, maybe not! Look at it from another perspective. Someone has that many grafts and it doesnt grow at all. It happened to me "well maybe not that many grafts". I'd take your situation over other's. I think!!!

My thoughts on this are as follows:

Sometimes you hear of a woman who gets a breast implants and is not happy with her result. Most women go with a modest size and wish they had gone larger (and eventually do.) Some women dislike the large size and have them removed or made smaller. In these cases it may be because they were looking for something more natural or perhaps they do not fit with their body image.

I think what has happened here is that he has gotten density that most of us would kill for, but because he has a coarse hair quality, the finished product is coarse and does not look natural in his eyes.

Most people who have hung out on the boards know that it is more difficult to make a soft hairline with very coarse hair. Likewise with very fine hair is is hard to achieve density.

My guess is the pictures in the consulatation look great, but do not communicate the reality of what it is like to have a slightly unnatural coarsness in the hairline, especially when it is inches from one's nose.

I think the patient has every right to be concerned. Obvisouly he has an expectation that was not met.

Another thing to consider is that he is a good looking fellow and probably is attached to the way he looks. A hairline that deviates from his natural god-given hairline is probably upsetting. Contrast this to a guy who was never happy with his looks or his hairline who will be estatic to just have hair back on his head.

Mp96 - The only advice I can give is that the coarsness is said to soften over months 12-18. Also growth continues so the balance issue may resolve itself.

Also, you may be able to go to Dr. Feller for a very small FUE session. With fue they can cherry pick tiny hairs from the nape of your neck and implant them in the hairline for a very natural result. (Fine haired patients do not need this.)

I am not as far along as you post-HT, and I have some concerns that are differnt from yours, but I believe I understand where you are coming from. Good luck.

The Emperor,

I very much appreciate your response to my concerns about my current situation.

Your response is very much how I feel about everything that has taken place...

The fortunate thing is that Dr.Rahal does understand and has agreed to address my situation and concerns on this matter. {I am very thankful for that also.}

I am planning on meeting with him in the next couple of weeks.

I am looking forward in seeing him and achieving my expectation.

Thanks again!

Bill,

by the way the thread that has my name on it. I never wrote that..The one that is listed below this one..

I am not so computer friendly to even add an url like that,,

I did send you a pic privately though...

Mp96,

I never received a private message. Maybe you thought you sent me something privately and posted it in the photo section a second time by mistake?

Given that the post was under your alias, it was either you who posted or someone who knows your password and your hair transplant story.

But it's moot at this point. I'm glad you are getting the help you want.

Bill

• 4 years later...