John & Kate plus 8

kman

I'm impressed with Dr. Rassman's very matter-of-fact response to some of the armchair quarterbacking that inevitably goes on here. Unlike certain other doctors, I've never seen him take the bait. But anybody who thinks he's doggin H & W doesn't have very good reading comprehension. It's very clear what other clinic (or chain of clinics, now) he has in mind when he warns against sticking 3000 grafts in the first inch of the hairline entries. Cross-reference some recent baldingblog entries to that effect.

"Rassman Quote "

also do not believe that many patients will safely yield 3000+ grafts so I am mystified by the reports of such numbers unless the follicular units are being divided up into one hair grafts (then they are no longer FUT of course). I must therefore conclude that there is some lack of honesty with some doctors who routinely report performing surgeries of this magnitude

We know hes talking about Armani and maybe a couple others when he talks about the 1-11/2 of the hairline but then he switches back to just 3000 grafts being havested. Is that reading comprehension ?

The reason I said H&W is because he started off saying they copied him and Ive have never seen any negligence on their part and they are almost always above 3000 grafts. They have been falsely accussed of splitting for numbers on a couple of occasions and Rasman knows that. I wasnt trying to dispespect Rassmans post but rather stick up for H%W whos PROVEN Dr Rassmans statement above wrong when performed by a competent clinic. You cant lump H&W and Armani together in the same paragraph when talikng about ethics.

Bill Maybe my transplant lingo isnt up to date but when he says reports of such numbers unless the follicular units are being divided up into one hair grafts sounds like spliting of grafts to me..

I have a ton of repect for Dr Rassman but he was logged on here 3 seperate times yesterday with no other posts and never said there was a comprehension problem.

I belive some doctors ae jealous that they have been sort of left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, hopefully time will show me, the "armchair quarterback" (thanks nikkop), that Jon will only benefit from his HT with Dr. Rassman.

If the show continues, I hope we get to see the next HT that he needs to receive. Gratis, of course! I appreciate Rassman answering this thread and hope that the results will speak for themselves.

I think there is a blog that the family maintains where we can ask questions. I will see if I can ask Jon some questions about his HT.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

My immediate reaction was also "slap in the face to H&W", but even other clincs routinly pumping out 3k+ cases; after re-reading things, I still feel the same way.

I do agree that extreme densepacking to the hairline is not prudent, but lumping that together w/ accusatory statements about "megasession doesn't take any of the truth from one statement and seep it into the other.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dr. Rassman I'm glad you did the HT for the guy on the show. I will tell you why. It actually helped me in a way. The day I had my HT done I came back to my hotel and guess what was on TV? Jon and Kate getting his HT done. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finaly saw the episode last night and i have a few questions....dun dun dun! Why did Dr. Rassman say they were giving john 2 surgeries of 4000+ grafts (which he definetely needs) but they wound up giving his very bald head a mere 2000???

Also when is the barbaric double bladed scalpel going away??? Are you in such a crazy rush to do 2 + patients a day that you can't take your sweet time cutting out the donor? ARGH!

• 2 weeks later...

Would you like to know how to conquer your hair loss problem?

Well, here are the 5 critical steps that have been followed by every single guy who has ever conquered their hair loss problem...

LISTEN TO ME: If you want to conquer your hair loss, then what do you think you need to do?

That's right, YOU MUST follow these same steps. There is no question about it...

So, without further ado, here goes...

Critical Step #1: YOU MUST understand why YOUR hair loss is occuring. Otherwise, to put it politely ? You have no hope!

Critical Step #2: YOU MUST be equipped with the most powerful treatments and techniques on the planet. This is not any easy task ? sifting through hundreds of scam treatments to find one or two "real deal" treatments is like finding a needle in a haystack...

Critical Step #3: YOU MUST develop a treatment regime. A treatment regime is a combination approach towards hair loss. See, if you just take 1 approach, you'll be throwing all your eggs in one basket! You also need to choose treatments that you are personally comfortable with using. There are upsides and downsides to every treatment...

Critical Step #4: YOU MUST develop a plan of action, and decide which treatments to include in your regime. Then you need to get hold of these treatments at reasonable prices. And boy, there is a gigantic range in prices for the same ingredients!

Critical Step #5: YOU MUST commit to a plan and then find an effective way to track your results. It's the only way that you'll know whether your treatment regime is working...

The bottom line? Conquering your hair loss problem will take a little effort, but believe me, its worth it...

Dave Klein is the author of The Ultimate Hair Loss Solution. (promotional links removed)

How Laser Hair Removal works

A laser emits an invisible beam that penetrates the skin around the hair. Because of the dark pigments in the hair, the energy from the laser is absorbed into the hair. The energy from the laser converts into heat, damaging the function of the hair, and the ability for the follicle to grow hair.

Why Laser Hair Removal?

Laser hair removal is a fast and effective way to remove hair. It can treat large areas rapidly. Over a period of time all the targeted hair becomes deteriorated and the hair ceases to grow.

How often do I have to get the laser hair removal procedure done?

An (indicative) number of sessions

Intervals in between each session

Face

6 sessions

2-3 months

Upper lip

6 sessions

1,5-2,5 months

Chin

5 sessions

2 months

Forearm

4 sessions

2-3 months

Back

4 sessions

2-4 months

Chest

4 sessions

2-3 months

Underarm

6 sessions

2-3 months

Bikini

4 sessions

2-2,5 months

Thighs

4 sessions

2-4 months

Legs

4 sessions

2-3 months

Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?

Laser hair removal, while safe when done correctly can cause the skin to burn. The energy from the laser is targeted by color. Darker colors attract more of the laser's energy. This becomes a problem for people who's skin color is close to the color of their hair. The laser energy is no longer just absorbed into the hair follicle, but is absorbed into the skin as well, which can cause burning, scarring and damage.

The larger the difference or contrast between the color and your skin, the better a candidate you are for laser hair removal.

What areas can I treat with Laser Hair Removal?

Any area on the body is treatable, except for close to the eye area. The most common area are the face, upper lip, chest, periareolar, underarms, back, chest, abdomen, bikini area, and legs.

The difference between Laser hair removal and pulsed light treatment

Pulsed light treatment is not actually a form of laser. Using intense high energy light it produces the same effect as laser hair removal. These devices are harder to adjust to each patient's skin and hair type and therefore require larger expertise to use than laser hair removal.

Adverse reactions to laser hair removal

The worst case scenario with laser hair removal is damage to the surrounding skin. This can result in pigment changes in the skin. Skin may become lighter or darker. Change in skin color is usually temporary and fades after a few months. The darker one's skin is the more susceptible they are to adverse reactions when undergoing laser hair removal.(promotional links removed)

• 8 months later...

I haven't been religiously following the show or the current controversy but from the recent pictures I have seen his hair does look significantly better than last year. Whether or not he is enhancing the effect with any concealers is another story.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I appreciate Dr. Rassman's well thought out response and it should be noted that-

1. The work he did was exemplary. Jon's density is quite good, natural looking, and well presented.

2. Rassman pointed out that part of the shows premise was to do a session and then follow up later on, and then do a second procedure.

3. Rassman is entitled to his opinion because he was in the trenches in the HT industry and should be respected for his wisdom

4. He didnt say anyone was splitting grafts, but take that as you may. I have no doubt that some people are splitting hairs.

5. Hasson and Wong are outstanding surgeons but they did not invent mega sessions