Dr. Alexander Phoenix- Any negatives out there?

nw3inAZ

I have done a of research and heading in for 2500 with Dr. Alexander very soon. Just a last minute check to see if anyone has ever had a bad experience with him or other words of wisdom for me. Not ready to post pics, but will do once I go in. Thanks all!

I have done a of research and heading in for 2500 with Dr. Alexander very soon. Just a last minute check to see if anyone has ever had a bad experience with him or other words of wisdom for me. Not ready to post pics, but will do once I go in. Thanks all!

Thank you. I have been searching for months on this. I hear great things all in all, but thinking there may be something I should look out for or prep for besides the usual HT post procedure stuff I have read here over the last few months. Just a last minute sanity check on the Doc.

I think his work is some of the best out there. When it comes to hairlines, in the top 3 in my opinion and I haven't read any negatives.I too am a nw 3, consulted with him and he suggested 2500 but I just need the opportunity and the courage(nothing to do with his skill, just my nervousness!) to go for it.So I really look forward to hearing how you get on

Thanks again. I am sleeping a bit better at night now. Still open to hear any negatives that may be out there just to be prepped. One thing is odd is that I spoke to 3 former patients and now moldilocks kicked in and I believe all said he suggested 2500 graphs. Just seems coincidental. All good though, if the job is done right.

From what I have seen for the past few months ( a year) nothing NEGATIVE was presented on these forums. As a matter of fact he is one of the TOP 5 doctors in the WORLD (in my books)....When I'm ready for my HT he will be the one I'm going to icon_smile.gif

I had 2500 graphs by Dr Alexander 7 months ago and am extremly satisfied at this point. I had dense packing done on the frontal hairline and it looks fantastic. Like an idiot I had 2 sessions done with Bosley some years back and Dr Alexander "repaired" my donor scar as to where it is virtually undetectable and planted graphs around where Bosley used big tools and made pits. Dr Alexander uses very small tools so when your hair grows in you can not tell the difference between your natural hair and the implanted hair. You will be very happy with the work he does. If you want, you can write me privately and I will be more then happy to talk with you further.

Thanks Hairdrew and Gizmo. I am getting less anxious now. It is this week. Just a bit of concern of shockloss and taking a step back before moving forward, but will cross that bridge if and when I get to it. Gizmo, I will e-mail you seperately as I would really appreciate more perspective from you.

Originally posted by nw3inAZ:

Thanks Hairdrew and Gizmo. I am getting less anxious now. It is this week. Just a bit of concern of shockloss and taking a step back before moving forward, but will cross that bridge if and when I get to it. Gizmo, I will e-mail you seperately as I would really appreciate more perspective from you.

You might not have any shockloss. Personally, I didn't have any of the side effects of the hair transplant. I'm growing fine, but today I've got a case of the doldrums. It's weird, because all weekend I felt like a new man with my new hair. Then today, it looks thin again.

But, I'm waiting for five month pics and I believe that's the only true way to tell. Because you really do forget what you looked like I think.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hi NW3,

I had about 2800 with Dr. A on 12/5/07 basically focusing on the frontal 1/3. For me the procedure and recovery period was pretty much a piece of cake. The waiting is hard and time seems to go slow but I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with the results so far. I still have a pretty healthy head of hair on the top behind the front 1/3 ht back to my my crown but I'm sure at some point I'll have to go back again and do one more session and I won't hesitate to go to Dr. A. I didn't experience any shockloss at all and was pretty much back to my normal routine (minus workouts etc) after a week.

You've made a great choice in Dr. A and try not to lose too much sleep :-).

Thanks Flyby and Dewayne! I will hope for the best on the shockloss front and looking forward to getting the HT. I have not heard or seen and bad thing yet on the Doc and I have tried for months. No one is perfect, I know, but you guys taking the time to drop a note on what you have been through sure helps at least keep a positive perspective and not cxl. I will post my progress here because I know how much it helped me over the decision making period to see how others are doing

Well, got it done. In some pain as can be expected. 2531 graphs. Now time to wait it out and hope for the best. Will be sure to post on how it all progresses. Will start a blog soon. thanks again for the feedback.