Shaving Head (some help apprec.)

Jupiter

I am going to goto a barber to get my head shaved. Does a 0 with hairclippers leave you with no hair at all? Or just very very short? I can't get a #2 anymore because my hairloss is too apparent, so I just wanna get rid of it and get used to being a baldy lol. I don't know if I need to razorblade bald my head yet if I can just use clippers and not show my pattern that would be cool. anyone have any tips?

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

I am going to goto a barber to get my head shaved. Does a 0 with hairclippers leave you with no hair at all? Or just very very short? I can't get a #2 anymore because my hairloss is too apparent, so I just wanna get rid of it and get used to being a baldy lol. I don't know if I need to razorblade bald my head yet if I can just use clippers and not show my pattern that would be cool. anyone have any tips?

I think a 0 will leave you with some stuble about a few mm so you dont need to shave with a razor and risk agravating your skin.I did it for a HT and with a 0 you cant see the baldness pattern but as it grows towards a 2 you can see it.Just keep it a 0 or 1 and it will look good.

HT 2006/7

Jupiter,

Kudos for taking a rational approach to hair loss by postponing your HT until you can afford a top-rate surgeon, and choosing to shave it off for now. A lot of young guys wear a shaved head well, if it had been in style for white guys when I was your age I might have never gotten a HT.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

-Vasilius

If I remember aright, your hairloss is exceedingly mild....you should be able to do a buzz of your choosing and wear it nicely in that regard. I def wouldn't bic it unless you've lost all ground with the meds and taken serious hits recently....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i was curious about the same thing.

thinking of shaving down with clippers at a 0 and maintaining it with clippers instead of shaving.

i woudl rather not shave with razor as i have a few small warts/skin tags that may get cut off by the razor. regardless, i think you are making a good decision as well. who knows maybe you will like the look, get used to it and be able to put off a HT indefinately, or at least until the procedure gets even better or another treatment comes out.

i plan on doing it this spring, when i can get some sun. i may hit the tanning booth beforehand just so i dont look like a q-tip

it all depends on hair colouring and texture.

when i used to buzz with no gaurd i still had a considerable amount of hair on show.even when i shaved i had a 5 o,clock shadow.only when i shaved against the hair with a mach 3 could i achieve a shaven look and even then you could still see the shadow.

i would have thought if i had light/thin hair a no 0 would have sufficed.

go for it,it's very liberating. icon_cool.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Hello.

I've been shaving my head with clippers (no attachment) for about 8 or 9 years, I've never once shaved my head with a razor.

My thoughts are, why go through all of the trouble of lathering up your head when you can get it down to a couple of mm's quickly with clippers? I do it on Fridays (for the weekend). I don't think it makes a big enough difference for the hassle to use a straight blade, especially if your hair loss isn't extensive. Plus you don't have to worry about cuts or ingrown hairs.

treehuggr, how short do you shave it? i have brownish/blonde hair and i don't want my balding pattern to be seen but im also sick of fuckign with my hair every day. im just done

Has your hair taken serious hits recently? The esteemed and now-dead NG2GB did once famously charachterize your hair as being that of a "mopto-pussy" of lustrous locks. If a #2 is really showing a vicious mushroom you must have, though.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Jupiter,

I am in a similar situation. I have lost a vast amount of hair on my vertex/crown and frontal 1/3rd. Though, I think you have more hair than me. Have you been using any concealer? Please share 0 guard results if you take it that far.

=Martin

Thana, my hair has been this bad since I joined the forum( I joined the forum originally for health-support after shaving my head to a #2 and going through extreme depression because of it )

Martin, I will post pictures of my head after its shaved. I do not update my propecia/rogaine blog because I truely think the products are complete shit and will never recommend them to anyone. Why?(They suck?)

Eman, I looked at your pics and it seems like the buzzcut you have isn't very short. I would need to shorterthan that i think.

Im getting my head shaved tomorrow, and i am so nervous. I haven't been able to relax at all. Im so nervous when i get a #0 im just gonna look worse than i do now....i really don't want my mushroom too show. wish me luck everyone, and i hope everything is going well for you all.

no im just concerned about if it's gonna just show my pattern more than it is with my long curly hair.( ive had a#4 and it wasn't short enough the mushroom would show perfectly i think )

Jupiter,

I hope this information helps. This refers to the length of hair after a cut with clippers:

??? #0 (no attachment) - 1/100 inch,

??? #1 - 1/8 inch

??? #2 - 1/4 inch

??? #3 - 3/8 inch

??? #4 - 1/2 inch

??? #5 and #6 - special tapering attachments

??? #7 - 7/8 inch

??? #8 - 1 inch

take care...

yeah i started experienced major temple shedding, my fight with hairloss has basically been lost... its impossible to regain what ive lost. i have stopped using propecia and rogaine now