It's the best thing i have ever done!!!!!!!

Bullfrog

people people people

its a simple process

do what I am going to do - if my MPB gets toooo bad, I will simply get laser hair removal

then you will have a super shiny plucked smooth head ALL THE TIME - you will look sharp forever and ever

none of this fuzz mixed in with shine stuff

completely agree with NG2GB, something- your wrong. people my age don't shave there head to look like bruce willis or any bald guy. the shaved head only looks good if you have hair, if you are losing your i promise people dont think it looks cool(this is for young guys as myself 19-25) 30+ if anyones still giving a shit about your hair they have problems.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Jupiter, i understand your point but i would say that you are wrong. I work in entertainment, and i know lots of young guys that rock the shaved or bald look and nobody gives a shit because they still look good....

If they were sporting a thinning look, thats when people start talking

its when you age, that the shaved look might be more problematic....

you have it the other way around.

The challenge is if you are not in a glamorous industry rather an accountant or bank teller, it can look quite odd. This Especially if you don't have style .. Look at Van gundy , does he look cool? Nope he looks weird as did Scott skiles when he shaved it bald

At the end of the day the indidvidual has to be happy..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

boy's, boy's, boy's!

What's going on bald heads/shaved heads. heads that look bald shaved, shaved heads with hair that don't look bald shaved?? I'm struggling to keep up. If i were to give an example of how my hair looked against a celebrity then it would look like Beckham's.... O.K a total lie, it would look like Jude law's hair shaved but not as severe, and it looks good.. I agree in time I may get bored of this look and it may slowly start to lose some stubble, but hey at this point in time I don't need to worry as much as I have been and can look into HT options in a few years. I will say that I may look into Fue sooner as the potential risk of scarring isn't as high and would need less grafts to achieve a straighter hairline on a buzzed head. What are your views on this matter?

Hey Bullfrog, Nice retort! icon_smile.gif

Im glad that you've found a remedy to your current situation that your happy with!

With regards to FUE as a means of achieving a *good* shaved down look goes, I COMPLETELY agree!

I have seriously given this *much* consideration in the past, and that is why Im so interested in both the FUE discussion AND the shaved down discussion.

I think if you go into FUE w/the expectation of having a relatively modest total # of grafts moved (relative to strip)

-AND-

your intentions are to have the ability to pull off the *shaved* look with both stubble on top & a low hair line w/no *visible* scar in the back,

then---that is an *ideal* and achievable goal.

On another note, I have also considered---given money not being a variable---if you have been "stripped out," that is can not have any more strip procedures because either laxity or donor is prohibiting, or *both,*

-AND-

your baldness progresses to the point where supply does not satisfy demand (i.e. excessive loss in the crown) then going forward w/FUE to fill in the strip scar, so that an acceptable shaved down look can be achieved having an established hair line and enough stubble on top, while at the same time concealing the strip scar would be a very viable and attractive option. As opposed to a *weak* comb over look one would be stuck with to compensate for excessive loss and limited density...

I have only seen a few examples of FUE-ing into the strip scar, but they turned out *very* well. Personally, I don't know why there are not more cases like this as a legit *shaved* look icon_smile.gif in my opinion is much better than a $hitty comb-over... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Hey NG2GB,

That was a quick response man.. You can see that you have done plenty of Homework in relation to this site!

Myself on the other hand is merely a amateur!

So what you are saying is that FUE is a good option for NO scarring and to correct the hairline is an achievable option.

I believe i have a good donor area and good Laxity, My hair is currently graded at 6mm (Not sure if that's a Number 1/2) Would there be any sign of the procedure after surgery? ou say a modest amount of grafts, what do you mean by this?

When i talk about FUE don't mean into the strip scar itself, I am led to believe that this procedure is where single follicle's get extracted individually? therefore No sign of scarring.

That was a quick response man.. You can see that you have done plenty of Homework in relation to this site!

Actually I have no hair loss as of yet...

Im a homeless man, who perpetually stays online on this forum as a means to use the public library for warmth and shelter; meanwhile I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge on MPB and Im now considering moving from a life-long transient into the profession of a ht doctor...

FUE/SCARRING/HAIRLINES:

well, my comments were all framed in the context of having an acceptable *shaved* look, or what I deemed to be as such, while at the same time having no visible scar...

All of my comments on my post above were basically in response to your statement:

"I will say that I may look into Fue sooner as the potential risk of scarring isn't as high and would need less grafts to achieve a straighter hairline on a buzzed head. What are your views on this matter?"...

I think FUE would be appropriate in your case, if your looking to *only* achieve the *shaved* down look; meaning re-create a new hair line and have some stubble on top, giving you the option to shave down w/no visible scar.

If, however your looking to get as much coverage AND density as possible and don't mind NOT having the option to *shave* down, then I would go with strip, if and only if you have the means to go to a top doc...

I think FUE has it's place, but having said that you stated that you were a NW4, and I have yet to see any good evidence of FUE patients receiving 5K+ grafts, over ANY # of procedures w/results comperable to strip.

Not to mention, you stated you don't currently have the funds to go to a top notch strip doc, let alone a FUE one...

• Moderators
Originally posted by notgoing2gobald:

I have also considered---given money not being a variable---if you have been "stripped out," that is can not have any more strip procedures because either laxity or donor is prohibiting, or *both,*

-AND-

your baldness progresses to the point where supply does not satisfy demand (i.e. excessive loss in the crown) then going forward w/FUE to fill in the strip scar, so that an acceptable shaved down look can be achieved having an established hair line and enough stubble on top, while at the same time concealing the strip scar would be a very viable and attractive option. As opposed to a *weak* comb over look one would be stuck with to compensate for excessive loss and limited density...

I have only seen a few examples of FUE-ing into the strip scar, but they turned out *very* well. Personally, I don't know why there are not more cases like this as a legit *shaved* look icon_smile.gif in my opinion is much better than a $hitty comb-over... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

As someone who has been maxed out and has the $hitty comb-over I can tell you the reason you don't see more men getting 1000 or more FUE into the scar to make it less noticeable if they shave their head is because if they actually were able to get that many more grafts they would simply put them on the top and not have to do the $hitty comb-over.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.