VIDEO: Result of extreme repair with 10,000+ BHT -Dr Umar

Seeing this patients before pictures and video was heart wrenching to say the least. I really feel for this guy.

I have never been a big fan of BHT, but these results have improved this patients look tremendously. I have seen a couple of other patients online who have similarly successful procedures with Dr. Umar and I must admit that I am impressed.

Is this patient planning on additional sessions? Maybe to soften the hairline a bit and maybe add more density as it seems like he has plenty of chest hair.

I think most docs don't feel good results can be obtained using body hair and was curious how Dr. U is able to obtain these results. Are these types of results consistent with most or all patients?

Anyway, I am happy that this patient at six months looks so much better.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• Administrators

Dr. Umar,

Thanks for sharing this impressive case with our community and with me when I visited your clinic in Redondo Beach California recently.

Like many members of this community, I have also been a BHT (Body Hair Transplant) skeptic, largely due to this procedure being over sold and over priced by clinics other than yours.

However, having learned more about you and your dedication to personally doing such tedious FUE/BHT work at very modest prices, I think you provide a very valuable service in particular to patients like the one in this video who have no other options.

I was also impressed by the BHT/FUE presentation you gave to your colleagues at the last ISHRS annual scientific meeting. You presented BHT results without over selling their benefits, while pointing out the limitations.

Kudos to you for doing this extremely tedious work from A to Z personally and at very modest prices, while suffering unfair criticism from some of your BHT competitors. Congratulations to this patient who no doubt experienced a personal Hell prior to you.

I look forward to sharing more information about you in my upcoming "Visits to Leading Clinics in Southern California".

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hello Pat,

My staff and I as well as the patient of the day enjoyed your visit. It was nice sharing ideas and experiences.

You have done a great job putting together this community. I look forward to contributing to the community (as well as learn from it) as much as possible.

Hopefully, with a more pragmatic and objective approach, the role of BHT in addressing situations of relative or absolute lack of head donor in suitably qualified candidates especially in repair situations would become apparent as more cases manifest and honest dialogue is allowed to flourish.

Best wishes.

I posted an unkind post about the patient in this video, which I have since deleted. I actually watched the video but didn't see the statment from the patient. I guess it sort of 'humanized' the whole procedure.

Good for him, and it looks much improved. I imagine if you all saw me sitting in a lighted room in my underwear you'd have plenty to joke about as well.

I also think a balding head contributes to some of our weaknesses and causes us to let ourselves go, as far as the exercising goes.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week