"WOW" Doc Pistone's Pics

Hi peops, I would appreciate any info. I have repeatedly requested info from this forum and not had much luck. On the surface, one would think to pick another Doc who is more popular. But that wouldn't be fair, I have checked Doc Pistones credentials out and he seems to be a very skilled HT Doc. The pics on his web site look nice. But I cant find much info or anyone from this forum that has had experiences with him. Please share any info on the recommended Doc Pistone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi peops, I would appreciate any info. I have repeatedly requested info from this forum and not had much luck. On the surface, one would think to pick another Doc who is more popular. But that wouldn't be fair, I have checked Doc Pistones credentials out and he seems to be a very skilled HT Doc. The pics on his web site look nice. But I cant find much info or anyone from this forum that has had experiences with him. Please share any info on the recommended Doc Pistone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabe,

Honestly in 5 years of reading on ht and having 2 myself, I have never even heard of Dr Pistone ?

That is not necessarily a bad thing, but he is definately "not" a "household" name in HT. Is there any reason you have your heart set on him ? Do you know him well ?

Good Luck !

Thanks, yes I have done a search. Their isn't much info and Firebird vanished. But please anyone with info please respond. As to why I have "my Heart set on him" He is here in NJ in my back yard and his site pics look great. And his credentials are awesome too. I know location is the last reason to use to pick a doc, but if he is good and he is near by, why not. I have an appointment with him next friday.

Ask Dr. Pistone if he can supply you with a list of patients you can actually meet. Try to pick the patients who have similar characteristics as you have, if you have to narrow it down.

The best thing would be to see patients in person.

Fabe:

Try not to be impatient. Nobody here knows much about Pistone. We can't really answer how good he is because we don't know. So you can "go for it" and let us know, or you can ask us about doctors we are more familiar about.

Certainly, people will let you know about Pistone if they can share info that will aid you. The lack of responses is because we don't know, and can't provide much more than we have to you because of that. Thanks.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I just took at the pics on this website. I don't know his work other than the pics, but the thing that strikes me is if you look at the 'before' and 'after' shots - looks like the before are bleaker, and after shots are developed nicer. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it's just an attempt to 'make' them appear better - certainly something I would avoid. Also, it may be just me, but the pattern of graft placement in the hairline area seems to be a little too regular (especially patient's 2 and 3 on the second row), and it makes the work appear slightly more obvious than it has to be. Overall however - looks good.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

I am not impatient, just looking for info. If you don't have any,don't respond, there are a zilloin others on this forum I am asking.

Fabe:

Try not to be impatient. Nobody here knows much about Pistone. We can't really answer how good he is because we don't know. So you can "go for it" and let us know, or you can ask us about doctors we are more familiar about.

Certainly, people will let you know about Pistone if they can share info that will aid you. The lack of responses is because we don't know, and can't provide much more than we have to you because of that. Thanks.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Thanks Microprose, u stated that some of the details u think could be better? But U like overall, Could u explain what u like? What did u think about his backround?

I just took at the pics on this website. I don't know his work other than the pics, but the thing that strikes me is if you look at the 'before' and 'after' shots - looks like the before are bleaker, and after shots are developed nicer. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it's just an attempt to 'make' them appear better - certainly something I would avoid. Also, it may be just me, but the pattern of graft placement in the hairline area seems to be a little too regular (especially patient's 2 and 3 on the second row), and it makes the work appear slightly more obvious than it has to be. Overall however - looks good.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Just for the record, Pistone is recommended by this site. So if this Doc is not known by many, how is he recommended? icon_confused.gif

Fabe:

Okay, yeah, I'm not trying to suppress the information flow here. Jeez, I hope that is evident by my posts. I hope you get a ton of responses.

But posting the exact same thing in multiple sections and following it up with "????" and "come on guys, you can do better" type follow-up posts by you shows impatience. That is the DEAD wrong approach to planning for an HT.

If you are in a rush and backed into a corner, that sucks. Maybe you need to back up.

Pistone's recommended on this site but few people know of his work who post here. That's how it is.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

No, Jenn got responses because she was polite and appreciated the comments from everyone. No one knows about this doctor and your post has been out the less than 48 hours. You should stop being so damn demanding.

People are trying to offer you advice, i.e., don't get a HT from him unless you speak to, and better yet, see actual patients who have similar hair loss, and have been treated by Dr. Pistone.

If you're in such a damn hurry, go get your HT with him and then tell us all about it. It's a lifetime decision, so make sure that the convenience of being in your back door is worth it.

Mr. T

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>vocor1, who and how do they decide on who is recommended or not?

All of that is explained elsewhere on the site. I suggest you read thru the whole site, and contemplate the criteria involved in the "recommended" list. The list is only to be used as a suggestion, and the skill, experience and artistic ability among surgeons will vary, even among the "recommended" surgeons.

I really recommend you keep reading, and keep learning about hair transplants before you make any big decisions. There is a lot to learn, that you should factor into your decision-making process. And there is even a chance you might decide "a hair transplant is not for me".

Read up, and come back with any specific questions you might have.

Go wash ur hair

No, Jenn got responses because she was polite and appreciated the comments from everyone. No one knows about this doctor and your post has been out the less than 48 hours. You should stop being so damn demanding.

People are trying to offer you advice, i.e., don't get a HT from him unless you speak to, and better yet, see actual patients who have similar hair loss, and have been treated by Dr. Pistone.

If you're in such a damn hurry, go get your HT with him and then tell us all about it. It's a lifetime decision, so make sure that the convenience of being in your back door is worth it.

Mr. T