fue vs classic hair transplant

ben

hello everybody,

i am french in paris and i am only 26. i would like to have an hair transplant. but in

Paris it is extremly expensive.

About 4000 euros ( 5000 dollars ) for 1000 impants ( classic hair transplant with scar )

What about the fare we can find in USA?

thank you

TYPICAL FRENCHMAN.

WHAT CAN THE AMERICANS DO FOR ME.

STAY IN FRANCE.

DONT FORGET, IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE AMERICANS YOU WOULD ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN.

NO JUST KIDDING....MAY I SUGGEST BOSLEY FOR ALL FRENCHMAN.

$5000. for 1000 grafts is pretty average price I think for reputable docs. Many will charge more.The more grafts you get, the lower the price per graft.

Flights to New York from Europe are probably best fare. There are several good docs from NY mentioned on this site.

Originally posted by markcia:

TYPICAL FRENCHMAN.

WHAT CAN THE AMERICANS DO FOR ME.

STAY IN FRANCE.

DONT FORGET, IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE AMERICANS YOU WOULD ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN.

NO JUST KIDDING....MAY I SUGGEST BOSLEY FOR ALL FRENCHMAN.

Easy, guy. It's this guy's first post and I'm not going to tolerate personal attacks, expecially unprovoked. Hair loss sufferers from all over the world come here to share advice and experiences. Let's focus on our common problem, not on our nationalities, shall we?

Consider this your first warning.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

markcia, your a dick...

Typical New Yorker... B.C. thought process. That's Before Christ, since you may have trouble with those initials.

I may not be in favor of the French Government, but I'm not about to chastise French people for this.

ben,

Pricing are starting to get as low as $3.oo per graft. Start researching rep. doc's, and look at their pricing structer.

Thanks guys for your advice.

Maybe i will travel to new york for my hair transplant. the only issue is if the scar is too big i could complain easylly.

Do you know that the propose good fares in tunisa or turkia. it is half price for FUE etc.

I have a shame of losing my hair..Only 26 year old...aie aie.

i have taken proscar ( finasteride) for 8 month and the lose has been reduced but still goes on.

Sometimes i can see good results for hair transplant but sometimes the result is quite bad.

ps : to answer to markcia

"DONT FORGET, IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE AMERICANS YOU WOULD ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN." i know that and thank you again. i was in normandy with my girld friend last week

• Administrators

Ben,

Sorry for the inappropriate remarks made by Markcia.

If he had a better appreciation of history he would know that without the help of the French the US would have never won its independence from England. Not to mention the gift of the Statue of Liberty . . . and French Fries :-)

But as Robert pointed out, hair loss cuts across all politics and nationalities.

There are many great surgeons in North America. But since you mentioned Turkey, I highly recommend Transmed in Turkey. Their very refined transplants are world class and their price is very low.

I do think you would be very well adviced to consult with them. They even have a web site in French at http://www.greffes-de-cheveux.org

You can also learn more at http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/hair_transplant_cl.../doctors.asp?DrID=56

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

lol, ya you're right Franklin.. I shouldn't compare the majority of New Yorkers to markcia..

and on another note...

Don't be so quick to thank the Frenchies for the Fries..

It's argued that the Belguims were the first to originate those greasy wounders... The "French" in Fries refers to a french style cut.

Long and thin...

Which explains other French starting words. icon_biggrin.gif

More useless info to "French Fries"..

McD's uses 7% of America's taters to make their popular fries.

Want to know more, contact your local FFA, or Agricultural Society.

This message is to bring awareness of our favorite veggie... The Spud!

Don't bring up Potatoe Chips!! icon_eek.gif

Ben

Le Jour de Bastille Heureux. J'ai beaucoup de m???©moires trouv???©es d'???©t???©s 86/87 comme un adolescent dans Bretaine; le temps agr???©able, bonne bi????re, les cr????pes, les belles filles fran?§aises et et les bons amis

Bienvenue

hello pat,

yes i heard abour Transmed in Turkey and they have good fare for FUE. but the issue is if the result is bad i could complain against the surgeon because it is fat away from Paris.

In paris there are 3 ou 4 good surgeon but it is more expensive.

Maybe i will star my marquet study int north america.

Imagine to what extent we can spend money for our hair. asian people don't loss their hair so much.

about hait transplant i think sometimes the result is quite good and satisfied people don't come to this forum anymore. Only unsatisfied people come here an this is normal.

I save 5000 euros for my HT and i pray for a good result.

We are all interested in seducing ladies isn'it?

jacobs,

did you met you wife in "bretagne"? ;-)

This quote is from Dr. Swords website."The Follicular Unit Extraction Technique

The concept makes sense, and it sounds great! Instead of making an incision in the back of the head, simply remove each individual follicular unit with a punch blade then relocate it to the areas of thinning and loss... all in one step. The problem is, it isn't quite that simple.

Hair follicles don't grow straight up and down beneath the skin. They grow at angles, and each follicle can be at a dramatically different angle than the follicle next to it. It's virtually impossible to know for sure. Clinical studies have shown that 25% to 40% of all follicular units being extracted during follicular unit extraction are destroyed. They are simply cut in half. And since we have a limited supply of donor hairs, we can't afford to destroy even one unnecessarily. Additionally, the punch blade will leave multiple scars throughout the donor area. When follicular units are simply extracted from areas of the skin, the result is an overall thinning to the remaining hair. Follicular unit extraction procedures last, on average, 30% longer, cost more, result in less density and compromise the donor area.

Every surgeon has this procedure option at their disposal; the vast majority sees that it just isn't in the patient's best interest to utilize it.

Ok here is my opinion on this subject.This tune has been played over and over again and I want to say from my experiece it is B.S. My density has not been compromised at all in the donor I even had a few docs measure after my Fue procedure and it was the same as before due to the grafts being taken out in a manor spread out uniformly all throughout the donor.I have visualy inspected many patients of my doctor and there donors look great and yield was also. I had far better growth from my Fue than my previous strip procedures. Now that does not mean that strip is bad under the right doctors care but same goes with a experince Fue surgeon. These blanket statements like above from Dr. Sword are just old. And after 4 years of seeing these kind of statements it starting to get REAL OLD. Good luck with your choices.

• 6 months later...

Annapolis HT,

Are you sure about the flying after HT? Several on the forum have flown for the HT and I'm assuming came back the next day.

I have a 2nd HT scheduled with H&W Feb. 15th and plan to return the morning following.

Any others care to comment on this?

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

From my knowledge, it is usually recommended that you should wait at least 7-days before boarding a flight.

icon_biggrin.gif Man I don't know where you read that but that is nonsense. There is no reason why you should not fly immediately after the procedure. It is true that many patients prefer to stick around for a few days to go back to their surgeon, having their hair washed and so on. But I flew back to the UK the day after my surgery with Dr Hasson (quite a long flight from Vancouver) and didn't have any problem.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by ben:

hello everybody,

i am french in paris and i am only 26. i would like to have an hair transplant. but in

Paris it is extremly expensive.

About 4000 euros ( 5000 dollars ) for 1000 impants ( classic hair transplant with scar )

What about the fare we can find in USA?

thank you

Ben, try transmed in turkey. They are closer to you than usa, and they have better prices. There is a link to there website on this forums somewhere, look at HT in Turkey.

• 1 month later...