bloody hat

Ive been wearing a hat for nearly 4 weeks now since the HT and Im sick of it.....how do some of you guys do it wearing it for months and years...would drive me crazy...I went to the gym today and took it off for a minute and it felt strange without it...It feels comforting having it on in public.

Tonite for the first time I went out to a takeaway to get some curry without my hat.It was good to be without it. Some gal looked at me while i was waiting and i had to look away,all of a sudden wishing I had my hat...I thought she was staring at my pink forehead...

tomorrow I get my daughter to cut my hair...shes a hairdresser. No-one in my family knows. First cut in 8 weeks. I'll have to tell her, make her promise not to say anything.....hope she keeps her mouth shut about it...lol.

Wearing the hat drove me nuts and I've just stopped wearing it at 3.5 months post op. Having a range of hats to choose from can help.

If you are worried about keeping your HT secret I'd avoid telling anyone - these secrets have a habit of leaking out once you tell someone.

Why not delay the haircut for a while? I've not had a haircut for 3 months and I kind of prefer having the extra coverage that provides. I'd probably still be under the hat if I'd kept cutting my hair.

Another option is to buy a set of hair clippers and cut your own hair...if you want a short cut that's perfectly possible to do yourself.

Hmmmm,youre right Scotty...I really dont want to say anything....I might just get her to trim the edges. I kinda want to tidy it up a little thats all, it just looks unkempt if I dont keep it tidy. so i'll keep quiet and hope for the best. hope she dosnt see the scar....Im worried she'll feel the ridge with a comb. anyway thanks. It'll be weird without the hat for a start tho, its kinda becomes part of the public part of me. I wore the same hat every day at work so I didnt draw attention to the damn thing...went to a xmas get together at a pub here one day. not allowed to wear hats in the pub tho, so every 10 minutes I had someone telling me to take it off, the bar staff telling me, one old geezer complained to the pub staff.....anyway Im sure theres a few hat stories to tell.

I still wear a hat 4-5 days a week, basically the days I don't have to wear concealer. The most annoying thing for me is that it tends to get itchy wearing a hat all day. In fact, the redness in my recipient region usually flares up when I'm wearing a hat.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Sunnycoastman, I wore a hat for the first 4 weeks only. It was getting irritating and somewhat odd at work, to wear a hat.

If you want to keep this as a secret, you can always go to a different hair stylist instead of your daughter. In case of a hair stylist who is stranger, even if you tell him/her about the HT, there is no way anyone you know would be aware of it.

i cant wait for the pinkness stage to go away as I hate having to put makeup on their and also look at peoples quick tiny stares at my head...its weird but I dont think they know whats going on....

Sunnycoast man I also have not had a haircut and think I will go to a random hairdresser who i will never see again and let them know to be gentle.... i need one cause it looks untidy

I also wear a hat when i can but i cant at work so it sucks....

Im hanging onto the day the pinkness is gone and i return to normal...then i guess ill be in mixed minds when the hair beings to grow through at the front....Ill be happy its comming but then worried about trying to conceal what is going on....I think that is going to be hard as the hairs will be short against my longer hairs in the receeding hairline... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol