About to lock in a HT with Dr. Wong

Hi guys,

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for this site. I was thinking of going with NHI in Melbourne since I live in Sydney Australia. I even had a consultation. I thought I might just google "national hair institute review". I found a couple of threads leading to this site and found they don't have a good rep. But even better I was able to come to my own conclusions and choose one the best HT Docs.

I've decided travel to Vancouver and go with Doctor Wong. I've been classified as a NW 3A.

Thanks again for this site.

Hi guys,

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for this site. I was thinking of going with NHI in Melbourne since I live in Sydney Australia. I even had a consultation. I thought I might just google "national hair institute review". I found a couple of threads leading to this site and found they don't have a good rep. But even better I was able to come to my own conclusions and choose one the best HT Docs.

I've decided travel to Vancouver and go with Doctor Wong. I've been classified as a NW 3A.

Thanks again for this site.

spinmaker:

I concur with the others; you've chosen wisely for sure. From what I hear, Jotronic might even take you out for a dinner the night before so make sure you stay on the forum and become a 'regular'.

Post us some pics so we can keep up with your progress.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

if this is your first transplant i suggest you dont do it. think about the risks and think about the scars that will be with you the rest of your life..if i had it to do over id rather just have shaved my head and been done with it.to many risks

Originally posted by 16inchscar:

if this is your first transplant i suggest you dont do it. think about the risks and think about the scars that will be with you the rest of your life..if i had it to do over id rather just have shaved my head and been done with it.to many risks

Alright 16inchscar, it's about time we see your pics. Let's see what has you so depressed about this whole industry.

YOu might think it's worse than it really is.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

16inchscar,

I agree with Dewayne. Also, surgeons today are using such advanced technology that the transplants are virtually undetectable to the human eye. If the "scars that will be with you the rest of your life" comment is referring to the donor area, a quality surgeon would have closed the area in a way that would have left a very fine scar-line. If the "scars" are referring to the recipent area, well, then, that is just bad work performed by a bad surgeon. The good news is that is doesn't have to stay that way. Several surgeons on this site have done corrective work in addition to performing additional transplants. You may have noticed that Dwayne had about 50 mini graphs removed by Dr. Cooley during his recent procedure. Everyone on this site is here to help individuals like yourself make the best decision for you. It's hard to understand your frustrations, and be in a position to help correct the situation, if needed, without seeing some pics to help make recommendations.

I think the situation with 16inch scar and your are totally different.. You are going to an extremely competent doctor with a proven track record which is well documented.. If you look at this from an objective viewpoint there are "poor" professionals in every industry .

Auto repair, doctors, accountants, lawyers , etc..

Going to an incompetent one of these MAY cause serious consequences.. I have had 3 HT's and have not had any poor expereinces or results..

Do your homework, go to a good doc, and follow the post op regimine and there is a extremely high probability you will have an excellent result.. DON'T and your chance for problems increase just like anything else

In the future, if I need another ( hope I don't) I will not hesitiate to have it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

From what I hear, Jotronic might even take you out for a dinner the night before so make sure you stay on the forum and become a 'regular'.

Dewayne, I'd like to know where it was that you heard that I take people out to dinner so they "stay on the forum".

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by Jotronic:
From what I hear, Jotronic might even take you out for a dinner the night before so make sure you stay on the forum and become a 'regular'.

Dewayne, I'd like to know where it was that you heard that I take people out to dinner so they "stay on the forum".

I think if you read that closely you'll see that's not what I said.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Jotronic:

Oh, uhhh, nevermindicon_wink.gif

Funny how if you changed one letter, the s to a t, it changes the whole meaning of that sentence.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week