RJVW 1/17/07 - Dr. Epstein

rjvw

Pushing 40......You are right. Almost all the doctors I spoke with prior to my Ht said I would most likely lose some if not all of my frontal hair. I lucked out. I did have shock-loss on my sides and rear. But as you can see by my photos most grew back. Again, I lucked out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good rjvw. Glad to see that things are coming along for you. The scar looks like it has been healing well also. Your plan of 6 months is a good one. With hairs starting to sprout you should be in luck.

Pushing,

What are you talking about? With that lid of yours and 4000 FU , you'll look like Buckwheat.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

rjvw,

Looking good for 2 months. To experience ANY growth at that point is extremely early...maybe you'll be an early bloomer. But don't be discouraged if you are not...it's all about time and patience.

Pushing40,

You'll be fine bro....stop worrying. Allow your hot wife to comfort you! lol

Bill

Bill, I thought the same thing that 2 months is way too early to see anything new. If anything ,I thought I would be losing even more hair from shock loss. But with this being said I can feel and see new little hairs popping up. I did read that Young Guy is also popping up early.

Could it be that maybe because I had only 2100 grafts instead of the mega sessions of 3500 grafts and up that this has anything to do with it? I don't know. Also, keep in mind that I did get good results from the Propecia after only 3 months.

Anyone else out there with an opinion or view on this?

rjvw,

I believe that you are accurate as to your assessment that it is possible that the smaller session combined with your success with propecia is triggering the early growth. There are a number of factors such as blood flow, doctors precision, individuals personal characteristics etc., but hey who cares--the hairs are coming. Best of growth to ya.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Sounds like your sprouting early RJVW....................I'll be the next month or two will really be exciting for you. I'll be anxious to see your updates, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about a week short of 3 months. In person my hairline appears darker and I definitely look like better in room lighting. It's still gonna be months before I see big changes.

RJ,

I just hit 3 months exactly myself, not much visible growth yet but its nice to know good things are just around the corner.

I am sure you and I will see some big changes in the next couple months!

It has sucked looking in that mirror for signs of new growth. We need to wake up those resting follicles!!

NoBuzz

rj-

You're just approaching what will likely be the turning point for you icon_smile.gif. Once the growth starts, it takes just a little while to start seeing a true cosmetic change. I'm sure the next couple of months will be very "hairy" for you! icon_cool.gif

Hang in there, bro!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Nobuzz - Hang in there. Hairer days ahead for both of us.

Hairbank - Thanks for your support. It's really been appreciated.

Neptune- Before you know it you'll be shopping for a new comb and complaining about having to use muse and hairspray.

It's amazing what just a little change can do for your ego. Can't wait for next month. I'll post new photos then.

• 4 weeks later...

Four months has gone by really fast. I can't believe the changes and how subtle they've been. Looking back at the summer of 2006 photos then looking at todays.... whoa .........what a difference and I've only just started to really grow. Thanks to Dr. Epstein. The next two months should really be exciting. I'm hoping to fill in from the side view.

I'll keep on posting photos once a month. I hope they are helpful.

Yep, definitely a lot of growth going on there. 4 months is just the beginning.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Lookin' good, RJ...............everything seems to be starting to come in. The next couple of months could prove very "hairy" for you. Thanks for the update.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks guys. I couldn't be happier with my results. I'm at the point where I'm starting to feel a difference when I comb my hair. It's kinda exciting.

Only regret I have is not doing it sooner. Believe me, all you guys will be thinking the same thing when you see new results. It's been a great experience.

Outstanding! Great to see this kind of growth so early and, as Bill said, you have so much left to see happen you gotta be thrilled! I have a feeling the pics over the Summer are going to be exciting. Keep us posted!

• 5 weeks later...

5 month update. I've stopped Propecia because of the side effects. Just not worth it for me. I am expecting my hair to thin out now that I'm Propecia free. As for my current status my hair looks great. In indoor lighting it looks much fuller and you can see a big difference compared to this time last year. I'm still thin but thats ok because you can't see all the way through. It looks natural and I look better.

I've posted updated photos but good luck finding them with this new photo format. It's a shame. The old system was great.

rjvw,

5 months pictures is much improved over your 4 month pictures. You still have a way to go yet as 5 months is also early.

I don't think I noticed this before, but is it just me or is the scar placed a little high? There is a picture you posted of your scar at 2 months, and I'm not sure if it's just the picture or not, but it appears that the scar might be a bit above the safe zone. Do you have any pictures that could illustrate this better?

Bill

Hey Bill,

I've been lucky. I've had a lot of growth over the first 5 months. And like you said its still early.

I'm not sure what the safe zone is but I can tell you that my scar is almost gone. It's nothing more than a faint line. I'll post a few photos later.