Dr. Pistone session for February (PICS JUST ADDED)

dhuge67

Hey dhuge....if it matters. I went ahead with initial bad results, not at 20, and never tried propecia. My brother opted for patience and propecia and no surgery and the stuff caught fire for him. His hair is so damn thick it makes me sick. With those kind of results, even if it only occurs in 10%, I would give it a try.

Especially being into the workout thing. Shave it and do the Vin Diesel thing. Most girls will think you look bold and awesome. Just a thought. Even if the propecia works, keep shaving. Even though I'm on my way to nice hair, I'd give 50K to be able to just shave it, scar free and let the sun tan my scalp. It would be beautiful. Not that hair isn't nice, but shaved, tan, buff, abs, nothing like it.

That's how it is here in Vegas and Hollywood. Maybe PA is different.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D,

I did find some reviews of Dr. Pistone on www.hairlosshelp.com. Only a few, but that's better than nothing. He appears to do quality work from the little we know about him. I don't think anyone says he is not. The key is that no one should go into a hair transplant with ANY doctor without being fully informed of every aspect of it and any possible negative consequences. Beleive me, there are possible negative consequences. Just look for Mahair's posts.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Yes, I am going to talk to the doctor honestly and be straightforward with him. If I he can not assure me that this procedure will work out well for me, I am prepared to walk away. I'll even lose the deposit if I have to, as $3,250 can be replaced and a messed up head cannot be.

Thanks for all of the help guys, you've been fantastic.

Chris

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

D-- We all share your pain, my brother--- Welcome to the real world!!! You are now ready to begin a REALISTIC treatment program that is best for YOU. I am 29 and after 4 months of my 1st HT, I have a hairline for the first time in 5 years!!! I had James Dean and Jonny Bravo hair all rolled into one icon_biggrin.gif, so I know exactly how you feel. I spent most of my twenties with a shaved head. Let me tell you I would not change anything about the way I am treating my hairloss. I researched for almost 2 years, losing hair and not responding to Propecia. Only after that, did I seek the best surgeons and procede.

Oh and another thing, while I dated some of the hottest girls I have ever seen, I met my fiancee while I was bald, and she is the best looking of them all. At some point you have to realize that we do this simply for ourselves. Any other reason, and it is not the right move.

Anyway, I empathize with you, and will be available to answer any questions to the best of my ability. Good Luck, and stay informed!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by the B spot:

D-- We all share your pain, my brother--- Welcome to the real world!!! You are now ready to begin a REALISTIC treatment program that is best for YOU. I am 29 and after 4 months of my 1st HT, I have a hairline for the first time in 5 years!!! I had James Dean and Jonny Bravo hair all rolled into one icon_biggrin.gif, so I know exactly how you feel. I spent most of my twenties with a shaved head. Let me tell you I would not change anything about the way I am treating my hairloss. I researched for almost 2 years, losing hair and not responding to Propecia. Only after that, did I seek the best surgeons and procede.

Oh and another thing, while I dated some of the hottest girls I have ever seen, I met my fiancee while I was bald, and she is the best looking of them all. At some point you have to realize that we do this simply for ourselves. Any other reason, and it is not the right move.

Anyway, I empathize with you, and will be available to answer any questions to the best of my ability. Good Luck, and stay informed!!!!!

You know, I am doing this for myself; for the way I feel and the way I go about my life. I just want to have my hair back...as simple as that sounds, it's obviously something very hard to deal with and to treat.

I'm not going in to this blindly. I'm probably more in-the-know than a lot of people that have had HTs. Obviously I found this place, right? You can see that I have sought out the opinions of those who have actually experienced HTs--good and bad ones.

Next Friday, I'll talk to the doctor. I will walk away and hopefully get my deposit back, if what I find him saying heavily contradicts all of what is in this thread. If he can tell me something that makes sense and seems legit, I'll listen and might even go through with the HT. I would even walk away with a loss of $3,250 if I feel I am putting myself into a dead-end situation.

I'll let you know what happens next weekend.

If I get the HT, I'll post pics, if I don't I'll let you know what my next steps will be.

Chris

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Anyone find anything else about Pistone?

Anything further would be appreciated.

I don't know if it's safe to say that because I can't find anything BAD about him means that there hasn't been anything bad...but it seems like a good sign.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I also had to jump in on this thread here. Hey dhuge67 I think it would be wise if nothing else to have a couple consultations with other docs. I live in the Eastern PA area and travled to see Dr. Feller after other previous consultations. Dr. Feller gave me sound advise and did not pull any punches. I highly recommend traveling to Great Neck, NY and meeting him.

I am 26 years old myself and had a transplant in September with Feller. 2700 grafts out of a planned 2500 procedure. It was interesting expirence and the results are starting to show. But, I can also now see where more work will be needed which is not a surprise because Feller told me this would be the case.

Don't rush into getting this done! I would simply postpone with Pistone for awhile and get free consultations with Feller and True/Dorin which are both up the Jersey turnpike in NY if you live in east PA. If they give the same info that Pistone did then rock on and get the transplant. You might even decide to go with someone else instead!

In conclusion I feel your pain as far as being young and bald. Its a raw deal but at least you know there are answers. Just make the right decision and in the end it will pay off. Pistone might be the next Feller or Hasson/Wong but also could be a Bosley reject *shudders*

Thanks for the advice.

Any more Pistone info, anyone...anything? :/

Here are better pics of me...taken minutes ago.

http://homepage.mac.com/chrisd7/PhotoAlbum36.html

http://homepage.mac.com/chrisd7/PhotoAlbum37.html

Password: Pistone

Image-8914209C908B11DA.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

Image-4AD57FB4908A11DA.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I don't want to burst your bubble but most reputable hair transplant docs would tell a 20 year old with your type of hair loss to try Propecia for at least a year. Dr. Bernstein, a very well-respected and reputable HT doc, states that he sees many young men in their 20s who want a hair transplant. He advises against a hair transplant and tells them to come back in a year. After a year, many come back to his office and they don't need a transplant because the Propecia has worked so well.

Why don't you at least give Propecia a chance for a year. I am in my late 40's and I started taking Propecia one year ago. I had a large bald spot in my crown. That bald spot has filled in and my hair is getting thicker in the crown and on top. If if works that well for me at 40 something, think what it may do for you.

Why don't you at least consult with Dr. Bernstein, Drs.True and Dorin or Dr. Feller to at least get a second opinion? Theya re not very far from PA. What do you have to lose?

Originally posted by JW:

What do you have to lose?

More hair?

I'm pretty much planning on getting the HT and just going with an unaggressive plan.

I'm not going to add much to the hairline, in case of future receding. I'll have it filled in slightly on the receded parts, but most of my donor hair should go to the middle of my hair..where future loss will occur.

Of course, I will get on Propecia ASAP.

Chris

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Feb 3

Dr. Pistone

Actually had 1,619 FUs.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 years later...

dhuge, who ignored so much good advice, had his HT not turn out as others warned might happen.

I am not pointing fingers cuz I did the same thing myself over 10 years ago (I too thought his credentials were top notch and they were but he was a butcher and a charlatan)

This thread should be referred to for anyone who thinks they can ignore the advice of those who know better. Pistone sounds like he is all hat, no cattle.