Any experiences with Dr Katona of Medical Hair Restoration in Chicago

I an speaking to one of Katonas Victims now,He was told by him that he would never go bald(he was 24 with no hairloss)that this was the best time for him to do it, and rushed him into the chair.Real nice fella.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I had a procdure done by Dr. Katona. Read my post listed under rsanders36, "I've already had one procedure but now you've scared me". Initially, I felt I did all my homework and research over a 6 month period. Dr. K made me feel the most comfortable. However, looking back now, I do feel that Dr. Katona misled me. I had the Dr. here in STL who also works for MHR tell me that even right now my hair is too dense for a transplant. Ive lost a significant amount of hair since the transplant. So if my hair is too dense now, without question it was then. I have much less hair now than I did before the transplant. Dr. K told me I'd definitely notice a difference (in a positive way). However, he never told me the risk of shock loss and that is exactly what he caused me to have. He never should have placed the grapsh in the area he did. Read my posts as there is a lot of info in there explaining what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a procedure done by him a year and 4 months ago. He was very quick to get me in the chair. I was not happy with the results after about 1500 graphs. I told him it looked like peach fuzz and it was not the density he had promised. I would NEVER go back to him. I flew from Kansas to see him in Chicago. When I asked to have my prcedure reviewed, seeing as they have a guarantee that the hair will grow, they grew angry and yelled at me. This was done by one of their supervisors on two different occasions. I was in shock. I spent almost $5,000 and was left with a feeling of remorse. Now I am looking for a Dr. who can fulfill my expectations, at a reasonable price, no matter how far I have to drive or fly. Any recommendations?

Kansas,First off report him to the medical board in his state.He is misleading alot of people.Outline the fraud and deception he purveyed on you and his response to your concern.A few more complaints and he may get disiplined.Also there is a class action lawsuit being formed against MHR ,maybe you should get involved.Let me know if you are interested via p/m.Sorry to hear you got taken by these "people" to quote an info-mercial."This is all they do,so their good at it." As far as repair/improvement goes it is very possible with a great doctor.After doing much reasearch here you will be able to make an informed decision on that.Good luck and don't just do nothing about your first experience as the cycle of deceipt will go on otherwise.

I just checked his profile. He has been disiplined for not paying back loans and defaulting on his assistance program.

I would be VERY interested in getting involved. How do I report him to the board? Who do I need to call? Do you have an e-mail address. I am new to the boards. I didn't see a PM button anywhere.

Click my user name and you will find it there.I will give you more detailed info.Illinois has a terrible website that is hard to navigate.It is the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation website refer to Physician and you will find it.Be dilligent it is not user freindly.

Information found on:

ATTILA ARTHUR KATONA MD, 36104823, GLENVIEW, IL

Action Discipline

Start Date Discipline

End Date Description

PROBATION 05/17/2002 08/30/2004 Defaulted on Illinois Student Assistance loan.

REFUSED RENEW 03/05/2002 05/17/2002 Defaulted on Illinois Student Assistance loan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Based on this topic it would appear that this forum is not safe for sub pare surgeons. Thank God.

Thanks to the many people who have come forward in this topic to hold this doctor accountable for his actions.

Perhaps the next time a patient in the Chicago area is considering this doctor they will use this forum's "Find" feature and enter his name and be saved a good deal of grief.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi guys

I went to Dr. True in NY. He was very honest and actually suggested I get less grafts than I was looking for due to shock loss. He told me it would probably take 2 procedures for me to get where I wanted to be. It's been 5 months and I am SUPER happy. Trust me , I am picky and it looks undectectable. I am looking forward to my next 5 months of growth and a 2nd procedure

I have heard nothing but good things about True & Dorin but don't take my word, do some research

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

This is a great thread with some awesome information being presented by Mahair and others. Kansas, by you and others coming forward with negative experiences, you could be (and most likely are) preventing current and future readers of this thread some real grief.

You guys make this forum live and breathe with your input. Thanks a million, guys.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog