Positive Effects of Propecia/Rogaine

Janna

I mentioned on "One Year Effects" from Propecia and Rogaine foam of seeing Dr. M. Collin's many patients who had positive effects from the two meds. These photos are courtesy of his clinic.

9411072263_6370656D48EF3AAA87A5EC3814B58116.jpg.thumb 8411072263_4A4DA6A19044F4491D6E913D0D6D0A21.jpg.thumb 7411072263_A3B49D88B4F7357DB108D723B514E010.jpg.thumb 6411072263_8EB34F4A4234C7B8504222B8506DF793.jpg.thumb 5411072263_242B42D1B832B838780C8511FFE76E07.jpg.thumb 4411072263_47463316EEE3C0F06B4D120A01CA3FED.jpg.thumb 3411072263_6D3FCA4B2FCAF0004C5F8E5F8FDA670E.jpg.thumb

Janna,

Thanks for posting these.

This is very encouraging and the very reason why starting with non surgical hair loss treatments (combining Propecia and Rogaine) should often be the first line of defense against hair loss.

Hair transplant surgery can be great, but it does nothing to combat the hair loss problem.

In my opinion, these cases are not the norm, but certainly they exist. Typically however, they are both pretty good at slowing down or stopping the progression of male pattern hair loss.

Cheers,

Bill

Janna, these were all achieved after 1 year use of propecia combined with rogaine foam? I had been using propecia and 5% rogaine for 12 mths with no regrowth. In fact i may still have lost some hair in the hairline. However, I switched to Xandrox 12.5% (12.5% minox combined with azelic acid from DR. Lee), anyway my crown has filled in nicely and i am getting some regrowth on the hairline with this combo after only 2mths.

So just pointing out that it may be worth others trying the higher strength minox if they are not getting the results they had hoped for with the foam.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

Gazza,

I can't say with 100% certainty that they are all results of 1 year usage, however, I recall Dr. Collins saying majority of them are effects of 1 year. I have few examples from Dr. Collin's studies going into 24 months. Maybe someone can shed light on how I can go about posting couple pics on this thread where I can display the pictures automatically instead having to click to view them? Bill!

Is there anyway to document your results with the new regimen, Gazza? I'm glad there are alternatives when propecia and rogaine are not able to have positive effect.

Janna,

You can use the image URL icon to embed images into the body of your posts. The images however, have to be hosted somewhere else first.

For example, now that all of the images are in the photo album above, I could copy the URL of the photo and use the image URL icon to embed all of the photos into the body. You just have to copy and paste the URL of the photo in the box provided after you click on the image logo.

I hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Bill

Wow, those are great pictures of regrowth, thanks for posting these, those pictures are almost too good to be true. I would hope that I regain some regrowth anywhere near what some of those patients have. Not using the foam but I plan on switching over to this after I've given the liquid version of Minoxidil at least a year's use.

Thanks Bill for the instructions. I'll give it a try.

Good luck Wylie!!!