post HT with Dr. Wong

vik0809

Hi everyone,

I've visited this forum a couple of times, but was never an active member. Just underwent a HT with Dr. Wong (2900)grafts to the crown and mid- frontal scalp !!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=653

Am nervous about washing the hair and applying the antibiotic ointmnt on the reciepient area since its been only 2 days, but am sure Dr. Wong knows his stuff !!

Was a great experience overall, Dr. Wong and his staff are really awesome !!!

btw, when do scabs start to appear & how about the itching ?

Hi everyone,

I've visited this forum a couple of times, but was never an active member. Just underwent a HT with Dr. Wong (2900)grafts to the crown and mid- frontal scalp !!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=653

Am nervous about washing the hair and applying the antibiotic ointmnt on the reciepient area since its been only 2 days, but am sure Dr. Wong knows his stuff !!

Was a great experience overall, Dr. Wong and his staff are really awesome !!!

btw, when do scabs start to appear & how about the itching ?

vik0809,

Congratulations on joining the REAL hair club for men! Dr. Wong is a first-rate surgeon and you were truly in good hands.

As the recipient incision area heals, scabs will form. Be careful with the grafts the first few days and make sure you follow Dr. Wong's immediately postoperative instructions on washing your hair and everything else. As the area heals, it will itch. It can start itching as early as a day or two after surgery.

I look forward to seeing your pictures and following your progress. I encourage you to create a hair loss weblog to share your experience and photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

I had some itching sensations earlier on, and some report them at around 2-3 days post-op but I remember them most at being 10-12 days out, right before I had my staples removed. Scabbing I recall having around the time you are at and it persisted for about 5 days; it was extremely minor, though, which I attribute to assiduous cleansing. Definitely follow Wong's instructions to a "T" regarding washing the donor and recipient -- don't be too nervous.

Look forward to your pics!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I second Bills comments,well done and that amountvof grafts in your crown will produce a great result.

Its good to see crown pictures as this is my concern as well.

Heal and grow well as it will be great to see your grown out results.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

thankx people for ur comments !!!

Will add pics 2 my blog as the days go by ..

Am going 2 try and not use aloe or other topical aids on the recipient area, lets see how that goes...

vik0809.7898738473837383372339273938393783..339,

CONGRATS!

You chose a world class doc and should expect the results to follow suit!

How was your hair loss on top?

Just out of curiosity, is that the most grafts you could get, or perhaps that is all you needed, or were there any other issues restricting this?

It looks like that is all you needed anyway, but it's hard to tell because we can't see the top. I always ask this just out of curiosity anyway as I like to know about laxity avgs...

Keep us posted!

oh yeah, what do you have against aloe or other healing aids? icon_confused.gif

hey notgoing2gobald !!

just updated by blog with a pic shot from the top..hope that gives u an idea !!

as u can tell, quite some hair loss on top !!

graft count was suggested by Dr. Wong !!

Also, am being realistic and did not want to pack the crown too much ! Am ok with some thinning in the crown as long as the top/front are covered ...

hehe...nothing against aloe ! dr. wong had recommended I not use any aids for a week !, but was his suggestion and nothing written in stone !!