Dhuge Update (with 6-month pics now)

I'm about 6 months post op (August 3rd) and 5.5 months on Propecia without a total halting of loss. I'm kind of bummed out, and hoping that the Propecia kicks in, because it's aggrivating to still see hair falling out...as for the transplant - I don't think i'll know about the cosmetic result for 3-4 months still.

I'll post pics on the 3rd. As for now, I'm just hoping Propecia begins to work for me soon.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm about 6 months post op (August 3rd) and 5.5 months on Propecia without a total halting of loss. I'm kind of bummed out, and hoping that the Propecia kicks in, because it's aggrivating to still see hair falling out...as for the transplant - I don't think i'll know about the cosmetic result for 3-4 months still.

I'll post pics on the 3rd. As for now, I'm just hoping Propecia begins to work for me soon.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hang in there buddy.. I am also little bummed out with my progress so far. But you know what, there's nothing we can do but wait. Post some pictures when you get a chance so we can see what you're talking about.

KG

Dhuge

Keep the faith.. & months isn't long enough to judge either. Regarding Propecia, you probably are experiencing Shedding of the hair so the new hairs will most likely grow in stronger. The HT will take roughtly 7 months until you notice cosmetic results ( at least it did for my 2).. Give everything a year and then judge the end result

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Dhuge,

I wish you luck, you had very high expectations and everyone tried to lower them for this very reason. Many of us are in our late 30-40s and have fought the same battle you have and are trying to share our experiences.

The propecia will take a year or more to work, and the HT won't reveal the true results till about a year or more. I truly rarely believe anything photos I see since most guys who have tremendous early results had little hair loss to begin with and basically its their own hair growing back in the 3-5 month window.

The good news is, with your enthusiasm, you will win! However, I think you now see there are very few fast successes. I have been mentally struggling with whether or not to go for a second HT for a year now.

Best of luck

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Greeting, I too am at the 6 month mark (a few days shy) and can tell you it is not what I expected at 6 months. I hope that there is lots more to come, BUT I have seen probably the biggest difference in the last month. I too have been on Fast for about 6 months. I am starting to see hair coming out again so don't know if it is a second shed, or what. I just wanted to let you know I am in the same boat as well. I guess the bottom line is not much I can do about either. I am going to go ride my motorcycle and enjoy it.

I had my HT on 2-8-06. 1500 with Dr. Cooley and he is a great person who takes his work seriously. He was honest with me up front and told me I wouldn't see alot of growth at the 6 month mark. About the 4 month mark is when I started to notice growth, but time is going by so fast the before you know it a year will be up and by then it should be close to full growth. So I'm excited and glad I made the committment b/c it'll be totally worth it. No one every even noticed that I had one. Of course I where a hat alot, but alot times I don't and nobody ever said anything. Not even my eye doctor noticed anything when he had me take off my hat so I could look in the (whatever you call it) to examine my eyes and that was about 8-10 days after my HT. The lady who cuts my hair didn't even know until I told her. You go Dr.Cooley! So be patient and stay on the propecia or proscar whichever and glta.

I definitely have growth coming, and I'm better than where I started, for sure. I think that a year will tell the tale, but for now it's just not one of these AMAZING results I've seen people post about.

Propecia is helping to stop loss though, I think, maybe not completely yet but it may be slowing. My hair is grown out for the first time in over a year and it doesn't seem quite as thin as it was before I started shaving it.

I went for my first haircut in a year (I had been buzzing myself) and the hairdresser had no clue that I had toppik in the top...I just told her "nothing off the top or front, just the sides and back with scissors." That turned out well and it looks pretty full when I use concealers.

I'm still back and forth on what to do about cutting it. I think I'll leave it growing through 12-14 months post op and evaluate the results. If it looks like crap, I'll cut it close and start talking to some doctors. In any case, I'm going to keep up my routine with Propecia, Nizoral, and research.

I figure, by the time I'm 25-26, I'll be about ready for my second procedure and I might even have a small one for the hairline (from a Top-doc) within the next 2 years, as well. We'll see...

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

back_1.jpg As, you can see, a full and thick-looking donor supply. No sign of surgery there, thank goodness.

Btw, I now weigh 160 lbs from 172 at the date of the surgery.

With concealer in: n9302560_32622691_1007.jpg

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Guest bro66

I'm at my 7th month and expected more growth at this point too. I've been seeing the most growth in the last 2 - 3 weeks, and the donor scar has finally started filling in more. icon_rolleyes.gif

huh guys this is very discouraging.i expected to see good amounth of regrowth at 6 months mark!

i have HT in 2 days!

only thing i worry is shock loss,i dont mind if i need to wait 6 or 10 months for regrowth,but if i have shock loss of my existing hair and have to wait 6 months just to see any improvement then i will be really mad!

Hello All

Patience, patience my friends.. I think I have written the same reply for at least 6 threads. Trust me, i know what you are all going through. I'm into 7 months into my second HT and 6 months was not very encouraging during either " waiting"... BUT, trust me, the best is yet to come and the worst part is over. I always saw a cosmetic difference at 7 months.. at 10 -12 you will see a huge difference. Also, it happens so gradual many times we do not even notice.The results pics are documented so they can illustrate exact difference. Take a deep breath and just forget. enjoy the 6 months ahead!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guys, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade or anything but one of two things could be happening here:

1) You may just be a slow responder and the growth has not really "jump started" yet. However, at 6 months, it's pretty usual to have about 50% or maybe a little more growth. However, no matter what you read from the hypists on other forums a HT can take up to 18 months to fully mature.

2) You may be realizing the reality of hair transplants. You simply cannot create the exact density of what was there before. Of course, I don't know what your exact situations are or how mentally prepared you were for the procedure and it's results or even who your doctors were so I can only speculate. However, no matter what you hear about "grafts per sq. cm" this and "dense, full hair lines" that, the reality is that nature is the true "dense packer."

This is certainly not to say that physicians aren't packing them in! Today's techniques mimick nature to the point that an ideal candidate with a fully mature hair transplant should have no problem in achieving his/her goals.

If you are at the 6 or 7 month mark and aren't seeing the growth you expected, sit back and take a look at a few of the pics of yourself from pre-op. Take a realistic approach to your determination. If, after that, you still think that you are not achieving the growth you were expecting, why not shoot your doc an email and let him/her know your concerns? He/she may be able to offer some insight or (if you are close) have you come in for a look.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by dhuge67:

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

Just so I'm straight, the three photos above this text is right now at 7 months post-op? And the one below this text was directly post op and the last one is current also?

Originally posted by dhuge67:

IMG_3989.jpg

back_1.jpg As, you can see, a full and thick-looking donor supply. No sign of surgery there, thank goodness.

Btw, I now weigh 160 lbs from 172 at the date of the surgery.

With concealer in: n9302560_32622691_1007.jpg

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Yeah, except I'm not even 6-months post op til August 3. And it is pretty wet in those top pics.

The ones below are current, with dermmatch. Also, the camera has a wildly powerful flash which may white out the finer hairs that add fullness in reality.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Ty:

Is that Topik in the "concealer" photo?

I always use a mixture of both Toppik and Dermmatch.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog