Informercial

uncjim

Dr.DiStefano is running an informercial in my area, which is New England. This is the first from the recommended list that I have seen. I'm not sure at what point I turned it on, but I actually ended up turning it off, which is a huge deal for me. How many times can you see the same guy driving in his convertable with the top down and the same musician lavishing praise on his experience. It's kind of funny, but after I turned off the T.V., I felt compelled to go out and buy an Ronco rotisserie.

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Dr.DiStefano is running an informercial in my area, which is New England. This is the first from the recommended list that I have seen. I'm not sure at what point I turned it on, but I actually ended up turning it off, which is a huge deal for me. How many times can you see the same guy driving in his convertable with the top down and the same musician lavishing praise on his experience. It's kind of funny, but after I turned off the T.V., I felt compelled to go out and buy an Ronco rotisserie.

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

When I consulted with Dr. DiStefano, and his salesman, last fall, I was sure he was the right one for me. However, I remember them mentioning that they were working on an infomercial and I distinctly remember serious doubt creeping into my brain. Makes you wonder why Doctors would rely on mass marketing efforts to solicit business. I'm glad I hesitated and did some more research and found this site, and other sites. I now know who the top Doctors are and why. I've also seen lots of HT experiences related here. Of course, you do have to be careful and not necessarily trust everything you read or hear, including infomercials.

I completely agree with arfy.

Top docs advertise through educating others freely, post-op picts, and referrals and recommendations from others.

Infomercials sell a fantasy. You should be sold on the realization of what can and cannot be done in your individual case.