5 weeks post op and have a question

just at the 5 week mark and didn't lose nearly as much of the graphs as i thought i would. my head has looked better then the pre HT days since day one.

i have lost some graphs but in the last 2-3 days i have started to notice a large number of very small stubbley hairs which seem to be new and just starting to sprout.a lot of these are fair in colour and some darker.

my question is to those more knowledgable members. whats going on? i am not expecting any of this at such an early stage. any thoughts?

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

just at the 5 week mark and didn't lose nearly as much of the graphs as i thought i would. my head has looked better then the pre HT days since day one.

i have lost some graphs but in the last 2-3 days i have started to notice a large number of very small stubbley hairs which seem to be new and just starting to sprout.a lot of these are fair in colour and some darker.

my question is to those more knowledgable members. whats going on? i am not expecting any of this at such an early stage. any thoughts?

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Originally posted by Spursman:

Sorry the state the obvious but maybe its your exsisting hair?

didn't have any existing hair there for at least the last 7 years icon_smile.gif

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

Irish Homer,

Either your unusually lucky or your shedding is starting late (knock on wood)!!. I remember another poster claiming that he still had most of the grafts after a few weeks. He reposted a week or 2 later and said nevermind most of the hair shed in the end.

So I guess stay happy with what you got, but dont be too disappointed if they start shedding late - like everyone else icon_smile.gif.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

IH,

That's a tough one! Just curious, are you using Propecia or Minoxidil? Usually HT hairs that sprout are pretty thin and wispy looking. Shocked hair comes back more like stubble but that doesn't sound like a possibility here because you had no hair there. Everyone's different......maybe your new HT hair is coming in thicker than most?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

hi bank,

using a few drugs etc as you can see on my posts also taking vitmain C as dr. advised it MIGHT help with healing and i just kept taking it. there are some thin fair hairs also and there is more stubbly dark hairs then when i first posted this trend.

my pics under irish homer will show you the extent of my baldness. Curious indeed icon_smile.gif

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

Sheesh.......I guess I could have looked at your sig to figure out your current regimen! icon_biggrin.gif

When did you start taking Fin?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

My second HT was like that too. I did not lose that many grafts as they just did not fall out.. This confuses me as well cuz now I don't know wat to expect regarding results in the next year ( I'm almost at 6 months)

J

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Are you guys serious?

Have people have had HT's where most of their transplanted hair still remains? does this mean you didnt have to wait the 3 months to start seeing results?

Irish Homer can you keep us updated with what happens, sending pictures would be even better icon_smile.gif

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006