Coping with the Pain of Female Hair Loss

Though hair loss is typically seen as mostly a male problem, almost 30 million women in the United States alone suffer from some kind of hair loss.

In reading through the latest "hair loss news" on the web, I found this interesting article that is worth a read.

Though the article is focused mostly on women, I feel that men can also relate to the emotional impact of hair loss and suggestions discussed in this article.

The article can be found here: http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-...th-pain-of-hair-loss.

Thoughts?

Best wishes,

Bill

Very good article about female hair loss. I think women have one advantage when it comes to hair loss, and that is women can wear a wig with no stigma or ridicule and a piece for a woman seems to be undetectable.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

sorry but i dont buy it.

there is no generalisation on how stressful hair loss is to a particular gender.

hair loss is.....traumatic.....for.....anyone....at first.

some people get over it and find a simple solution and think nothing further of it.

other people, men and women, greatly fear a loss of sexual and social opportunity which they percieve to be essential to a satisfactory life.

you cant blame anyone for thinking this and it is not irrational if THEY think so.

if anyone thinks their whole life is in jeopardy then the amount of stress is astronomical regardless of gender.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

• 5 months later...

As a woman who is (trying) to cope with my hair loss, I would be inclined to agree with Dr. Mejia, but I would imagine that for many men, the loss is just as deep.

I've recently acquired a great collection of hats, which I can't take off because I'd have "hat head" - so far, that works in most circles.

I have been using an all-natural Hair Remedy for about a month so far. I am hoping it will work, but of course, it takes time.

It's nice to have found a place to vent.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not expert at ALL in this area!!!! I just want to say, that my mother is loosing her from Hormone problems.. She was told by her doctor that it is not FPB..

Please ask your doctor but...

She takes mens minox and in her rare case.. She does get a result.. The aggitation (Severe) is worth it to her!! I do not wish this on any of my enemies, which are none to few...

God bless and good luck to you women reading this.. If you have any questions email this profile.. I am not experienced enough but my mother is fighting this daily..

Yomommyz icon_smile.gif

• 2 months later...