What do i Need.

JO20

I was wondering what i need. I am having a HT this summer. Does anybody know of a good docter in the michigan area. How long do you have to wait after your HT to lift weights. Thanks for the info.

Head_2.jpg.7d5e8591dd6506b652baa978c2e21f4a.jpg

I was wondering what i need. I am having a HT this summer. Does anybody know of a good docter in the michigan area. How long do you have to wait after your HT to lift weights. Thanks for the info.

JO20,

Michigan is so close to MN-- probably a 30min flight and Dr. Shapiro is one of the best-- I would recommend him as he did a GREAT job on my hairline.

Also, 4 weeks after HT you can lift weights, but dont go with real stresfull lifting as your donor scar can stretch for up to 6 months (so do more reps than max types of lifts and you will be fine)

Oh i c how it works. I plan on growing my hair long so i am not a concernd about my scare as most. How much (grafs) do u guys think i will need fom my pictures.

JO2O,

I would agree with Smoothy, check out Dr Shapiro in MN. You absolutely won't find a better HT doc anywhere. I've been to him twice all the way from Alabama, and I could go to anyone. Of course he has guys to come see him from all over the country and Europe. You won't be sorry!

Im not sure if i will need that much. Beacuse my hair is do blonde it looks far worse then it is because of how short my hair is and because my hair lets light threw far easyer then dark hair. Here is a better picture of the top of my head.

Head_4.jpg.8168c602229788b41425058204d71109.jpg

Hey Jo, personally.....

being that you have youth on your side.....I don't think your hair is really such an issue.

I mean, how you feel personally about it is certainly understandable.....but...

On the flip side.....if you are showing any true signs of hairloss, from the pics it looks very minimal....that's my opinion.

Maybe you should consider holding out...keep in mind, just as you said....sometimes blondes have the tendency to have a little more light coming through which may make the hair seem finer than some darker heads of hair.....

Your temples look fine to me...nothing I myself, would be concerned about.

The pics aren't so great....maybe you can get some better ones to represent your situation a bit better?

Have you always had this issue....I mean feeling as though you were losing your hair and wanted to do something about it? To me, it seems from those images, that most men who are really far into balding/thinning...would kill for a head of hair like that.

I myself would just rather be blonde! ha! icon_cool.gif

Nah im not on any meds. My hair has been stable for about a year now. My dads hair did the samething at my age. He still looks like he has a full head of hair but his is black and curly so u cant tell. I just need ht so it fills in what i lost so i can frow my hair longer. why dont anybody with HT have long hair ive seen. does it not grow well or what

JO20- if you do not need at least 1500 grafts, I would wait to get a HT until further hairloss warrants at least 1500-- get a consult. Many including Shapiro does intital consults via email/web/phone-- give them a call to get an honest opinion.

Oh i c. What does 1500 grafs cost from Shapiro Medical Clinic. I have sent them some pictures and they want me to send them some more. I am prettysure i will need about 1300 to 1500 grafs. On there website it says there grafs cost around $5 each. They also say that the price will go down for travel expences for travel. Do i live far enuff away (michigan) to get it down to $4.50 or $4.

Jo20, I'm a little late getting into this discussion because I wasn't on linte for the past week. But I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and I have no complaints at all. Dr's True and Dorin did my HT in Manhatten. I've got 2605 futs and my cost was $3.60/fu. They knocked off $1,000.00 because I took a someone elses reschedule date that opened up. I had a nomths notice so I could scedule my affairs. All said though, I agree with the others...do you really need it that bad?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES yES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. Im geting it done. Thats not what Im asking. Dont waist pst by asking me that. I see what i see and i think i need it and that is the only thing that matters. Now can someone answer the questions i have ansked.

I live between Jackson and Battle Creek.

one more question also. When u do decied to get HT after consultation, how long does it usaly take to get in. Im most likly going to Shapiro.

Originally posted by JO20:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES yES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. Im geting it done. Thats not what Im asking. Dont waist pst by asking me that. I see what i see and i think i need it and that is the only thing that matters. Now can someone answer the questions i have ansked.

JO20,

These guys aren't asking you these questions or letting you know their opinions to annoy you. These guys have been through the same thing you have and have seen what kind of disaster can happen when one rushes into a hair transplant surgery. There is no reason for the hostility.

After all, if I am not mistaken, it is because of the advise from forum members that you have already changed your mind on physicians. Noone is giving you bad advise - it may not be what you want to hear, but they have every right to give it as you have to ask for it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by JO20:

Another pic

You should be going for minimum 2500 grafts.

The question is what will you do when you lose more hair. The head's donor hair are limited in number.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

Ya, your right forum moderater. My bad. But I am starting to get confused. I have people telling me do u even need it and then i have people telling me i should go for 2500 minumum. THis sounds like a lot of grey area in there. I feel like people are looking at 2 diff pictures.

I definitely understand your confusion. There's not a lot of grey area - there's enough grey area to cover a few football fields. The field of hair transplantation is rife with misinformation, false promises, and misleading patient photographs. That is the reason these forums exist - so actual patients and hair loss sufferers can help guide each other and watch each others' backs. We all have the same goal in mind and we all have similar interests.

There have been many young guys - guys younger than you - that have been taken advantage of by less-than-ethical hair transplant physicians. They get misleaded by doctored "after" photos or "after" photos of work that was not performed by the physician that they were going to (yes! this sketchy tactic is still being used!).

They are taken in, filled with hope that their affliction will now be over, only to find that the tiny sessions that they underwent has done more harm than good. The small area that few hundred grafts filled looks unnatural and the shock loss that resulted from it made it look ten times worse than before. So what does the misinformed patient do? He schedules another appointment for another surgery. It's a vicious cycle without a happy ending. Precious donor area hairs are wasted. Scar tissue builds up. There can be pitting and cobblestoning occuring in the recipient area - the list goes on and on. That's not even mentioning the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS wasted chasing the elusive hair.

THIS is why it is important to pick a truly great physician the first time around.

Now, the reason most are cautious about hair transplants for younger guys is that your hair loss is not stabilized. Think of this: you go and get a large session that gives you your teenage hairline back. Your hairloss is continous. That isn't a maybe. It is. A few years down the road you start to recede behind all of those grafts. You can argue that you will just go back in for another procedure, but sooner or later you WILL run out of donor hair. Simple math will bring you to the conclusion that there isnt enough hair that can be excised from the small "sweet spot" on the back of your head to fill the entire top - it just cannot be done.

My advice (take it or leave it): If you are dead set on pursuing a hair transplant, do yourself the favor of consulting with only the most reputable and ethical bunch of physicians that are out there. You mentioned Dr. Ron Shapiro. Well, Jo20, you cannot get anymore ethical, and reputable than Dr. Shapiro. Do a consult with him. Get his professional opinion. A reputable doctor will not perform surgery on you if it is not in your best interest. This is fact. Whatever he advises, take it to heart because it pretty much will be gospel as far as hair transplant surgery is concerned. This is your best bet at coming to a conclusion that you will be able to live with today and 30 years from today.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks for all that good information. Will the hair transplant cause hair to come out from shock that would have never came out. I will defintly take your advise and send Dr Shapiro the pictures he requested from me and see what he has to say about them. I do realy hope he will help me out. I dont want to wear a hat till im 28 and a Docter things im ready.