Pantene Pro-V "Full & Thick"

incubus99,

I don't think I have any room left with any shampoo products other than Nizoral 2% and Nioxin used alternatively every day. I use those shampoos as they seem the best to combat scalp DHT and help with the Minoxidil 'itch'. For thickness I will resort to concealers like dermatch and toppik.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

This stuff is freakin AWESOME! I started using it because I always had fairly coarse hair in my 20s, but once I started having kiddos, the texture of my hair changed a little after each pregnancy, becoming a little smoother and slicker after each one. Made it hard to get much volume in my hair, even though it was still quite thick. The Pantene Full & Thick seems to put more of that texture, the "grab," back into my hair. Makes it much easier to get a style with any volume to stay put. My HT doc said that it basically leaves a slight buildup on the hair (kind of like a wax, I think). I like the way it smells, too...

I always feel jealous when I see all these hair thickening shampoos, concealers and good HT doctors are available only in US. I am spending lot of money(1 USD = 44 INR) to import these products from US. You people are lucky to be there.

Ravi Vide

Hey guys -

I sometimes use Loreal Vive for hair thickening, and it works great for me. It gives me immediate thickness. I would love to use it everyday, but it makes my hair very dry and brutal which results into more shedding. Also, several doctors have advised me against using shampoos with lot of chemicals, so I try to stay away from those. For everyday use, I use Johnson's baby shampoo. But when I am going out over the weekends, I use Loreal vive. But since you guys had good experience with Pantene Pro-V ??Full & Thick', I am gonna give it a shot this weekend. I will update you guys next week on which one works better for me.

KG

• 2 weeks later...

I think its gonna take more than a week to see the results kg007..

btw.. ive never seen any Pantene Pro-V "Full & Thick" Shampoo here in my country..

whats a fad here is that "mane & tail" shampoo thats rumored to improve hair thickness dramatically..

it also has been known to fight Hair Loss amongst other problems..

The "Mane and Tail" shampoo was popular in the USA in the 80's. Everyone used it. I will have to take a look at it again...back then i did not have a hairloss problem.

I change shampoos every few weeks. I will use one then another then another then go back to the first one and so on. My hairstylist said most shampoos leave a build up and its good to change it from time to time. I use Progain shampoo, Vive, J&J Baby shampoo. I will have to try Pantene Pro-V "Full & Thick icon_smile.gif

Hi

Be careful with the VOLUMIZING shampoos. Many fry your hair to make it look thicker. I don't want fried frizzy hair.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I just got the Full and Thick stuff last Friday, and I can already tell the difference.

I've tried thickening shampoos before and they have seriously damaged my hair. However, I think that if you alternate using Full and Thick with some moisturizing shampoo daily, you'll be fine.

yupp... I agree. If I use L'rear Vive everyday, i would go bald in couple of weeks as I lose a lot of hair due to dryness. Therefore, i only use it on special ocasions like when i go out over the weekends. In weekdays I use Nizoral and Johnson's baby shampoo.

kg

Nizoral can dry your hair too but I'll tell you.. Nizoral makes your hair very thick as well. It is a significant thickener. I generally use some smoothing shampoos to help de-frizz my hair. It's not always about how thick your hair is. Quality matters too but maybe it's easier for me cuz I have more hair than most.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!