Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo of the UK - Potential Coalition Membership

• Administrators

This past spring I visited Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo to observe them and their staff perform two impressive ultra refined surgeries over two days. It was apparent after watching their procedure and technique that they had successfully incorporated all of the most important recent advances in ultra refined hair transplantation. To see photos and highlights from this visit, click here.

All of their grafts are carefully trimmed under microscopes and Bessam and Nilofer create all the carefully oriented and minimally invasive graft incisions using custom cut blades that are as small as 0.7mm. Their use of small incisions enables their patients to achieve greater density in a single session, while experiencing quicker healing.

They take a team approach to the surgery with all hands on deck and working well together. Given the size and skill of the team the clinic can perform large sessions in excess of 3,000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. They typically limit themselves to one patient a day to achieve an optimal level of care.

I also had the opportunity to see some of their patients in person and their results were excellent.

In my opinion, their ultra refined technique and patient results are on pare with the top Coalition clinics in North America.

To provide this community with examples of their excellent patient results, their patient educator, Mick McHugh, posted photo albums of recent patients. I appreciate him taking the time to do this. Please feel free to view some of these patient photo albums below:

Hairline Restoration and dense packing with 2549 follicular unit grafts

One session of 2030 follicular unit grafts

Immediate post surgical images

A variety of patient photos

Both Dr. Bessam Farjo and his wife Dr. Nilofer Farjo have been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for over five years. To read their current profiles click on their names.

They both have outstanding credentials and have been very active in organizing and participating in various international hair restoration meetings. In my opinion, they are highly qualified and should be granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians . To read the Coalition membership criteria, click here .

I welcome all input and opinions regarding the potential membership of the Farjos in the Coalition.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

This past spring I visited Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo to observe them and their staff perform two impressive ultra refined surgeries over two days. It was apparent after watching their procedure and technique that they had successfully incorporated all of the most important recent advances in ultra refined hair transplantation. To see photos and highlights from this visit, click here.

All of their grafts are carefully trimmed under microscopes and Bessam and Nilofer create all the carefully oriented and minimally invasive graft incisions using custom cut blades that are as small as 0.7mm. Their use of small incisions enables their patients to achieve greater density in a single session, while experiencing quicker healing.

They take a team approach to the surgery with all hands on deck and working well together. Given the size and skill of the team the clinic can perform large sessions in excess of 3,000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. They typically limit themselves to one patient a day to achieve an optimal level of care.

I also had the opportunity to see some of their patients in person and their results were excellent.

In my opinion, their ultra refined technique and patient results are on pare with the top Coalition clinics in North America.

To provide this community with examples of their excellent patient results, their patient educator, Mick McHugh, posted photo albums of recent patients. I appreciate him taking the time to do this. Please feel free to view some of these patient photo albums below:

Hairline Restoration and dense packing with 2549 follicular unit grafts

One session of 2030 follicular unit grafts

Immediate post surgical images

A variety of patient photos

Both Dr. Bessam Farjo and his wife Dr. Nilofer Farjo have been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for over five years. To read their current profiles click on their names.

They both have outstanding credentials and have been very active in organizing and participating in various international hair restoration meetings. In my opinion, they are highly qualified and should be granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians . To read the Coalition membership criteria, click here .

I welcome all input and opinions regarding the potential membership of the Farjos in the Coalition.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

thankyou pat,i have never really known what the coalition is all about till just reading your criteria link.up to speed now.

you all know from my experience with the dr,s farjo that i am 100% behind this recommendation.

nm315 you have hit the nail on the head,this WOULD be great news for the uk,as it would give those who are thinking of a ht that confidence that they will be having 1st class work performed.as ive said before there must be a number of people who for one reason or another just cant get to the states(fear of flying etc) and must lose all hope when they hear again and again that there arent any good surgeons here.

i hope we can begin to put this stigma to bed now.

cheers paul.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Pat,

Based on your review and the ultra refined results I've seen from their clinic over thee past 6 months or so, I agree with your assessment and vote to include them into the coalition!

I would like however, to see this clinic (Mick or the doctors) remain active in our community and occasionally display their photos and details as they've been doing.

Bill

Worth checking out their website for more patient pictures and testimonials. I'm sure Pat will have made a thorough and informed decision on this. IMO the US is still the best jurisdiction to go to for a HT but Farjo are certianly raising the bar in the UK.

• Administrators

Thanks for everyones feedback and input. I'm convinced that the Farjos have met the challenges of evolving their techniques to provide truly world class and ultra refined hair transplantation.

I also want to thank Mick, the clinic's patient educator, for providing impressive evidence of the Farjos state of the art work.

I'm pleased to announce that both Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo have been granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I agree that it's great news that people in the UK have a world class choice right in their back yard.

Best regards, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

I am pleased to congratulate and welcome to Dr. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo into the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. I have been impressed with the work I've seen from them for awhile now - thanks to Balody, a few other patients, and Mick's due dilligence.

I look forward to their continued participation in our online community.

Bill

Pat,

Thank you for the endorsment and public support.As Pat has said it is possible to get top class surgery both in the UK and Europe with Dr. Jean Devroye and Dr Bijan Feriiduni.People do have a choice but if they follow similar guidelines the answers should present themselves.ie look about the market place, visit a few different clinics,use the internet as a guide for gathering information,meet and have a consultation with your actual Surgeon and be given the opportunity to meet patients to see results first hand.In my opinion HTN is without doubt the best site on the web for hair loss sufferers and we will continue to share our work and other projects we are involved in.

Mick

Bill,i appreciate your comments and look forward to many more in the coming years.

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

hi mick

can i ask why you only post on this site to promote your clinic and not on a uk forum where most potential patients will be.

there is an ever increasing number of uk patients travelling across the atlantic for a ht with the uncomfort of travelling back after surgery,sitting on a plane for 7-10 hours with staples in your head isn`t much fun.

i for one would prefer to have surgery in the uk,jump in my car and be in the comfort of my own home without anyone seeing me.

do you provide a patient contact list where you can meet patients and evaluate their results in person.

thanks

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

My hair was restored by Dr Farjo 15 years ago and part of this was improving older type surgery from the very early 1980's and it still looks pretty good for the older techniques.At a medical conference a few years ago some great doc's like Dr Shapiro and the late, great Dr Seager thought it was very good.Therefore there is no point simply because it is not indicative of modern FUT.

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Chucky,

This one is easy, its because HTN is the best.Look at the quality of the regular posters here,and all the other information available.Just because they may have had surgery at their Doctor's clinic they continually act in a non bias mode only offering genuine help for the person seeking information.If you read my comment above " be given the opportunity to meet patients to see results first hand." you will note that this is how we operate.We have quite an extensive list of patients who are happy to talk or show their results.Sometimes for logistical reasons it is not always easy to arrange.One point on this i personally feel that it is better to see someone who has had quite extensive work ,this is my view only and to me it shows a better perspective to what your Doctor is capable of.Where people choose to have surgery is of course their own choice,lets face it there are a lot of good places to choose from.One final point is that Pat Hennessey is nobody's fool,remember that he visits and evaluates literally dozens of Clinic's on an annual basis.He is a hard task master and if he says that people can get great work done in Europe then it is worth listening to him.As i have said if people don't want to come to us Belgium is only a short train ride from London.If a patient wants to go to the states or canada then the choices are great also, i mean i would not hesitate to say go to Dr Shapiro in a minute.(or of course some of the other great Doc's)Anyway chucky i hope this helps.

Mick

Chucky,

I thought I'd expand a bit on what Mick already stated.

The Hair Transplant Network is one of the most prominent resources and communities on the web. We have both excellent visibility and credibility.

Being recognized as a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians is HUGE because each hair restoration physician has met and needs to continue to meet a high level of standards, reviewed regularly by their patients, the members of this community, and Pat Hennessey (our publisher), who personally visits each clinic and evaluates them on specific criteria.

These physicians therefore consistently provide the highest level of quality patient care and state of the art hair transplantation. The Hair Transplant Network is the ONLY network that continually reviews and evaluates its recommended hair restoration physicians to ensure they are still producing high quality results.

The Coalition only admits the best of the best hair restoration surgeons into membership.

This is not to say that other hair loss resources sites don't have value. After all, as a hair loss sufferer - I found them very helpful in my research.

Bill

mick-Bill

thanks for the replies

i know this is a good forum with valued members who contribute a lot but quite a few members post on various sites and share their knowledge and experiences with a wider audience by doing so.

i asked the question as if i were you i would be posting on as many reputable forums as possible to promote my dr/clinic and make people

aware of who you are especially people in the uk or europe as i dont think there will be any americans travelling to the uk for a ht.

thanks

hi balody

there are a few good sites about

i know some sites sing the praises of certain drs with nearly every member saying how good that dr is but this is because they have had good results and want to shout about it.

this is why other patients from other drs should post their results to educate a wider audience

Pat/Bill...thx for creating this forum. i think Pat, u prob do not remember but i emailed u a long time, just bfor you created this forum and we even spoke over the phone. but i must say, its bcuz of this forum that i finally decided to have my HT as i was a non-believer...keep up the great work and education. u can see my pics on HT photos link. if anyone says the UK does not have any skilled HT docs, then they should see Farjo'S work.

great thx to all members on this forum & Dr Farjo and his team!

• Administrators

Fallenstar (shouldn't that be shootingstar?)

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the update. It's great to see that things have worked out well for you.

It's always great to be reminded of how this community can make a positive difference in peoples lives.

Best wishes, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog