blackish patch over donor area

Difficult to say without seeing pictures; I would definitely post some if you can. It sounds like it might be scabbing. Washing the recipient area, as per your doctors instructions can usually help this. What did your doctor tell you? Also, which doctor did you go to?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 2 weeks later...

first of all sorry for being late..secondly by mistake i put donor area..its over recipient area...

my doc informed me that it may be due to local anesthesia...but i m confused...i really appreciate if you plz guide me why it happen and how to manage it...

i have attached the pic

DSC00787.JPG.ac6d9cc5c25e5fa8e0dda491ae9050cb.JPG

What do you mean by your doctor couldnt satify you? Did he/she say it was normal? The pic looks fairly normal, as the scabbing does take on a dark color .. Like to hear form others?

Who was the doc?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

As a rule you are supposed to clean the recipient and donor area as much as possible for the first week or so after your op but if this mark is still there after that then you really need to speak to your Dr again.

It is probably nothing, let us know how you get on.

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

Latif Shah,

Welcome to our forum community.

I do see a black patch in the middle of your head. From the pictures, I couldn't tell you exactly what it is. It could be dried blood, or maybe the onset of a possible infection, or possibly some mild discoloration that will go away in a few days. Either way, I'd check with your physician.

The black dots under each hair graft are scabs that will eventually fall off with time and proper graft care.

I admit however, that I do not like the placement of these grafts.

From the pictures, I have made the following observations:

1. The grafts appear to be placed in coronal rows with gaps in between each row which could quite potentially create an unnatural hair growth pattern.

2. The grafts are spaced quite far apart over a larger area leaving a lack of adequate hair density for this session.

3. It is hard to tell from the picture, but it appears that there are multi-haired grafts placed in the hairline which could create a "pluggy" looking hairline.

4. It is quite possible that some, if not all, of these grafts are minigrafts containing more than 4 hairs in each recipient incision, which will create an overall "pluggy" look.

At this point, all you can do is wait it out to see how the final result turns out.

If the result isn't optimal however, I strongly encourage you to seek out a hair restoration physician who performs state of the art hair transplantation using up to date techniques.

Best wishes,

Bill

As others have said, the work looks like out dated mini grafts and is far from refined follicular units. There does seem to be multi haired grafts in the hairline and the overall density is low. Although the procedure is far from refined the good news is that we have seen many worse cases that have gone on to be repaired by one of the top drs.

There is not much you can do in the meantime but wait. Use the time wisely to appraise your options and chose a top Dr. for your next procedure and you will be much more satisfied.

Best of luck.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

What's the old saying "If you have nothing good to say..." Unfortunately, I have to speak up on this thread. The discoloration appears to be dried blood. Just a matter of time and this should resolve. The bummer is that the HT itself has been done with antiquated technique and lack of any artistry. Very likely it will produce hair, but the natural look is going to be at question. Probably going to need another procedure in future. I feel very sad having to say this.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Damn......

Sorry mate.

Please consider doing more research on this site before doing a second session, which you are assuredly going to need.

Do a search on a member named Jagdish--- his work looked very similar to yours.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.