what shampoo is good to use in the first week?

Does anyone have any idea if its ok to use head and shoulders shampoo 3 days after ht. i ve been using it, but i hear the grafts may grow thinner . is this true?

juanc

1000 grafts with dr rosanelli

1000 grafts with Dr. Peterson

1600 (july 17) with Dr. Ochs

hairlust,

Actually, I'm going to disagree with Jessica on this one. Medicated shampoo so early after a hair transplant can potentially irritate the scalp. Thus, in my opinion, it's better to use gentler shampoo the first month. Head and Shoulders is considered medicated but doesn't appear to be as much of a potential scalp irritant as Nizoral. In my opinion, give it at least a whole month before using Nizoral. You could probably use Head and Shoulders after 2 weeks.

Ultimately however, since there are varying opinions on this, be sure to follow the advice of your physician.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Additionally hairlust, it is important for you to understand that you should stay aware from any hair products that contain alcohol in it, such as hair gel etc.

take care...

H & S = Zinc pyrithione is a coordination complex of zinc used as an antifungal and antibacterial agent.

Nizoral = Ketoconazole is a synthetic antifungal drug used to prevent and treat skin and fungal infections and is sold commercially as an anti-dandruff shampoo, under brand names Perkhotal by Gepach International, and Nizoral, by Johnson & Johnson.

Jessica

HT Coordinator

Limmer HTC

Dr. Brad Limmer is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with Bill on this one, you should follow your doctor's instructions. If they are not clear, ask them to specify.

Hi! I called Dr. Ochs and he tells his patients to use graftcyte or aloe vera shampoo post op and reminds you NOT to let the water from the shower head to hit your head directly...

BTW- He does not recommend H & S, but does not mind the Nizoral.

So, please D/C the H & S.

GOOD LUCK!

Jessica

HT Coordinator

Limmer HTC

Dr. Brad Limmer is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks to all of you. I lost my post op directions when i flew back in from LA.I found them this morning! Dr. Ochs says its ok to use

johnsons baby shampoo and aloe vera. Besides this

little problem, i am very happy. its so good to

see those little sprouts of hair coming out of my dome, cant wait for final results in a year!

cheers.

juanc

1000 grafts with dr rosanelli

1000 grafts with Dr. Peterson

1600 (july 17) with Dr. Ochs

good topic, i am a little too paranoid about medicated shampoos, lotions, etc.

i wonder if a doctor/an expert can respond to this put the following in order of harmfullness ( high to low )

1. medicated and/or fragrance shampoo

2. Johnson and Johnson or the like, baby shampoo

3. Normal body soap - like Dove.

this is for the head ofcourse... does the order change with HT ?

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135