Post-op Workouts...

No bench presses where you have to arch your back and no crunches or sit ups where you have to strain your neck. Other wise you should be fine. Just to be safe though I would think you should start off with light weight on all exercises. Good luck!!!

The most important thing to avoid is flexion of the neck. This means you should not do anything that puts additional strain on your neck and back of your head. Definitely do not try to touch your chin to your chest or test to see how far you can flex your neck without having pain.

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn M. Charlesicon_biggrin.gifefinitely do not try to touch your chin to your chest or test to see how far you can flex your neck without having pain.

OMG - I wish I hadn't read that. I feel like a kid in a candy store trying to resist the urge to try this now! icon_smile.gif

I suggest keeping your workouts limited to 80% for 2 months, and only after 3 weeks.

Don't make the mistake I did and do heavy squats and deadlifts a month later.

I suspect that my somewhat large scar is the cause of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

some may call me crazy, but with doctor's permission I ran 10KM today being only 12 days post op. It felt great to get a good cardio workout after sitting on my ass for almost 3 weeks. I also did hundreds of pushups, sit-up (with my head being very neutral) and squats on Day 11. I'm probably working out at 80% of my normal intensity, but I think, hope and pray I'm safe because I'm not flexing the neck nor am I lifting any heavy weights.

I can relate megatron...I felt like a lazy slob sitting on my ass for 3 straight weeks following my HT procedure. I think you'll be fine if you stick to light --> moderate weight for the first 2 months or so. Happy growing!

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Well, running is different. While it might put pressure on the scar for a rather long interval, the stretch is very 'mild' compared to all-out squats for example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!