Growth at 2 months Possible?

Guys,

I've been waiting a few weeks to try and figure out if I have been seeing things, but I think I've had some growth from the 1.5 month mark until now, the 2 month mark.

And I'm talking about new hair that have popped through the skin. Is this possible?

Anybody else experience this?

I do acknowledge its possible that I'm seeing things - I do look at my head 10 times per day.

I will try and get some pics up tonight, but I thought I would pose the question, what is the earliest anybody has seen growth?

Thanks,

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Guys,

I've been waiting a few weeks to try and figure out if I have been seeing things, but I think I've had some growth from the 1.5 month mark until now, the 2 month mark.

And I'm talking about new hair that have popped through the skin. Is this possible?

I do acknowledge its possible that I'm seeing things - I do look at my head 10 times per day.

I will try and get some pics up tonight, but I thought I would pose the question, what is the earliest anybody has seen growth?

Thanks,

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

3 scenarios are possible:

-real growth at 1.5 month mark (not likely)

-growth from your transplanted grafts that did not shed (most likely)

-you are seeing things (likely)

you are really only look at your head 10 times a day?

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

YES, you had your FUE 3 days before me - I have new growth of the IMPLANTED hairs since there was no hair prior in the same spot.

Each person is different and the experience (or inexperience) of people on this board (or the internet) does not make up the full distribution of growth times...

Also, each hair will experience a various start time.

NO ONE has done a study on the "Time to Growth" so anyones opinion is simply anectdotal at best, thus believe what you see.

Good growing to you.

Originally posted by Abedogg:

Guys,

Thanks,

Abe

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

I noticed new growth at 2 months, so yes I believe it possible! Some of the transplanted hair grows in dark and think, but most of it is very fine.

Hopefully this means we are early growers and ahead of the curve, hope your redness has settled down some abe.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Abe/Petchski - my HT brothers! Class of 2009!

I'm actually in the exact same position as you. I definitely have small hairs coming through in the recipient area - but only on one side at the moment - and in a hairline area that was previously completely bald. Ages to go yet though ... but something is definitely happening ...

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

It can happen. My hairline started growing in at 5 weeks after my last procedure five years ago. I've also seen patients (VERY RARELY) that don't lose their grafts at all and they start growing immediately so growth at 1.5 months would not be unheard of. Rare, but not unheard of.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Luckily for you anything is possible. Unfortunetly, this is very rare. So for all of the patients who recently had hair transplantation or those who are considering it, I would not count on being so lucky. I have had only a few patients over the past 11 years that had similar experiences. I have had several patients that noticed some immediate growth up to 2-4 weeks after surgery, but most let me know that it then fell out. I explained to them that they had a delayed shock experience which is relatively common.

My hair seemed to look better at the two month to three month period; and I was starting to get stoked!

But, at four to five months it looked thinner. And then it seemed like it depended on the day as to how it looked. Around month 7, I started noticing more, real growth.

Possible I suppose, but keep in mind it might get worse before getting better.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Here are the best pics I could get. This is from the same pic. I just cropped a small section and enlarged it in the second photo.

Looking at this up close it looks like growth to me. I never had any native hair in these areas. This is from my right side.

Dan

2_mos_growth_super_close.jpg.224a31ee622bfb1e9cd0441b05135adb.jpg

My Hair Loss Website

Originally posted by Abedogg:

Here are the best pics I could get. This is from the same pic. I just cropped a small section and enlarged it in the second photo.

Looking at this up close it looks like growth to me. I never had any native hair in these areas. This is from my right side.

Dan

DAMN that picture is SUPER close indeed ... did you attach a camera to your microscope icon_biggrin.gif