Bosley Lawsuit

Miami

I was wondering if there was anyone else there who felt like pursuing a refund and perhaps other damages for being mislead and permanently scarred by Bosley Medical. Has anyone tried this or consulted with a lawyer? It seems like a class-action lawsuit must have at least been considered before.

I am considering speaking with a lawyer but was wondering if anyone has had any experience here?

If anyone is interested in pursuing this, I would also like to hear your thoughts.

I was wondering if there was anyone else there who felt like pursuing a refund and perhaps other damages for being mislead and permanently scarred by Bosley Medical. Has anyone tried this or consulted with a lawyer? It seems like a class-action lawsuit must have at least been considered before.

I am considering speaking with a lawyer but was wondering if anyone has had any experience here?

If anyone is interested in pursuing this, I would also like to hear your thoughts.

i think there has already been a class action lawsuite against them. and they are banned in some states. if you do a search you will find it. MHR who i consider worse than bosley suprisingly has none yet.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

There have been a couple for false advertising suits from states like California.

In most cases by the time you realize you have been lied to and screwed by them it's to late to sue.

I personally would shoot Bosley on site, and any of his employees, if I thought I could get away with it. I am really surprised one of his patience has not gone postal on him yet. He has destroyed thousands of lives over the years, and is still doing it.

One of my personal goals in life is to get them and companies like them closed down in the next couple years.

• Administrators

Guys,

Open debate is welcome on this site. But death threats are not.

Let's stick to specifics.

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

And for one on one advise visit our "Hair Mentor" program on the Home page.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

here is some brief info about class action lawsuits:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "Lawsuits offer individual consumers an opportunity to strike powerful blows against products marketed with false or misleading claims. One way is by filing a class-action suit against the perpetrator. If the suit is successful, the named plaintiff -- like all class members -- will get a refund plus extra damages that are set by the applicable consumer fraud laws. Most permit a tripling of the award. In addition, punitive damages could be sizable, entitling each class member to a substantial additional award.

The named plaintiff typically gets an "incentive" award for standing up and being counted. The amount is up to the court but typically is geared toward making it worthwhile to serve as the lead plaintiff. Such awards are often large

Being a named plaintiff typically involves little time or effort. Named plaintiffs "lend" their name to the case, sign some papers that the lawyers draw up and submit to the court or to the other side, meet with the lawyer once or twice, give a short deposition (question-and-answer session under oath in a lawyer's office, not in court) to tell their story, and, in the unlikely event the case doesn't settle and does go to trial, show up to tell their story again, this time in court for a few hours. The lawyers do practically all of the work.

If the named plaintiff wants to withdraw later, another person can be substituted without much trouble. After the suit gets going, other peoplemay offer to serve as a class representative. So it isn't really an ironclad commitment.

Class-action suits of this type are important. Government regulatory agencies lack the resources to attack all of the fraud they encounter. Individual citizens can help to protect our society by standing up and saying "enough is enough."

http://www.quackwatch.org

Thanks for the 411.

Re: threats... Doesn't anyone understand sarcasm anymore?! I don't think anyone is taking this seriously... I thought it was quite funny in fact.

A lawsuit seems like the way to go. I think many people have been ripped off and lied to by Bosley and I think the fact that no one has attempted this so far is quite interesting.

I am serious. If it was not against the law, and I would not end up ruining the rest of my life, I would take that guy out (Bosley and Dr. Paul Straub). But, since it would screw up the rest of my life, I won't do it.

So, to be Clear there is NO threat on Bosley's or Straub's life from me, Just wishfull thinking. And a prayer now-and-then, that they and their staff all suffer a slow disfiguring painfull death from aids and testicle cancer.

[This message was edited by MeHairBeGrowin on January 16, 2004 at 02:15 PM.]