Dr Rahal Procedure Questions

Hi everyone,

I am scheduled to have my first HT procedure with Dr Rahal next month. There is no doubt i am extremely nervous but everytime i come on this forum my comfort level sky rockets. Thank god for this forum!!!

I do have a few questions though that i would be grateful if answered.

1. How important are the scalp laxity exercises? I have been doing them twice a day but always worry if i am doing them correctly.

2. My apartment is very dry, i have a humidifier but wonder is there anything i should do over the next month to ensure scalp healthiness? (shampoos or moisturizers)

3. I have fine red hair, does that factor in when determining the success rate of HT?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I look forward to continuing my participation in this forum.

Cheers!!

1. Twice a day for scalp exercises is great. Check out Hasson and Wongs website and there is a video by Jotronic which he clearly shows how they should be done

2. You will be applying vitamin e oil for the first two weeks which feels good. Natural aloe helps after that if you don't like the messiness of the oil. A humidifier is good and staying hydrated helps. I used baby shampoo and conditioner for the first month then switched to Jason Biotin shampoo and Aubrey Organics Moisturizing conditioner which was less harsh than even baby shampoo on the scalp.

3. I don't believe your hair color has anything to do with success of a HT, but it does in terms of the contrast between your hair color and scalp color which can give the illusion of density. The same goes for fine hair as you will probably need more grafts to achieve the same illusion of density as someone with thicker shafted (not sure if that is a word) hair.

Good luck with the patience needed as you count down the days before your surgery. You are in great hands!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

all chime in aswell,

scalp laxity exercises are important if you need to pull a good amount of grafts out, since you are aiming for 4000 grafts, do them more commonly.

I would say 30 mins, 3 x daily because time is coming soon.

as for the hair color and type, it does not have much to do with success, but how it looks.

EX- blonde hair= less contrast with scalp, appearing denser.

course brown hair= high contrast but wavy or curly hair covers more ground.

red fine hair= i have no idea, but dr.rahal is a great doctor and will some wicked magic together to make it look good.

good luck fineredhair

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

Red,

in my opinion, there are a 5-10 excellent surgeons out there doing exceptional strip work, we all have our favorites, Rahal is by far near the top of that list.

One advantage of thin hair if you are having hairline work done, is that it tends to lend to more natural looking hairlines as opposed to thick shaft hair, thats my opinion and it has been written about frequently, so a definite advantage for you.

this is by far the best site and group of guys and girls on the WWWW, so get some pre-op pics up here and get some pre-op advice/suggestions before going in.

tommyf

Red,

All the best my friend. Dont hesitae to ask as many questions as you want, so you are 100% going into it!

In my opinion Rahal is in the top three for sure!

You are in great hands! Sit back and enjoy the ride!

I look forward to seeing you pictures and following your progress!

Cheers

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Thanks alot yall! I am so excited its crazy.

Finerdhair,

I can certainly relate to the above statement. When I was almost completely bald at a norwood 5A, I was extremely unhappy with the way I looked and desperately wanted my hair back. Now after 3 hair transplants, I have the confidence to go out again without my hat.

I will be going for a 4th procedure in April to increase overall density. As much as I love my head of hair, sometimes we just want more icon_smile.gif

It looks like you and I will be going through the journey close to the same time, but you'll be a month or two ahead icon_smile.gif

Best wishes in your upcoming surgery. You're in great hands.

Bill

rahal is a great choice. best of luck with your surgery.

dannyskywalker, i thought you bid these forums adieu?

hey hairthere,

I left HLH, It was getting rediculus, it sucked because that is where people knew me best, but I had just kinda moved, lol.

aswell, after being contacted by a few of Dr. Rahal's patients regarding advice/concerns about their procedure I realized that this is a good tool to help out the fellow balding brethren.

just 2 weeks ago I met up with a patient in my home town who needed some re assurance about the scar. showed him my scar, my results and damn it was friggin cold outside.

anyway, nice to be on here.

sorry for the irrelavence to your case finehair

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

well, glad to see you back on the forums. i thought you had some useful contributions and didn't understand just going cold turkey.

finered, you should check danny's ht out, he had really nice results.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by fineredhair:

hey yall...really thanks for all the well wishes.

Wantego - I will download some before pics over the next few days. I assume the best place to do it is in the webblog thingy...

Talk to you soon guys! Cheers

Sounds like a plan!!! Thanks a bunch and good luck again. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs